The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Awards for 2012

2 posters

Go down

Boxing Awards for 2012 Empty Boxing Awards for 2012

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Fighter of the Year? I have Marquez after a big KO win over Pacquiao. He also won a paper belt at jr Welter a side from that huge win.

Fight of the Year? there are many such as Maidana-SotoKarras, Lopez-Salido II, Ortiz-Lopez, Pacquaio-Marquez IV, Matthysse-Soto, Guerrero-Berto and Rios-Alvarado. The popular one is really Rios vs Alvarado, but to me its clearly Herman Marquez vs Brian Viloria to unify their titles. Both guys go down, there was a ton of action and both guys were in it until Viloria stopped Marquez in dramatic fashion. Viloria was actually taking a pounded till he dropped Marquez for the last time. It wont win FOTY by ESPN or Ring because they're unknowns to a lot of boxing fans and its the smaller weight classes which get no attention, but it was the most entertaining fight to me.

Round of the Year? Marquez-Pacquiao round 5 may get it, but Viloria-Marquez round 5 was more entertaining, so I I'll give it to the little guys.

KO of the year? clearly Marquez one punch KO of Pacquiao in the closing seconds of round 6. Manny was unconscious for a while.

Upset of the Year? Josesito Lopez TKO9 over Victor Ortiz.

Prospect of the Year? Keith Thurman? Tyson Fury? Brian Price? I'll go with Javier Fortuna. He won an interm Strap last Saturday and is super talented. He got two solid wins late in the year.

Comeback Fighter of the year? clearly Robert Guerrero.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Boxing Awards for 2012 Empty Re: Boxing Awards for 2012

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Hardest category to pick is is FOTY You could pick any of those and it would be right.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down