The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hatton to fight katsidis

+7
Shaun
Tobe
koolkc107
kbyte
powerpuncher
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
11 posters

Go down

hatton to fight katsidis Empty hatton to fight katsidis

Post  captainanddew Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 pm

boxingscene is reporting that ricky hatton will fight katsidis (who is totally done) in his comeback fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

hatton to fight katsidis Empty Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Katsides is just a tune up for Arturo Gatti.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:29 am

this will be an ugly fight. i expect hatton to hold even more than he used to because he wont be in as good of shape and will be very rusty. katsidis is about done though because he has taken too many beatings. i think that hatton will probably win but it will be close and ugly.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:17 am

I agree that Katsidis is done but I find this fight pretty interesting because Ricky could also be done and Katsidis does have pretty good power. I don't know how this fight will go.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 am

kbyte wrote:I agree that Katsidis is done but I find this fight pretty interesting because Ricky could also be done and Katsidis does have pretty good power. I don't know how this fight will go.

If this was the katsidis that faced Marquez then I'd agree. But he was beat badly against Guerrero and Burns. And he lost his last fight against Albert Mensah.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 am

Isn't Hatton fighting because he needs money for his promotional company?

I don't fault him and wish him well.

koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Katsides is just a tune up for Arturo Gatti.

Oh, that's cold man. Laughing
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 pm

koolkc107 wrote:Isn't Hatton fighting because he needs money for his promotional company?

I don't fault him and wish him well.

yes, it is about helping his guys get more exposure on his card. Very difficult to deal with Warren and the other big promoters in the UK.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm actually surprised he is not fighting Malignaggi.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Shaun wrote:I'm actually surprised he is not fighting Malignaggi.
I'm not. Malignaggi is alive.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Shaun wrote:I'm actually surprised he is not fighting Malignaggi.
Not yet, just wait for it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm

kasidis is shop warn but this fight takes him from a friday night fight to a very big payday.i dont know what arena there fighting in but hatton still can sell 15000 20 thousand tickets and good tv money..why the cry for paulie.a kahn -hatton fight in the uk will be big.perhaps even ppv.if i were hatton id try to make that fight and get 3 times or more money then fighting paulie.
paulie seems to be very popular on here since everyone wants to match him up with several fighters.paulie did a great job of vitalizing his career.ill root for him against anyone except pac.
he has a career after boxing.get ride of roy jones jr and give it to paulie.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm

dmar5143 wrote:kasidis is shop warn but this fight takes him from a friday night fight to a very big payday.i dont know what arena there fighting in but hatton still can sell 15000 20 thousand tickets and good tv money..why the cry for paulie.a kahn -hatton fight in the uk will be big.perhaps even ppv.if i were hatton id try to make that fight and get 3 times or more money then fighting paulie.
paulie seems to be very popular on here since everyone wants to match him up with several fighters.paulie did a great job of vitalizing his career.ill root for him against anyone except pac.

he was pretty good on showtime.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:39 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:kasidis is shop warn but this fight takes him from a friday night fight to a very big payday.i dont know what arena there fighting in but hatton still can sell 15000 20 thousand tickets and good tv money..why the cry for paulie.a kahn -hatton fight in the uk will be big.perhaps even ppv.if i were hatton id try to make that fight and get 3 times or more money then fighting paulie.

he was pretty good on showtime.
i have actually learned to like paulie. i used to think that he was just annoying and such a boring fighter to watch. his career has actually been pretty solid. he has beaten a few decent fighters and had a surprisingly close fight against cotto. he is a good commentator too surprisingly.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am

Katsidis:

The Human Punching Bag. Even when he was winning fights, he was taking a beating, now it's just sad to see his face turn into Rocky Dennis(Mask) during the course of a fight. He's not only losing...he's losing his brains, losing the fight, and losing his recognizable features to be classified as a modern human. He should have been a railroad pin instead of a person.

Hatton:

Never was good. Just a mauler, holder, and hugger who was allowed to wrestle guys to death fighting in his backyard. This human balloon was a poster child for the 'Before-After-and Before' photos the way his weight fluxuated between fights. And over the past few years, he himself has taken some serious beatings: Callazo beat him around the ring, and he was fortunate to escape with a gift win. Floyd beat him around the ring for 10 rounds, he couldn't get out of the way of a punch to save his life. And the last time we saw him, he was planking from the result of a Manny left hand. He was out so cold and long that they turned the lights off in the arena, and he was still in the ring. Add to this his little cocaine addiction, and long layoff, and we have a real garbage man coming back into the ring.

They should pay us to watch this one...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 am

It says on boxingscene that it could be either Kats, Senchenko or Carson Jones. If I'm right and Sernchenko is the guy that Paulie stopped then I hope he doesn't fight him. Kats I think is interesting and Carson Jones could be interesting also since we could compare Ricky's performance against him to that of Kell Brook's.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:Katsidis:

The Human Punching Bag. Even when he was winning fights, he was taking a beating, now it's just sad to see his face turn into Rocky Dennis(Mask) during the course of a fight. He's not only losing...he's losing his brains, losing the fight, and losing his recognizable features to be classified as a modern human. He should have been a railroad pin instead of a person.

Hatton:

Never was good. Just a mauler, holder, and hugger who was allowed to wrestle guys to death fighting in his backyard. This human balloon was a poster child for the 'Before-After-and Before' photos the way his weight fluxuated between fights. And over the past few years, he himself has taken some serious beatings: Callazo beat him around the ring, and he was fortunate to escape with a gift win. Floyd beat him around the ring for 10 rounds, he couldn't get out of the way of a punch to save his life. And the last time we saw him, he was planking from the result of a Manny left hand. He was out so cold and long that they turned the lights off in the arena, and he was still in the ring. Add to this his little cocaine addiction, and long layoff, and we have a real garbage man coming back into the ring.

They should pay us to watch this one...
Every damn word is true!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:57 am

So hes fighting Senchenko. Bleh.Guess hes a solid opponent just not very exciting.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down