The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ill start the fight thread i guess

+6
captainanddew
Shaun
flapanther2001
Gumby
dmar5143
powerpuncher
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ill start the fight thread i guess - Page 2 Empty Re: ill start the fight thread i guess

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 am

after floyd takes off round 7, he decides to just dominate guerrero and break his spirit.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

ill start the fight thread i guess - Page 2 Empty Re: ill start the fight thread i guess

Post  flapanther2001 Sun May 05, 2013 12:40 am

Floyd putting on a clinic...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun May 05, 2013 12:43 am

Guerrero's going to finish this fight with a lot left in the tank and a lot of regrets. Floyd's turned this into an exhibition.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 05, 2013 12:46 am

10-2 mayweather
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 05, 2013 12:46 am

117-111 Floyd .
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 am

powerpuncher wrote:10-2 mayweather
..yep also.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 am

He's even treating Guerrero like a sparring partner.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun May 05, 2013 12:48 am

118-110
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 05, 2013 12:55 am

Floyd credit to him..hes the class of his era no doubt.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 05, 2013 12:56 am

I predicted this fight to be like the Hatton fight, without a KO. I was wrong. Guerrero did not press the action like he did vs. Berto. Sure, it's going to be harder to do vs. Floyd, but you can't stop trying. You can either sit back and keep getting hit OR you can press the action and get hit, while trying to land some shots of your own.

I was hoping the Ghost would make some new fans tonight, but he didn't. Like the Box Nation commentators said, "He made Miguel Cotto look very good tonight."
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 05, 2013 1:00 am

Shaun wrote:I predicted this fight to be like the Hatton fight, without a KO. I was wrong. Guerrero did not press the action like he did vs. Berto. Sure, it's going to be harder to do vs. Floyd, but you can't stop trying. You can either sit back and keep getting hit OR you can press the action and get hit, while trying to land some shots of your own.

I was hoping the Ghost would make some new fans tonight, but he didn't. Like the Box Nation commentators said, "He made Miguel Cotto look very good tonight."
after all of my years of watching boxing (which isnt a lot compared to some of the old timers on the board), i have realized that there is a reason why these types of fighters can slow down a fight so much. guerrero was coming in, not as much to land big shots, but to hopefully get inside so that he could actually throw some power shots. mayweather tied him up every time he tried though. other than that, guerrero was too hesitant to throw many shots because he knew that floyd would counter him with that right.

i think as a fan its easy to say that the opponent should have done more, but i think that when you are in the ring eating those punches, its a lot harder to decide to take a chance of eating even more of them.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 05, 2013 5:07 am

PP some good points.one of floyds weakness is when hes against the ropes.cotto Oscar even Ortiz showed this but didn't exploit it fully..the holding ill bet was Floyd sr advise and they practiced that a lot in training..he second thing was Floyd landed several right hand leads with speed and timed well..a classic punch against a southpaw who gave little or no angles.
it was a fight all of us expected more or less.a realy great fighter against a lower level good fighter.
Floyd also stated that his father required rest time.adaquate rest during training something he did not do in preparing for cotto..Floyd said he overtrained for that fight.the addition of his dad proved a good move.i doubt we see floyd on sept 14.the hand looked very swollen.it will be the later part of the year against kahn or alexander.thoses I think are his next 2 fights ..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 am

richard schaefer named khan, ortiz, and garcia.

just what we want: a guy that went life and death with julio diaz(and never has fought anyone at 147 pounds), a guy who followed up his loss to Floyd by getting his jaw cracked by a moving up Josesito Lopez, or a guy that just allowed Zab Judah to hurt him down the stretch of a fight (and never has fought anyone at 147 pounds).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 05, 2013 11:32 am

the problem with golden boy is Shaffer.first Ortiz deserves nothing.shaffer says one thing one week another thing the next.with me hes got as much creditbilty as wlads last opponent.what happened to the Garcia vs the winner of the LM fight.shaffer has no fucking say in this matter.its Floyd alone who calls the shots and golden boy bows down and says yes.kahn cant make 140 anymore.hes taken the muslim holidays off and will be ready by dec.floyds licking his chops over that one..alexander has already been mentioned by floyds folks as a trial ballon type of thing.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 05, 2013 11:39 am

by Shaffer saying that ill bet he pissed of there other cash cow alvarez who wants Floyd next.yes they will appease him with a possible cotto ppv on sept 14.i don't see Floyd fighting on that date.1.his hand was hurt and we don't know if theres a hairline fracture2.floyd don't need that date to sell tons of ppvs unless its alvarez.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun May 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Ortiz, Garcia and Khan suck. Guerrero could beat them all. Mayweather should fight Canelo next (in sept). Then the winner of Peterson-Matthysse-Garcia (Matthyesse will come out as the best 140LB) should be groomed as the opponent next year for Floyd. If Bradley somehow beats Marquez, he should try to secure a Mayweather fight next year also. Keith Thurman should also be a Mayweather opponent in 2 years. Broner is not going to fight Floyd, its confirmed. Mayweather also plans to finish his contract with Showtime. There is now 5 fights left. So theres 5 more guys Floyd will most likely fight. Canelo is one of them.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Canelo is bigger than Floyd. Canelo won't have to bow down and take such a small cut (as he can call his own shots). Canelo is improving. Against Trout, he didn't throw enough punches for my taste, but he displayed head and upper body movement that I don't recall seeing before.

Add those things up and I don't Floyd fights him.

If Floyd were to fight him, the time is now. Not in 2 years. While Floyd appears to have beaten back father time, it won't last forever. Let Canelo get 3-4 more fights. Let Floyd become 38. That is a recipe for real trouble for Floyd. Floyd is going to evaluate taking the fight now or he is going to never fight him. He isn't stupid enough to push it off. Unless of course he thinks Canelo won't be able to make 154 in 2 years or that Canelo will lose a fight.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 05, 2013 3:28 pm

I can't see anybody beating mayweather at the moment. He is just that good. Canelo would not be able to deal with the movement and speed. He sets his feet too much to get off and mayweather wouldn't stay in range long enough for Canelo to work. It's all easy money

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun May 05, 2013 5:28 pm

I ended up seeing the fight at a bar (our guy won his MMA debut, broke the other guy's arm), I had it 10-2 Flod. I just don't see anybody being able to beat him at this moment.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon May 06, 2013 2:30 am

i do agree that canelo is a good next opponent because canelo still has some bigger flaws and mayweather seems to be at the top of his game still. the question is what dmar said. will his hand be alright to fight in september? i do feel bad for floyds hands because he has always had problems with them.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon May 06, 2013 7:47 am

dmar5143 wrote:the problem with golden boy is Shaffer.first Ortiz deserves nothing.shaffer says one thing one week another thing the next.with me hes got as much creditbilty as wlads last opponent.what happened to the Garcia vs the winner of the LM fight.shaffer has no fucking say in this matter.its Floyd alone who calls the shots and golden boy bows down and says yes.kahn cant make 140 anymore.hes taken the muslim holidays off and will be ready by dec.floyds licking his chops over that one..alexander has already been mentioned by floyds folks as a trial ballon type of thing.

Lucas Mathysse is now represented by Al Haymon. Mathysse is a marketable puncher. Garcia is the only Nuyorican (I know he's from Philly) in boxing right now. Having either guy in a dog fight isn't good for his business. He can milk some cash out of each guy with lesser opponents he will. Let's see what kind of account Mathysse and Peterson give of themselves and then we'll see what Al wants to do with them.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2