The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27

5 posters

Go down

Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27 Empty Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 pm

In Sergio’s home Country of Argentina. HBO will televise and the venue will be a soccer stadium. ESPN reported that it was the president of Argentina who announced the fight. Shows how popular Martinez got after the Chavez Jr fight. Martin Murray is undefeated and is ranked in the top 10 on Ring Magazines ranking Middleweight rankings.

Any one has a problem with him fighiting Murray? http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8709673/sergio-martinez-returning-home-argentina-fight-martin-murray
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 pm

no problem.murray is a legit fighter.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez to fight Martin Murray on April 27

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Nah if anyone deserves to take on a guy like murray in his home country its Sergio. I really hope he goes after someone big next. If they will fight him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I'd love to see Sergio fight Golovkin next year. Fighting Murray is fine though, as he's fought most of the guys in the top ten and has never really had the "home" advantage, so I think he deserves a big fight in Argentina.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:20 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I'd love to see Sergio fight Golovkin next year. Fighting Murray is fine though, as he's fought most of the guys in the top ten and has never really had the "home" advantage, so I think he deserves a big fight in Argentina.
Everytime I see your post I crack up at the Arum quote.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Arum is a treasure trove of quotes.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Arum is a treasure trove of quotes.
I loved his quote about the during the whole Mayweather vs Pacquiao negotiation BS when he actually said something like "I was lying yesterday, but I'm telling the truth right now." OMG what a fucking rat hahahaha
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Diego408 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:Arum is a treasure trove of quotes.
I loved his quote about the during the whole Mayweather vs Pacquiao negotiation BS when he actually said something like "I was lying yesterday, but I'm telling the truth right now." OMG what a fucking rat hahahaha
Im not going to lie I use that quote LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Nah if anyone deserves to take on a guy like murray in his home country its Sergio. I really hope he goes after someone big next. If they will fight him.

a guy like Murray. Murray is 30 years old. In his prime. Ranked in the top 10 by ring. 0 losses. And arguably won against Sturm in Germany.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Nah if anyone deserves to take on a guy like murray in his home country its Sergio. I really hope he goes after someone big next. If they will fight him.

a guy like Murray. Murray is 30 years old. In his prime. Ranked in the top 10 by ring. 0 losses. And arguably won against Sturm in Germany.
And yet he will get killed.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Maybe. There is a reason they fight the fights. Martinez has a couple of issues: 1-he can be outboxed in the first half of fights (it has happened in a few fights over the past few years). 2-Martinez is old. 3-Martinez had surgery on the knee.

I think I would venture that martinez could very well be down on the scorecards after 6 rounds and have to dent Murray to win. He should do so, but I don't think anything is a given with older fighters (that have bodies that seem to be breaking down).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Maybe. There is a reason they fight the fights. Martinez has a couple of issues: 1-he can be outboxed in the first half of fights (it has happened in a few fights over the past few years). 2-Martinez is old. 3-Martinez had surgery on the knee.

I think I would venture that martinez could very well be down on the scorecards after 6 rounds and have to dent Murray to win. He should do so, but I don't think anything is a given with older fighters (that have bodies that seem to be breaking down).
True but other than Sergio being old Murray presents no threat really. Im not saying he is a bad fighter just that sergio is just that good. Either way I will watch.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

True but other than Sergio being old Murray presents no threat really. Im not saying he is a bad fighter just that sergio is just that good. Either way I will watch.

i'm a huge sergio fan but he has to start faster. He can't wait till he is 4 pts down on scorecards to fight. Eventually he is going to get himself in a situation where his body won't respond the way he wants it to or he isn't going to be able to stop the opponent.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 pm

I hope he is amped up, comes out and stops Murray early. Then fights the Chavez rematch.

Then rides off into the sunset. I would love to see him end his career the right way. Not the way we don't want to see.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:I hope he is amped up, comes out and stops Murray early. Then fights the Chavez rematch.

Then rides off into the sunset. I would love to see him end his career the right way. Not the way we don't want to see.
I agree.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Martinez is beatable. But it's hell fighting a guy like Martinez. His speed and Power really makes a difference a side with him being tough as nails. Murray may give Martinez fits, but Martinez will probably finish him in the championship rounds. However Martinez is old, he can age over night. I just hope he had another 2 years in the tank.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down