The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthysse sells his soul to the devil

+2
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
6 posters

Go down

Matthysse sells his soul to the devil Empty Matthysse sells his soul to the devil

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 02, 2013 8:39 am

Just announced on his Facebook that he's signed with Al Haymon.

So much for a Garcia fight Evil or Very Mad
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Matthysse sells his soul to the devil Empty Re: Matthysse sells his soul to the devil

Post  Diego408 Thu May 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah I think he signed him because he doesn't want Garcia to fight this guy.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Matthysse sells his soul to the devil Empty Re: Matthysse sells his soul to the devil

Post  hky44 Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Out of curiosity...how many times have Haymon fighters fought each other?

I can't think of one scratch

hky44

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu May 02, 2013 3:07 pm

hky44 wrote:Out of curiosity...how many times have Haymon fighters fought each other?

Funnily enough I think it happened in some fight last weekend.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  hky44 Thu May 02, 2013 7:59 pm

kbyte wrote:
hky44 wrote:Out of curiosity...how many times have Haymon fighters fought each other?

Funnily enough I think it happened in some fight last weekend.
Was it Quillin-Guerrero? I forgot Guerrero was with Haymon.

Looks like the plan is Garcia vs Peterson/Matthysse winner. We'll see if that holds up.

www boxingscene.com/danny-garcia-vs-matthysse-peterson-on-september-7th--65060
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised BoxingScene.com that WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (26-0, 16KOs) will return on September 7th - potentially against the winner of Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31KOs) vs. Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16KOs), which takes place on May 18th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

"That's the plan. Danny Garcia will return on September 7th and I would like for him to fight the winner of Lucas Matthysse and Lamont Peterson. This fight will be the lead-in to our big pay-per-view on September 14th. We want to have a big fight the week before the pay-per-view," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

Schaefer says Garcia's return will likely take place on the East Coast. His last two fights took place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. There has been interest to bring Garcia's next fight to either the MGM Grand or the Mandalay Bay. Garcia stopped Amir Khan last July at the Mandalay Bay.

"The fight will probably happen on the East Coast, but there has been interest from the MGM Grand and the Mandalay Bay to have Danny Garcia fight in Las Vegas," Schaefer said.

hky44

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu May 02, 2013 11:48 pm

yes I read that article and golden boys attempt at 140..originaly the 2 winners are to meet and then fight kahn in December.kahn changed directions and said its 147 for him since 140 is getting to hard to make and golden boy stated kahn in dec will fight for a world title..against who is the question.alexander maybe.if its foyd that means a alvarez huge fight in sept 14 is out the window and its alvarez-cotto maybe for sept 14..
one of the writers thinks by LM signing haymon as of now as lol a advisor since he still will have the same manager makes the garcia fight easy to make.
haymons job which he does better far better then anyone else is to maximize money for his fighters.if its to sacrifice one of his fighters so be it.example lopez vs alvarez.guerra vs kid chocolate is another.
I think he has opened the door for 2 of his fighters to meet but under ideal conditions perhaps only known to him.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri May 03, 2013 3:05 am

lets hope that the reason LM signed with haymon was to make a garcia fight easier. but i guess if peterson ends up beating LM, which is a possibility, we wont have to worry about it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down