The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hate for Dawson quitting?

+11
Shaun
jz_hova
koolkc107
dmar5143
powerpuncher
Diego408
Soonermark890
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
nano212
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No hate for Dawson quitting? Empty No hate for Dawson quitting?

Post  nano212 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:59 pm

I just seen all of Sat's fights off my DVR, The Molina and Matthysse were kinda of quick stoppages but like another poster stated neither fighter complained to much about the refs decisions. Now onto the Dawson vs Ward fight, Dawson looked a bit lethargic and was a step or two behind Ward all night, in saying that he did exactly what Victor Ortiz did got up from a knock down and informed the ref he was done and quit! But there seems to be little hate for him like the hate brought down upon Ortiz for the same actions!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

No hate for Dawson quitting? Empty Re: No hate for Dawson quitting?

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:29 pm

He never seemed like he wanted to be in there most of the fight. I was shocked that he quit.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 pm

It was expected Chad would do that. His heart has always been in question. After letting Pascal beat him, what few delusional supporters he had became silenced.

Ortiz always had delusional fans that claimed him quitting against Maidana was a fluke.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm

There is some hate but he won't get it from me. First, I already believed he was weak mentally and therefore am not surprised. Second, I like going out on your shield as much as the next fan but also don't mind fighters that no longer have a realistic chance of winning quitting the fight. It is the job of the ref or trainer to stop it before it gets to that point. Third, Ward is on another level and put a beatdown on him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm

I have called him a fake fighter for a long time.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 am

I guess the "hate" for Ortiz was bigger because he actually has a real fan base that cared about him and also the fact that he is a Latin fighter?
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:16 am

Dawson has no fans, so no one really cares.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 am

nano212 wrote:I guess the "hate" for Ortiz was bigger because he actually has a real fan base that cared about him and also the fact that he is a Latin fighter?
its just the mentality that both fighters have shown. since the adamek fight, dawson has shown to be chinny and not have a ton of heart. we just kind of expect it. plus, he was just getting beat every round and wasnt going to win. he could only further hurt himself so im fine with him quitting.

ortiz quit against maidana when he still had a chance to comeback and then in his interview said that he doesnt deserve to go out on his back which is a big no no. against mayweather, he was smiling like it was funny what had just happened when a real fighter would have been angry. against lopez, he was up on the scorecards and could have won the fight if he would have finished it, but he decided to quit. if ortiz was just getting beat up with no chance to win any of those fights like dawson was, i wouldnt have thought much of it.

if dawson were winning the fight or the fight were even close, i would have hated on him quitting.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:17 am

dawson i believed was drained.even if they fought at 172 a weight only a pound and a few onces less then dawsons last fight the result would of been similar..dawson never impressed me in anything he did.hes far from a special fighter.basicaly ordinary.when you have a ordinary guy fight a fighter who in that point in time can be viewed as special this is what happens.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Chad was done after the first KD...his heart was snatched right out of his chest.

I don't think he ever though Ward could do to him what he did to him.

And Chad has to have one of the worst corners I've ever seen in a big fight.

I would have told Chad two things early on:

1) Hold your left higher, don't let his jab come over yours.
2) Don't worry about his speed or being faster. Circle ring center, time his jump in and the second you see him coming fire a left lead straight down the pipe. I dont care if you miss or hit gloves, just fire it right away. Rinse and repeat.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Diego408 wrote:Dawson has no fans, so no one really cares.

I'm a fan. He was drained and had no legs like Oscar vs Pac. But Bad Chadd will go back to 175 and do his thing
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:58 pm

jz_hova wrote:

I'm a fan. He was drained and had no legs like Oscar vs Pac. But Bad Chadd will go back to 175 and do his thing
What up Hova?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:48 pm

nano212 wrote:I guess the "hate" for Ortiz was bigger because he actually has a real fan base that cared about him and also the fact that he is a Latin fighter?

That and Ortiz has actually put on some very entertaining fights.

I think the timing is right for Ortiz vs. Berto II. While we're at it, Khan vs. Peterson II.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:37 am

jz_hova wrote:

dawson said that he walks around at 178. if that true, then thats really nothing when it comes to cutting weight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

What up Hova?
What's up sooner. Man you were right on saying that this was going to be a one sided fight lol
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 am

No hate for Dawson quitting? Dawson hasn't been impressive in some time. I expected a one sided fight in favor of Ward. I also think Dawson has psychological problems, so I wasn't surprised when he said, "No Mas."

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 am

powerpuncher wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

dawson said that he walks around at 178. if that true, then thats really nothing when it comes to cutting weight.

It looked like he cut some muscle but he lost and lost badley. It don't look as if even at 175 he can match Wards speed but Chad would lose a wide UD at 175 not TKO
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am

I picked Chad to win, I thought he'd perform FAR better, obviously that didn't happen, and he got his a $ $ handed to him. Props to Ward though and a great performance.

But we all know that it has always been Chad's mental make-up that has been his biggest question mark. I just thought that maybe the good Chad would show up and prove people wrong.

But he did quit, no question about that. IMO...he should have at least finished the fight...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 am

i just watched the fight on hbo on demand so i can comment now because of that..first i agree with all that said chads mental strenth is weak.to thoses that said he lacked heart or his heart was beaton after the first knockdown or said his heart was always questionable are totaly correct.
his facial expressions the past 4 or more rounds showed no spirt no determination no will and a fading heart ready to quit at the right moment.
he indeed was losing the fight by a huge margin.yes he was taking a beating but not a brutal beating.far from it.he got knocked down a third time got up fast eyes were clear legs steady.no where a visabilty hurt guy that was defenceless.he fucking quit.
yes he had no chance to win a descion but certainly a chance to win the fight.ive seen too many fights were guys well behind and taking a real beating pull it out via ko.thats because heart will determination are inbread in that type of fighter.dawson lacks all those qualites.
first to win a fight you got to throw punches.dawson did not.he was inept not because of ward but because he litterly didnt try after 3 rounds.i could not believe for a so called world class fighter doesnt know how to clinch at all.he made no effort to win after 3 rounds because all you guys are correct.a weak mental fighter that has no will.heart he proved he has none.
both gatti and ward in the 9th round in one of there fights took a far greater beating then dawson did for 10 rounds.
his corner pleaded with him for 2-3 rounds to dig down deep you need a ko.he just looked straight ahead with a blank look on his face that said im waiting for a chance to quit.im done mentaly.i cant do it.
there have been to many fighters over the years that have overcome turmoil far greater then dawson and won.they didnt buy quit you cant win excuse.neither will i.he most certainly warrants critisizm in that department.he got up clearheaded and said at least 4 times im done its over etc etc.sorry a inept uninspired heartless performance.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 pm

I don y u guys are surprised. Watch Dawson vs pascal, Dawson is not a fighter

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:28 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:I picked Chad to win, I thought he'd perform FAR better, obviously that didn't happen, and he got his a $ $ handed to him. Props to Ward though and a great performance.

But we all know that it has always been Chad's mental make-up that has been his biggest question mark. I just thought that maybe the good Chad would show up and prove people wrong.

But he did quit, no question about that. IMO...he should have at least finished the fight...
LOL hill you can write ass on here. See ass, fuck, douche, try it its fun Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:30 pm

jz_hova wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

What up Hova?
What's up sooner. Man you were right on saying that this was going to be a one sided fight lol
Yeah poor Chad just doesnt have the mental game. He has everything else.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:40 pm

i do understand that dawson is mentally weak and doesnt have heart, but he has been hurt and knocked down in his career and still won fights. i guess im just stating the fact that ward is the only person to really make him totally fold. even in the pascal fight, dawson started throwing and landing before the fight was stopped. i think that after he found out that he was fighting someone that was just beating him to the punch every time, he quit.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 pm

LOL hill you can write ass on here. See ass, fuck, douche, try it its fun

I do forget that on here sometimes lol. Other forums I post on you can't write "bad" words, just a habit of trying to get around them lol...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:21 am

dbudge wrote:I don y u guys are surprised. Watch Dawson vs pascal, Dawson is not a fighter

That was the fight that weighed into my prediction of a Ward domination the most from the Chad side. I also though of the first Johnson fight and even the very short first Hopkins fight. Losing to an inferior boxer with poor stamina in Pascal is unforgivable for someone with Chad's physical gifts. He gave away that fight. Pascal didn't hurt him and wasn't active enough to keep a determined fighter off of him. Chad started turning it on before the cut but that only left him with a chance to win by stoppage. The Johnson fight showed us how a mentally tough fighter could impress his will on Chad but Chad's talent won the day ever so slightly. I don't think I have ever seen a fighter freak out like he did after the Hopkins fight was stopped in his favor at the time. Any athlete should know you can't get too high or low emotionally and stay at the top of your game.

As for Ward, we've seen how he reacts to the mild bit of adversity he has had. He got cut against Miranda and still trounced him. He went toe to toe with Bika. Most people avoid that type of fight as much as possible against Sakio. He dominated the heavy favorite Kessler when most counted him out by questioning his inclusion in the tourney. He fought a mentally tough fighter in Froch and soundly beat him while fighting with a broken hand.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next