The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto"

+3
Groundhog
flapanther2001
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto" Empty Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto"

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:07 pm

http://www.notifight.com/artman2/publish/Reporte_7/Arum_no_ve_a_Berto_para_Pacquiao.php

^ Arum saying nobody knows Berto and he's a step down from Mosley/JMM

Steve Kim also believes Mosley likely to get the fight
As it related to who will face Manny Pacquiao next, Arum said on Monday afternoon, "Well, Lou DiBella called me today and he’s going to give me their proposal [for Andre Berto] tomorrow. As far as [Golden Boy CEO] Richard Schaefer is concerned, we understand he’s going to give us a proposal for [Juan Manuel] Marquez. And once I have everything, I will go visit Manny in the Philippines for his birthday and I’ll have a discussion with him to see who he wants to fight because there are different financial parameters with everybody."

I get the sinking feeling that when it’s all said and done, Shane Mosley will get the fight with the “Pac-Man”- if he hasn’t already. Arum not only believes he has the biggest name and best pay-per-view history but- let’s face it- Pacquiao-Mosley would be an in-house promotion and a shot across the bow at Golden Boy Promotions.

And let’s call a spade a spade at this point; Pacquiao would be cherry-picking every bit as much as one Floyd Mayweather has in the past.
http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/in-harms-way-goes-on-without-chavez

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto" Empty Re: Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto"

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:45 pm

2nd straight Pac PPV that I ain't buying.

Back to top Go down

Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto" Empty Re: Mosley the front runner for Manny? Arum "Nobody knows Berto"

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

ExpertMcGee wrote:2nd straight Pac PPV that I ain't buying.

Yea, pretty disappointing if Mosley gets the shot, I hope Pac and Roach choose Marquez

But I really doubt it, Mosley will make him more money....
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Same crap Arum spewed at the Pac/Cotto presser about Floyd. He always finds a way to justify his matchmaking.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Nobody knows Berto but everyone knew Clottey?

Everyone knew Margarito.. for the wrong reasons Evil or Very Mad

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Arum is picking Shane to stick it to GBP.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Arum is picking Shane to stick it to GBP.

+1

He'd might as well say, if you want to fight Pac, sign with Top Rank
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Arum is picking Shane to stick it to GBP.

he's picking Shane because:
1- he still has a bigger name (even though diehard fans like us know he is past it) and thus makes financial sense
2-he can stick it to Golden Boy
3-It is a relatively safe fight unless Mosley finds the fountain of youth
4-If Mosley were to somehow land a big right hand and put Pac away (doubtful), Mosley doesn't have long left for the spotlight. If Berto were to get lucky and land a big shot and take Pac out (doubtful once again), a star is born, and that star isn't promoted by Arum.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Doesn't matter if Shane got a bigger name. After his performance against Mayweather and Mora, casual fan thinks he's finished. They will see this as nothing but a predictable Pac fight vs a total shot fighter.

It won't sell well at all.

Steward is correct with his comments:

Steward also thinks Marquez-Pacquiao III could produce real fistic fireworks, maybe more so than their two earlier bouts.

“I just don’t think the public is going to buy Manny against Shane Mosley right now, not after they saw Shane against Floyd Mayweather and then (Sergio) Mora,” Steward said by phone from Austria where he is fine-tuning Wladimir Klitschko for a Dec. 11 heavyweight title defense against Derek Chisora
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Doesn't matter if Shane got a bigger name. After his performance against Mayweather and Mora, casual fan thinks he's finished. They will see this as nothing but a predictable Pac fight vs a total shot fighter.

It won't sell well at all.

Steward is correct with his comments:

Steward also thinks Marquez-Pacquiao III could produce real fistic fireworks, maybe more so than their two earlier bouts.

“I just don’t think the public is going to buy Manny against Shane Mosley right now, not after they saw Shane against Floyd Mayweather and then (Sergio) Mora,” Steward said by phone from Austria where he is fine-tuning Wladimir Klitschko for a Dec. 11 heavyweight title defense against Derek Chisora

Diehards like us won't buy it. A smart guy like Manny won't buy it, but Arum believes that the casual fan will buy into it. He cares about the name.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:44 pm

all the posts are correct..mosley will not bring in the most money its just that shane will accept the least..his ppv with mora says to me its pac that will be selling all the tickets..you can build up and sell a marquez fight1.based on his last performance2.based on the background of there last 2 fights3. base it on a revenge bad blood factor..a marquez fight is also sticking it to golden boy..
arum the other day said he could sell berto.1. hes young2.hes undefeated3.his last fight was a 1 round ko4.its a unifing step towards mannys 5th lineal title...mosley is viewd as the safetest fighter..its cherrypicking to a certain degree..yes the public knows mosley and they feel hes washed up...did they not know hopkins and jones..we saw what that fight did with name recogonition...bring on anybody but mosley...

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Arum also drives everyones overhead price down by threatening a Mosley fight. JMM and Berto will take less at the thought of Mosley getting the fight instead of them. Its a better business move to have three guys willing to undercut each others asking price for a fight with Pac.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:13 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Arum also drives everyones overhead price down by threatening a Mosley fight. JMM and Berto will take less at the thought of Mosley getting the fight instead of them. Its a better business move to have three guys willing to undercut each others asking price for a fight with Pac.
....yep thats part of his plan.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

That's what I'm thinking too. No way Arum thinks Pac vs Mosley will sell well. It'll do good only because of Pac, but it won't get close to a million buys. Tops, it get's like 750k buys. Which is good. But it'll damage Pac's bargaining power if he wants to go to bat against Mayweather.

Because you know damn well Mayweather camp will throw out 1.5 buys Mayweather got against the same opponent.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 pm

How much of the Mosley v. Mora fiasco was Mosley's fault. I was watching on a stream and got bored to the point where I just stopped paying attention. But it seemed like Mora just absolutely refused to engage and Mosley couldn't track him down. Did Mosley look bad or did he just not have a chance to show anything (good or bad)?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Combination of the two. What did GB expect matching Mosley up with a guy like Mora is beyond me. That's like matching a fighter up with Corey Spinks and then bitching that all Spinks did was run. Well, no shit.

But fact is, Mosley looked bad in his last two fights, and so perception is he's old and finished. That's not going to sell at all if he's going against Pac.

If Mosley put on a dominate performance in his last fight, that'd be a different matter.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 pm

he looked bad..i caught the last 3 rounds or 3 n a half of the fight and mora did engage then ..in one round hit mosley 10 times on the button..mosley looked like a downhill shot fighter..yes gumby he looked inept and naz was shocked at his performance and was telling him as much in the corner..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:01 am

And you wonder why I keep calling for Arum's retirement.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:02 am

Ali, it's obviouse as said, Arum is throwing out names to drive the asking price down.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Ali wrote:And you wonder why I keep calling for Arum's retirement.

He's the best promoter in the game right now

What would you prefer? Mosley vs Mora type PPVs that GBP delivers

The shitty # of mismatches they have on Solo Boxeo and Fight Night Club???

Ortiz vs Campbell for 750k on HBO???

No thanks
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:15 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:And you wonder why I keep calling for Arum's retirement.

He's the best promoter in the game right now

What would you prefer? Mosley vs Mora type PPVs that GBP delivers

The shitty # of mismatches they have on Solo Boxeo and Fight Night Club???

Ortiz vs Campbell for 750k on HBO???

No thanks

I would prefer Bob handed Top Rank over to Todd Debouf, that way both companies can start making fights together again.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Ali wrote:I would prefer Bob handed Top Rank over to Todd Debouf, that way both companies can start making fights together again.

Its Schaefer who's being a dick now

Shit even Oscar knows they have to start working together, he said they would step back to make the JMM Trilogy and even put it out on twitter that they have to work together

http://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/4756011202121728
Soto/linares,Marquez/paquiao,mosley/cotto2,victor/Brandon rios, there are so manny fights we can do and we want to do them for the fans.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum