The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad's new trainer

+3
dmar5143
Soonermark890
captainanddew
7 posters

Go down

Wlad's new trainer Empty Wlad's new trainer

Post  captainanddew Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Legendary trainer Emmanuel Steward has been in Wladimir Klitschko's corner for the past eight years. Steward helped Klitschko deal with the lows (Lamon Brewster TKO loss) and highs (winning IBF, IBO, WBA, and WBO belts). With Steward's passing, Klitschko will have to move on with a new trainer. For his next title defense on November 11th against Marius Wach, Kronk disciple and fellow professional boxer, Johnathon Banks, will be in his corner.

Banks is not a professional trainer. I expect that Klitschko will get past Wach and will not be hampered by the recent loss.

How much will it affect Klitschko in the longer-term?

What trainer do you see him selecting?

Does anyone remember professional boxers getting a less experienced professional boxer to be his cornerman for a fight?

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Wlad's new trainer Empty Re: Wlad's new trainer

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Does a guy as experienced as Wlad really need a trainer at this point. All a trainer needs to do with Wlad is keep him in shape and show him film clips.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 pm

captain yes mike tyson.after rooney he had folks in his corner for the douglas fight that maybe were not fighters but had almost zero experience.it showed..
sooner a top trainer like stewart does more then show fight films.they can see things and correct them or improve on some things.wlad cannot see himself spar.nor perhaps does he have the wisdom of manny that came from years of trial and error.
im sure wlad does know how to condition himself very well and has the work ethic to do so but a knowledgeable trainer makes a big differnce when fighting top competion.wlads fortunate that the division has lacked that for a long while.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:20 pm

dmar5143 wrote:captain yes mike tyson.after rooney he had folks in his corner for the douglas fight that maybe were not fighters but had almost zero experience.it showed..
sooner a top trainer like stewart does more then show fight films.they can see things and correct them or improve on some things.wlad cannot see himself spar.nor perhaps does he have the wisdom of manny that came from years of trial and error.
im sure wlad does know how to condition himself very well and has the work ethic to do so but a knowledgeable trainer makes a big differnce when fighting top competion.wlads fortunate that the division has lacked that for a long while.
So you think with all of Wlad's experience at this point in his career he needs an all time great trainer still? I was thinking that any decent trainer will do. I am not sure how much a new trainer can teach him. But hell I have never been a fighter so I dont really know.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:04 pm

dmar5143 wrote:captain yes mike tyson.after rooney he had folks in his corner for the douglas fight that maybe were not fighters but had almost zero experience.it showed..

can't believe I didn't think of the douglas fight. Not fighters but those guys were as unprofessional as they come. I remember they had a latex glove with ice in it as they didn't have the proper equipment.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:35 am

wlad has improved a lot since getting with steward. now we will see if those improvements stay with him. i think that wlads improvements have mostly been learning how to stay out of harms way. it also helped that the HW division turned beyond terrible.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 am

Wlad is a professional. He will still be in great shape. His general strategy of staying behind the jab and using the right hand to do the damage more as the fight goes, will not change. The one thing that would worry me is not having a voice in the corner that has his total attention to: 1-prod him to take out guys when it is time to do so; 2-a voice that reassures him that everything is okay if he does get clipped in a fight.

Also, he is getting older. There might need to be some changes made to the general strategy.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 pm

The only place I possibly see it majorly affecting his boxing is in-fight adjustments. Wlad is an intelligent man who embraces the style Manny taught him. Like Capt said, he is a professional and will get in shape every time too. Any world class trainer will be able to come up with similar if not the same strategy Manny would come up with. I don't know how much another trainer will be able to make the adjustments or motivate Wlad in rounds he gets TOO passive.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm

TEDDY ATLAS!!!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 pm

nano212 wrote:TEDDY ATLAS!!!
LOL....why, so he can fight even less?