The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P Tony Scott

2 posters

Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty R.I.P Tony Scott

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:17 am

The legendary action director and brother of Sir Ridley Scott has committed suicide today at 68.

Tony made such movies as Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop II, The Last Boy Scout, Crimson Tide, True Romance, Enemy of The State and Man on Fire.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34930

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty Re: R.I.P Tony Scott

Post  Tobe Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 am

Terrible news. He and Ridley made some of the best action movies ever. Sad
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 am

God bless his soul. Tony Scott was a gifted director.

Though I'm shocked, I"m also confused. Why, after a lifetime of opportunity and a great body of work would he just decide to jump off of a bridge? Was he just bored with life? Was he Bi Polar? I don't get it at this point.

I don't smell a rat. This type of thing is rather common in the film business. Though, this time we're dealing with a seemingly mature man with no drug problem to speak of.

Of course, you can rationalize any situation if you try hard enough. I won't try and do that until I hear some other reports. Right now, I can't begin to understand this.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:08 pm

It's been discovered that Tony committed suicide after being diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Twitter tributes from Hollywood.
RealRonHoward Ron Howard No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day

ValEKilmer Val Kilmer RIP Tony. You were the kindest film director I ever worked for. You will be missed.

MMFlint Michael Moore True Romance. The scene with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper in a Detroit railyard is a classic. RIP Tony Scott.

edgarwright edgarwright I just woke up to hear about Tony Scott. Can't believe it. As I hope was evident in my work, I was big fan of his. Rest In Peace, sir.

ManMadeMoon Duncan Jones Just heard about Tony Scott news. Horrible... Tony was a truly lovely man who took me under his wing & ignited my passion to make films.

Rodriguez Robert Rodriguez Tony Scott. Damn. Great knowing you, buddy. Thanks for the inspiration, advice, encouragement, and the decades of great entertainment.

JRichardKelly Richard Kelly Collaborating with the great Tony Scott was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. My thoughts are with his family tonight.

carnojoe Joe Carnahan Tony Scott as a Director was Sui Generis. Tony Scott as a friend and a mentor was irreplaceable. Tone, wherever you are, I love you man. RIP

carnojoe Joe Carnahan Tony Scott as a Director was Sui Generis. Tony Scott as a friend and a mentor was irreplaceable. Tone, wherever you are, I love you man. RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down