The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan-Molina

+4
boxinglawyer
powerpuncher
dmar5143
Diego408
8 posters

Go down

Khan-Molina Empty Khan-Molina

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 am

Khan is using Molina as his punching bag. One difference with Khan is his footwork.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Khan-Molina Empty Re: Khan-Molina

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 am

kahn looking great.fantastic hand speed good jab and power.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:21 am

Khan doesnt look incredibly, but he looks a but better. Hes learning how to use the ring more, his problem just like Ortiz's problem is he is always hittable with a looping/wild punch. molina has landed a few wild punches on him from time to time. A bigger puncher would hurt Khan.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 am

kahn looked fabulous.yes a world class fighter vs a second tier one can do that but kahns jab was awsome.speed power behind it.his overall handspeed with power is as good as it gets.his footwork was intelligent and kahn was not wreckless tonight.he won all 10 rounds going away.offensively hes improved.he got hit with a few shots he should of avoided with ease.he lunged but far less and he didnt linger there.
his next fight im sure will be against a top tier guy and they better be ready for him.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:28 am

i agree with both of you. i thought that khan looked really good. he was quick with his hands and feet and he threw with authority. he still is susceptible to getting hit by wild punches though. to his defense, it is his first fight with his new trainer so you cant expect him to change everything in a couple of months.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 am

Khan reminds me of Thomas Hearns with fewer physical advantages. He is an offensive MACHINE who just happens to have an off button that an opponent can hit at anytime. If he had Hearns physical advantage, it wouldnt get hit so often.................

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 am

I am damn glad khan looked good last night. I sad worried about that fight. Molina is not a big puncher but lately khan hasn't been able to take a punch
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 am

A good first step for Khan. He's still flawed, but it's the first time I've seen him relaxed in the ring. If he learns how to avoid those hooks, he can climb back to the top of the mountain.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 am

Of course Khan looked good. He was supposed to look good against a soft punching, former LW, who was just there to be an opponent. Khan always looks good against overmatched guys, and he's always been good offensively, that was never his problem.

Once he steps up, and starts fighting real guys again, then we'll see how much progress he's really made. And like somebody above me said: He was getting hit FAR too much by this guy. Somebody with decent power may have had him in some serious trouble.

The jury is still out IMO....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:Of course Khan looked good. He was supposed to look good against a soft punching, former LW, who was just there to be an opponent. Khan always looks good against overmatched guys, and he's always been good offensively, that was never his problem.

Once he steps up, and starts fighting real guys again, then we'll see how much progress he's really made. And like somebody above me said: He was getting hit FAR too much by this guy. Somebody with decent power may have had him in some serious trouble.

The jury is still out IMO....
Of course the jury is still out, but Khan fought differently than how he has in the past. He showed improvement in correcting some of his weaknesses:

- He fought behind his jab.
- He continued to attack the body throughout the fight.
- He didn't bounce up and down burning energy.
- He avoided lunging after his opponent.
- He remained calm on the inside and did not get trapped against the ropes.
- He circled away from his opponent.
- He did not deviate from the pace that he set.

He still moved straight back at times. And he didn't cover up to avoid some flush left hooks. But he definitely showed progress in some areas that he struggled with.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm

For a guy that was bigger than his opponent, Khan did not win the exchanges during the infighting.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:32 am

his main improvement was that he stayed in control during the fight. he didnt go for the KO. he needs to just box until he sees an opening for a KO and not just look for one.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 am

Khan's two biggest problems are STILL THERE:

1. He doesn't move his god damn head...AT ALL. I've never seen a top fighter get hit so much because he doesn't do one of the fundamentals of boxing. His head is always in the same spot, no matter what he's doing. This makes it easy for your opponent: Because instead of throwing at a moving target, you can just throw to a spot. Until he gets this corrected(if ever) he will always be in danger of being hit flush by thunderous shots.

2. He is too damn stiff and robotic. Now being stiff won't hurt you as much offensively because you're on the attack, and you know where your going. Where it hurts you is defensively. He has no fluidity on his defensive movements. This his pension for backing straight up, just covering up and taking shots, or pushing guys off, instead of using his feetm waistm and head movement to escape danger.

He did both of these things in this fight.

Remember: This is a guy who has had 5 different trainers(I think). Everytime he gets a new trainer, people are quick to say how much he's improved. I remember people were praising Roach for being a miracle worker for the things he did for Khan. Now people are praising Hunter for the things he's done for Khan(after one fight against a hand-picked guy???).

Khan is the same guy. Once he gets hit, and gets hit hard, all of this "new training" will be out of the window. Once higher level opponents step up the pressure on him, his "new training" will be out of the window.

Like I've said before: If you're a high level, professional fighter, and you've had that many trainers...it's not the training, IT'S YOU!!!

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum