The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Pacquiao have the best resume of all time?

+10
boxinglawyer
Diego408
dmar5143
powerpuncher
SlickMoney
dbudge
hardcorebee24
Soonermark890
captainanddew
Shaun
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Does Pacquiao have the best resume of all time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Pacquiao have the best resume of all time?

Post  SlickMoney Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:The topic was resume NOT accomplishments. None of you Pacboys can tell me Manny has a better resume than Oscar's. People wanna call Floyd a ducker but say nothing about Mannys brilliant matchmaking aka duck a fighter until he is washed up. Why did he fight Cotto at a catchweight but had no problem fighting Clottey at the 147 max just 5 months later? Why did he wait until Shane got schooled by Floyd until finally accepting a fight with him? Freddie Roach even says to Shane "you're too good". What great fighter did Manny move up in weight to beat? Pac cum guzzlers need to start being objective.
oscar? Everyone and i mean everyone said PAC was crazy to jump two weight classes to fight him. I don't want to hear any bullshit about how Oscar was weight drained. Everyone thought PAC was getting ko'd but since he beat the shit out of him so bad he gets no credit right? Stop being a fucking hater. The guy is amazing plain and simple

Oscar in 2008 was a great fighter? Oscar hadn't fought at that weight in 6 or 7 years. Put your pom poms away and look at it objectively and you'll see your bf has had numerous handpicked opponents.

Now breakdown his other opponents since Hatton.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Does Pacquiao have the best resume of all time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Pacquiao have the best resume of all time?

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:34 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:The topic was resume NOT accomplishments. None of you Pacboys can tell me Manny has a better resume than Oscar's. People wanna call Floyd a ducker but say nothing about Mannys brilliant matchmaking aka duck a fighter until he is washed up. Why did he fight Cotto at a catchweight but had no problem fighting Clottey at the 147 max just 5 months later? Why did he wait until Shane got schooled by Floyd until finally accepting a fight with him? Freddie Roach even says to Shane "you're too good". What great fighter did Manny move up in weight to beat? Pac cum guzzlers need to start being objective.
oscar? Everyone and i mean everyone said PAC was crazy to jump two weight classes to fight him. I don't want to hear any bullshit about how Oscar was weight drained. Everyone thought PAC was getting ko'd but since he beat the shit out of him so bad he gets no credit right? Stop being a fucking hater. The guy is amazing plain and simple

Oscar in 2008 was a great fighter? Oscar hadn't fought at that weight in 6 or 7 years. Put your pom poms away and look at it objectively and you'll see your bf has had numerous handpicked opponents.

Now breakdown his other opponents since Hatton.
and how many times had PAC fought at that weight? Oh never. Stop fucking hating. All you PAC haters are rediculous. You want to sit back and make excuses about how he hand picked opponents who are elite fighters that are WAY larger than him. But hell no we wouldn't want to give him credit for that would we so stop trying to beat down the best of this generation and get over it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm

So if Andre Berto moves up to 160 and beats Allan Green who moves down from 168 that's a great win? Oscar in 2008 is equivalent to Green.

Call me a hater but I've given legit reasons as to why Pacquiao has had some brilliant matchmaking in his career. I've never called him a bum or said he's not a hall of famer. Simply said he has had handpicked opponents and his resume is not fucking with Oscar's. Feel free to breakdown the opponents, I'm dying to read it.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:59 pm

SlickMoney wrote:So if Andre Berto moves up to 160 and beats Allan Green who moves down from 168 that's a great win? Oscar in 2008 is equivalent to Green.

Call me a hater but I've given legit reasons as to why Pacquiao has had some brilliant matchmaking in his career. I've never called him a bum or said he's not a hall of famer. Simply said he has had handpicked opponents and his resume is not fucking with Oscar's. Feel free to breakdown the opponents, I'm dying to read it.
so now your saying Allan green and Oscar are the same?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:So if Andre Berto moves up to 160 and beats Allan Green who moves down from 168 that's a great win? Oscar in 2008 is equivalent to Green.

OSCAR IN 2008 IS EQUIVALENT TO GREEN.

Don't ignore the rest of the post.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

so Oscar who just lost a split decision with Floyd is the same as green? Don't ignore your dumbass statement
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

so Oscar who just lost a split decision with Floyd is the same as green? Don't ignore your dumbass statement

Oscar had no business winning on any scorecard. Now back to the original discussion.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Sooner, do as you will but take this into account.

Arguing with fools is ill advised. They will drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience. Very Happy

Pac is a once in a lifetime fighter. There really is no debate except for a few anonymous folks on some obscure message boards. No expert or real fighter not named Mayweather disputes this. Heck, some of the greatest fighters of our time say it too. Leave the haters with thier straws. Its all they have left.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: Sooner, do as you will but take this into account.

Arguing with fools is ill advised. They will drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience. Very Happy

Pac is a once in a lifetime fighter. There really is no debate except for a few anonymous folks on some obscure message boards. No expert or real fighter not named Mayweather disputes this. Heck, some of the greatest fighters of our time say it too. Leave the haters with thier straws. Its all they have left.

The argument was resume not accomplishments. Explain to me how I am a fool.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Oscar had no business winning on any scorecard. Now back to the original discussion.
like i said before anyone can pick apart anyone's resume. We could do the old song and dance slick but both of us have heard it all before. If you say it's Oscar i don't mind he is my favorite fighter. I just think what PAC has done outweighs oscars which isn't by much.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

like i said before anyone can pick apart anyone's resume. We could do the old song and dance slick but both of us have heard it all before. If you say it's Oscar i don't mind he is my favorite fighter. I just think what PAC has done outweighs oscars which isn't by much.

So pick apart Oscar's. Maybe u change some opinions.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

So pick apart Oscar's. Maybe u change some opinions.
we could but why? This is just all opinion anyways. One things for sure we will be splitting hairs when it comes to their resumes
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 pm

If you take the names on the list he has one of the best. If you look at the state of his opponents when he fought them it diminishes. But he's special.

I personally put Oscar and BHop ahead of him. Oscar because of he fought everyone, and BHop because he fought everyone he could. But I definitely value Pac's weight jump less than a lot of people. So if you care about that then what he's done is unprecedented.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 am

i guess we will have to wait a few years down the road to get some true and honest opinions. during a fighters career, we dont always judge them honestly. once they are retired for a few years, its easier to look back and say what they really were.

for example, pac is on our immortals list. why? because at the time it was made, he was starting his few years of dominance. but after those few years we see him look not so great. then we wait for him to retire. then we wait a few more years. peoples opinions will probably change.

i will go to my grave saying that pac just has some huge fans which try to elevate what he did over what it actually was. looking at resume by name rather than what state they were in. like i gave an example before, is it that great beating a fighter who used to be great but isnt anymore? does berbeck get credit for beating ali? no way. and why? because we know that ali wasnt the same fighter as he was before. just because the name is there, doesnt mean the win was of any worth.

and the example that BL gave of comaparing it to leonard beating up HWs was ridiculous. manny became an actual welterweight. he stopped cutting down even when asked because it was more beneficial to stay up at 147 because it was an easier weight for him. if leonard had naturally grown 50 pounds throughout his career just with age then yes, it would be a good comparison. but you have to take in account that manny was young and age had a lot to do with his growth. he become close to the size of a lot of his opponents. in a lot of fights, he wasnt really the smaller guy by much at all.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Sooner,

In your opininon, who was Manny's best win?

I hope you don't say Oscar. Oscar was done. Floyd's win over Oscar was better because even though Oscar was faded, he was at least fighting at his best weight and was still viable.

And Manny didn't do anything but imitate Shame: And Shame's first win over a PRIME, two divisions higher Oscar is the kind of win that you can bragg about.

And if you think Manny's resume compares to Oscar, you are just cheerleading(no offense): He fought ALL of these guys in their PRIMES: Floyd, Manny, Tito, Vargas, Quartey, B-Hop, Shame, Carr, the list goes on and on...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Hillsicc, powerpuncher, and Gumby you're all fools......according to BoxingLawyer.

Still waiting for the Pac lovers to breakdown his resume.

Honestly, Shane Mosley might have a better one than Pacquiao. I'm basing that on PRIME FIGHTERS FOUGHT. Idc bout no paper titles.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:17 am

pacs resume is one of the best over the time he fought in the ring.the best no.top 5 yes.we dont need for his career to end to determine the greatness of pac.the real question is he a great fighter.absolutely.a all time top 100 great fighter.yes i strongly believe that.he had at his best awsome hand speed in bunches with power.great angles that he delivered punches at in a good variety of ways.and he came to fight.the abilty the package was there .enough to establish greatness.
im a big fan of his but not a so called pac tard.anyone who disagrees with what i said above ill simply label a pac hatter.he was a special fighter like each and every one of the all time greats.the top 100.he excited boxing fans and the general public like few have before.thats something some folks cant handle or accept i guess.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 am

SlickMoney wrote:Hillsicc, powerpuncher, and Gumby you're all fools......according to BoxingLawyer.

Still waiting for the Pac lovers to breakdown his resume.

Honestly, Shane Mosley might have a better one than Pacquiao. I'm basing that on PRIME FIGHTERS FOUGHT. Idc bout no paper titles.
I get what BL is saying. I just disagree with him. I look at Pac like RJJ if he'd pushed himself (I have a sneaking suspicion BL might as well). He was a guy with amazing talent, but he went out and pushed himself to prove himself. His physical talent was so extreme that he could move up in weight and dominate in ways that seemed impossible. He has a wide range of victories, no one can say they've been champions in as many divisions as Pac. Even if you argue that he handpicked fighters, he handpicked among the elite in the sport.

The two things that diminish what Pac did for me are that I don't care as much about guys jumping weight and he didn't win all of fights. I like guys like Andre Ward who prove themselves in one or two divisions over time and beat everyone decisively. Pac fought everyone, but he didn't beat everyone. The number of losses, disputed victories, and poor performances hurts his resume. When we look at his career when he retires, when are we going to say his prime was? What was his best weight? And during his prime is he one of the best all-time at his best weight? I think Pac's resume shows that he was among the best in the weights he fought. There are always other guys around him. I put him in the same category as Oscar, and I think Oscar fought better competition (even though I think Pac is a better fighter). I think BHop has made the argument in his career that he was the best MW ever (even though I'm not sure if I think he was a better fighter than Pac).

I don't put Shane near Pac because he was on steroids for some of his biggest wins and his losses were much more one-sided. Pac has gone back and forth with Morales and JMM. Shane was beaten by Forrest and Wright (not to mention the end of his career).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3