The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Illinois?

2 posters

Go down

Northern Illinois? Empty Northern Illinois?

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Am I the only one who has mixed feelings about them?
I just look at their schedule and its so weak. Also they lost to Iowa. Really Iowa?
At the same time they did win their conference.

I know my team is the one booted out of the BCS because of this and I am a little biased. At the same time I will be the first to tell you we should have pulled out the two close home games if we wanted to go to a BCS bowl. Never leave it up to the stupid voters.

I mean a team that only played one ranked team the entire year gets in over a 10-2 OU team who was co-big 12 champs (Not really in my eyes but whatever) and only losses are to top 5 teams. Seems kinda messed up. But hey thats our shitty no playoff system right?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Northern Illinois? Empty Re: Northern Illinois?

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 pm

NIU is a good team but not worthy of a BCS game. They would beat Iowa now. I think they are legitimately a top 25 team. Unfortunately for OU, Nebraska and Louisville/Rutgers choked away the chance to keep NIU out. The BCS has too many rules also. OU is excluded because every spot was automatically taken. 6 conferences get in and I don't think Big East, ACC, or even the Big Ten this year, don't deserve automatic entry. Only 2 teams from each conference also kills the competitive spirit of the BCS.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:NIU is a good team but not worthy of a BCS game. They would beat Iowa now. I think they are legitimately a top 25 team. Unfortunately for OU, Nebraska and Louisville/Rutgers choked away the chance to keep NIU out. The BCS has too many rules also. OU is excluded because every spot was automatically taken. 6 conferences get in and I don't think Big East, ACC, or even the Big Ten this year, don't deserve automatic entry. Only 2 teams from each conference also kills the competitive spirit of the BCS.
This year three teams got in that damn sure didnt deserve it. Wisconsin? Are you fucking kidding? 5 losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIU and a pretty bad Louisville team. This entire system is shit. Why not just go with a full on playoff?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:21 pm

It really should be an 8 team playoff. The bowl season is long enough for 3 rounds of playoffs and you cannot tell me Bama and/or ND getting 3 bowl games is somehow going to produce less money than the Minnesota's and Duke's of the world getting one game in. 16 teams would guarantee the best team is in the playoff but would be very long and might make some teams play up to 18 games in a season. That is only possible with a 13 game regular season (only available to teams that travel to Hawaii) and a conference championship game. 17 games would be the normal max and is pushing how much kids can play adding in them missing Finals and the Holidays.

4 team playoff is easiest to implement but will keep out people that lose at the wrong time. You can't tell me K-State should be left out of a playoff.

An 8 team playoff should allow some break for the players and should include every team that earned its way in. I know Texas A&M is the media darling this year but they still lost twice. I wouldn't feel bad at all leaving them out. Same thing with OU, FSU, and South Carolina. You can make a case for any of these teams but they all lost multiple games.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:It really should be an 8 team playoff. The bowl season is long enough for 3 rounds of playoffs and you cannot tell me Bama and/or ND getting 3 bowl games is somehow going to produce less money than the Minnesota's and Duke's of the world getting one game in. 16 teams would guarantee the best team is in the playoff but would be very long and might make some teams play up to 18 games in a season. That is only possible with a 13 game regular season (only available to teams that travel to Hawaii) and a conference championship game. 17 games would be the normal max and is pushing how much kids can play adding in them missing Finals and the Holidays.

4 team playoff is easiest to implement but will keep out people that lose at the wrong time. You can't tell me K-State should be left out of a playoff.

An 8 team playoff should allow some break for the players and should include every team that earned its way in. I know Texas A&M is the media darling this year but they still lost twice. I wouldn't feel bad at all leaving them out. Same thing with OU, FSU, and South Carolina. You can make a case for any of these teams but they all lost multiple games.
OU didnt deserve it this year. If you lose 2 games at home you dont deserve it.
Why not just divide all 119 teams up into 8 conferences. Then have all 8 champs have a playoff for the championship. You can still take all the other bowls and have them play. Its really no big deal but that would be too simple right LOL?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:04 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:It really should be an 8 team playoff. The bowl season is long enough for 3 rounds of playoffs and you cannot tell me Bama and/or ND getting 3 bowl games is somehow going to produce less money than the Minnesota's and Duke's of the world getting one game in. 16 teams would guarantee the best team is in the playoff but would be very long and might make some teams play up to 18 games in a season. That is only possible with a 13 game regular season (only available to teams that travel to Hawaii) and a conference championship game. 17 games would be the normal max and is pushing how much kids can play adding in them missing Finals and the Holidays.

Why not just divide all 119 teams up into 8 conferences. Then have all 8 champs have a playoff for the championship. You can still take all the other bowls and have them play. Its really no big deal but that would be too simple right LOL?

Yeah too logical.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Yeah too logical.
Thats what I hate and love about college football. It makes for great debates but damn it would be nice to know for sure who is the best team.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum