The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is why i like golovkin

4 posters

Go down

this is why i like golovkin Empty this is why i like golovkin

Post  powerpuncher Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 am

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/golovkin-jabs-at-other-160lb-titleholders-166795

he is calling out any trinket holder to fight. my favorite quote of it is “Felix avoided me as his mandatory for over two years when he was champion, but I will give him the opportunity to fight for his old title whenever he would like to.”

haha. classic.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

this is why i like golovkin Empty Re: this is why i like golovkin

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 pm

LOL thats awesome. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 am

too bad sturm just lost to soliman. i would rather not see him fight soliman but it may happen since soliman will want a big fight and the other trinket holders dont want any part of golovkin.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 pm

I want Golovkin to fight a good opponent next. His last two opponents are not very good. I'd love to see Pirog step up. I know he got hurt when they first made the fight, but said he would be willing to fight him when he came back off injury. I still want to see that fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 pm

I am not going to give GGG alot of shit for fighting two pretty good, but not elite guys.

GGG wants to fight again in March. That doesn't leave alot of time to get an elite guy. And it isn't easy for him to get the elite guys right now because of timing:

Ring's top 10:
Martinez-facing Murray in April
Geale-just fought and probably doesn't take an offer to fight again in March. Maybe he would??
Quillen-facing Guerrero when it gets re-scheduled
Chavez Jr-still suspended I think
Sturm-just lost
Murray-facing Martinez
N'Dam-he isn't going to want to go from the brutal Quillen fight right to GGG.
Pirog-guy is injured, sitting on his ass, or facing so so fighters. Forget about him.
We shit on guys that don't fight alot. GGG is trying to fight often. If he fights in March, he'll have 3 fights in 6 months.

But by trying to fight often, it is hard to get fights against elite guys. If you want to fight twice a year, you can just sit there and wait for elite guys to be available.

His best option is Matthew Macklin. I don't think he has a fight scheduled. He is a top 10 guy. HBO knows he comes to fight. He has competed pretty well in the past (beat Sturm IMO and performed well against Martinez for first 6-7 rounds).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down