The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manti Te'o

+2
dmar5143
NJBeatdown86
6 posters

Go down

Manti Te'o Empty Manti Te'o

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

what.a.clusterfuck.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Manti Te'o Empty Re: Manti Te'o

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:11 am

its the twilight zone.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 am

I don't get the hype around this story. TE'O is a sucker whose either a liar, an idiot, or both. The only thing about this story that's relevant to sports is that I doubt he's going to succeed in the NFL because a lot of people won't respect him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Manti Te'o is getting ripped on, on all social networks with memes and jokes lol Its well deserved. Manti Te'o is not a victim of a sick joke, he orchestrated the whole thing. The guy got caught and is now trying to save his ass. His story has so much holes that he will soon come clean about it, but I doubt he'll take full responsibility and will still end up playing the victim card. Manti basically made this story to get in contention for a Heisman. Notre Dame wanted the BCS title and a heisman trophy winner, so they ran with the story and are now trying to back him up. Karma is the reason they didn't win either. Manti is a liar, he lied to win the Heisman. Some Heisman voters spoke on ESPN and said if they knew this story fictional they wouldn't had voted for him. This story was simply for sympathy votes for Manti. I read an article on how Baylor received hundreds of millions of dollars for a new stadium because of RG3s Heisman trophy. College teams now campaign for Heisman trophies because there is a lot of reward for them and this Manti Te'o story is no different than another campaign by him and the school.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm

so many things in the story dont make any sense. the main thing is that the girls whose picture was used for the fake girl had to be seen by people she knew. i mean, if somebody used my picture in a scam like that, i guarantee at least one person would see it and come and ask me if i had died.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 pm

powerpuncher wrote:so many things in the story dont make any sense. the main thing is that the girls whose picture was used for the fake girl had to be seen by people she knew. i mean, if somebody used my picture in a scam like that, i guarantee at least one person would see it and come and ask me if i had died.
I think thats the reason people who searched for her found out she was fake. Its not hard to find people in this day of age. This fake GF thing was simply for sympathy votes. I think this should be a lesson for anyone else who tries to make a fake story up for attention, because if you get caught you will get humiliated by the public. The worst for Manti is if this affects his draft status because it did drop in that BCS game. He looked horrible. He was projected in the top 5, now I see him around the top 25.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Gumby wrote:I don't get the hype around this story. TE'O is a sucker whose either a liar, an idiot, or both. The only thing about this story that's relevant to sports is that I doubt he's going to succeed in the NFL because a lot of people won't respect him.

I could see him getting zero respect in an nfl lockerroom. It is hard enough as a rookie. Imagine coming in with this ridiculous story.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum