The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somebody better record this sparring session when it happens

Go down

Somebody better record this sparring session when it happens Empty Somebody better record this sparring session when it happens

Post  Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:32 am

Robert Garcia’s Boxing Academy in Onxard, CA has become a hotbed for boxers as it houses some of boxing’s top names as well as good upcoming talent. The latest fighter to join Garcia’s stable is hard hitting Argentina native Marcos Maidana.

Many have wanted to see Maidana square off against one of Garcia’s most prized pupils Brandon Rios but that fight won’t be a possibility anymore as they are now both trained by the same trainer.

Rios was on the latest edition of BoxingScene’s official radio show The Boxing Lab and talked about the Marcos Maidana situation. When Rios was previously on the show, he said that he felt Marcos Maidana would be the fighter that would give him his war and he wanted that fight the most. Fast forward to today and Rios will still get to fight Maidana but it will be with bigger gloves and head gear.

“I haven’t sparred with him yet. I was supposed to spar with him when I was training for Mauricio [Herrera] but I hurt my arm and my elbow. I got hurt it in training so I had to pull out so that’s why I didn’t get to spar with him. But I’m back now and he went on vacation back to Argentina I think, I’m not too sure but he’ll be back in the gym. And when he gets back I’ll be there so we can duke it out. I can fight him still but in sparring. Not in the ring like I wanted to but we’ll be sparring partners together and it’s going to be great” said Rios.

Many fans were a bit disappointed when they realized a fight between these two would not be a possibility anymore. When Rios himself heard the news of Maidana coming to Onxard, it was bittersweet.

“You know it was disappointing because of the fact that I wanted the war. We can do it in sparring now but it’s not the same as in [actually] fighting. I was disappointed but then I was like whatever because it was a good that he came because he thought Robert could help him out better. So I’m happy for Robert. Robert’s name is getting big out there” Rios would tell The Boxing Lab.

“Robert [now] has two brawlers; he has boxers so he pretty much has everything. It’s going to be great for our team and it’s going to be great for Robert.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/rios-discusses-bittersweet-feelings-on-maidana-oxnard--55598

Back to top Go down

Somebody better record this sparring session when it happens Empty Re: Somebody better record this sparring session when it happens

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 pm

That will be some awesome sparring. I would bet money that Rios goes after Maidana and takes it further than just simple sparring.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down