The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed

+5
Freddie1437
dbudge
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed  Empty Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:40 am

@danrafaelespn Arum and @loudibella talked today about a possible Sergio Martinez-Miguel Cotto fight in March. Nice discussion. Nothing solid

@danrafaelespn By the way, IF Martinez-Cotto happend, Martinez would drop to 155 to defend his middlewt title. Win or lose, Cotto would keep his 154 title

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed  Empty Re: Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:42 am

@danrafaelespn Promoter @loudibella called to tell me something amazing: Sergio Martinez was back in the gym training today. I love that

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed  Empty Re: Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto has been discussed

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 am

Cool. Be a good fight. Cotto will get man-handled, but it might be a little competitive
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 am

Gotta love the fact Sergio is already back in the gym, glad he's not celebrating the Williams knockout too hard and gaining pounds.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 am

He knows he's got a very, very, short window to cash in. He's 35 and ain't getting any younger
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:08 am

Cotto could still make 147. Martinez was at 154 for a long time and basically has grown into a MW. Cotto would be giving up probably 5-6 pounds on fight night. Bad fight for cotto. I'd rather he take out Cheato and then if he wants to fight Martinez for a swan song then go for it. Martinez would destroy him with hard accurate punching.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:14 am

I wouldn't fault Cotto for taking the opportunity, it is a shot at the Middleweight crown after all.

If Cotto won surely that seal his HOF place right ?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 am

No it wouldn't.

If he won, it would be only legit championship he's won. Not HOF material

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:38 am

GrantZilla wrote:No it wouldn't.

No love for Miguel ?

He's a three weight title winner with wins over

Yuri Foreman, Joshua Clottey, Shane Mosley, Zab Judah, Carlos Quintana, Paulie Malignaggi, Ricardo Torres, DeMarcus Corley, Randall Bailey, Lovemore N'Dou and Carlos Maussa.

Only two loses so far were to Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito.

Sure it's not an ATG resume but it's solid none the less, Mosley is a future HOF and Zab might be.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 am

Dude, Cotto get's major props from me. I'm just realy anal on who should get in the HOF. I think standards of who get's in is a total joke to the point the HOF has become irrelivant and a joke.

It should be for the best of the best, you know? That's what a HOF is suppose to be.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:47 am

GrantZilla wrote:Dude, Cotto get's major props from me. I'm just realy anal on who should get in the HOF. I think standards of who get's in is a total joke to the point the HOF has become irrelivant and a joke.

It should be for the best of the best, you know? That's what a HOF is suppose to be.

I agree with you 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:51 am

To prove how anal I am about who should get in HOF, I wouldn't vote for Mayweather. No fucking way. Especialy if he ends his career never fighting Manny.

Too many guys he didn't fight that he could have to be HOF worthy.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:55 am

GrantZilla wrote:To prove how anal I am about who should get in HOF, I wouldn't vote for Mayweather. No fucking way. Especialy if he ends his career never fighting Manny.

Too many guys he didn't fight that he could have to be HOF worthy.

That's extreme, Mayweather has beaten quality fighters throughout his career and has won multiple lineal titles.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 am

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:No it wouldn't.

No love for Miguel ?

He's a three weight title winner with wins over

Yuri Foreman, Joshua Clottey, Shane Mosley, Zab Judah, Carlos Quintana, Paulie Malignaggi, Ricardo Torres, DeMarcus Corley, Randall Bailey, Lovemore N'Dou and Carlos Maussa.

Only two loses so far were to Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito.

Sure it's not an ATG resume but it's solid none the less, Mosley is a future HOF and Zab might be.

He has fought better competition than all but a few guys in the entire sport. He is to be commended by how he has handled his career.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 am

I think Sergio is too big for Cotto. Maybe Manny sees some vulnerability in Martinez. He didn't seem to keen on the KO saying that PW was fighting perfectly when the KO came FOUR minutes into the fight!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:05 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:I think Sergio is too big for Cotto. Maybe Manny sees some vulnerability in Martinez. He didn't seem to keen on the KO saying that PW was fighting perfectly when the KO came FOUR minutes into the fight!!!

Yeah I made a thread about Manny's reaction after the knockout.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I think Sergio is too big for Cotto. Maybe Manny sees some vulnerability in Martinez. He didn't seem to keen on the KO saying that PW was fighting perfectly when the KO came FOUR minutes into the fight!!!

And that's what makes you better than me. You like to point that out quite a bit.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:08 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

And that's what makes you better than me. You like to point that out quite a bit.

Settle down Laughing I was just baffled by his reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I've accepted your superiority. Im settled.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:15 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Kneel before me oh groomed peasant !

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:18 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Kneel before me oh groomed peasant !

Is my chest hair that pathetic that you really think I wax it? Lol
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:01 am

YES PLEASE!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:50 am

I love Cotto, he's a warrior, but this fight is tough for him, Sergio is strong and accurate and I think he'll take it to Cotto!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 am

i actually think that Cotto stands a more than good chance of beating Martinez. i think Martinez's mobility might be too much but Cotto is no slouch either. Cotto cuts the ring off well and has good defensive skills. he is also a much more accurate puncher than Williams and probably hits harder. it's crazy to think how his fortunes have changed though since the Margarito loss, he looked like he was set for greatness before that fight, it's funny how everything works out when you have to think that Cotto goes into this fight as the underdog

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Maravilla by KO if this happens

Big event and fight for Giants Stadium
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next