The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Bundrage?

+4
jz_hova
powerpuncher
hillsicc303
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Canelo vs Bundrage?  Empty Canelo vs Bundrage?

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 am

BoxingScene.com has been advised by a source close to the situation that IBF champion Cornelius "K9" Bundrage (31-4, 18KOs) is a strong possibility to face undefeated WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs) on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

However, Bundrage has to take care of business on Saturday night when he defends his belt against his mandatory challenger, Cory Spinks. If a deal is indeed announced, Bundrage would become the fourth opponent named to face Alvarez. It is likely that Golden Boy Promotions will wait until after Bundrage-Spinks 2, which Showtime is televising, before formally announcing a potential deal.

Showtime pay-per-view is still scheduled to carry Canelo's return, although there has been talk of Golden Boy hoping to place Canelo's fight on CBS.

http://tinyurl.com/7e5aaqm
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Bundrage?  Empty Re: Canelo vs Bundrage?

Post  hillsicc303 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 am

GBP is trying everything in their power to try to give Canelo a winnable fight.

Just Man-up and offer the fight to Cotto or Lara, and let's see what the 'Golden-Ginger Boy' is made of...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:35 am

hillsicc303 wrote:GBP is trying everything in their power to try to give Canelo a winnable fight.

Just Man-up and offer the fight to Cotto or Lara, and let's see what the 'Golden-Ginger Boy' is made of...
agreed. lara is the most logical opponent. bundrage is a terrible option. he isnt even good at all. i would rather see canelo fight trout.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:40 pm

K9 is a legit JMW I am fine with this. He'll make it entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 am

Ali wrote:K9 is a legit JMW I am fine with this. He'll make it entertaining.
im just not at all sold on him. i dont think he is even legit at all. if he even has a somewhat close fight with spinks, they should dismiss it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:16 am

I love how a guy with 18 fights and who is fighting Freddie hernandez is legit all of the sudden. when he bring nothing to the table, has beat no one in the top ten, and has 1 win in a year and a half

Then when Canelo brutalizes him you will say Lara was a nobody, and yes Canelo will beat him easlily

tell Lara to stop fighting people like hernandez and earn his shot
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:20 am

I love how a guy with 18 fights and who is fighting Freddie hernandez is legit all of the sudden. when he bring nothing to the table, has beat no one in the top ten, and has 1 win in a year and a half

Then when Canelo brutalizes him you will say Lara was a nobody, and yes Canelo will beat him easlily

I also love how a guy fights a blown up 140 pounder for a 154 pound title, fights a shot Cintron, Ryan Rhodes(lol), Alfonso Gomez(lol), a fossilized Baldi, and an ancient Shame Mosley, and now he's some great fighter.

This guy has 40 fights and hasn't fought ANYBODY WORTH A DAMN!!! The guy with 18 fights has fought far better guys(sigh).

Is there a guy out there more candy-coated than Canelo? If there is, I sure don't know him. And if he beats Lara so easily, then stop all of the cherry picking and fight him.

Lara will box Canelo's ears off. Lara fighting PW and Molina is FAR better than anybody Canelo has fought. Get real for a change...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 am

jz_hova wrote:I love how a guy with 18 fights and who is fighting Freddie hernandez is legit all of the sudden. when he bring nothing to the table, has beat no one in the top ten, and has 1 win in a year and a half

K9 is the IBF 154lb titleholder.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Ali wrote:
jz_hova wrote:I love how a guy with 18 fights and who is fighting Freddie hernandez is legit all of the sudden. when he bring nothing to the table, has beat no one in the top ten, and has 1 win in a year and a half

Which means absolutely nothing. He beat a shot Spinks 2 years ago. And he's going to beat him again. Dont praise K9 until he actually does something.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Which means absolutely nothing. He beat a shot Spinks 2 years ago. And he's going to beat him again. Dont praise K9 until he actually does something.

The only reason K9 hasn't done much is because he's been stuck with Don King.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:33 pm

K9 is almost 40 yrs old I believe.

as for lara he whipped paul williams ass.

the damn judges got their ass handed to them for that decision.

lara or molina are the fighters I would like to see. but GB isn't making either of those fights.

as for cotto, he isn't fighting again. He just doesn't fight often. that is how he is. He isn't fighting in september. I would love for him to prove me wrong!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:47 am

captainanddew wrote:K9 is almost 40 yrs old I believe.

lara or molina are the fighters I would like to see. but GB isn't making either of those fights.

as for cotto, he isn't fighting again. He just doesn't fight often. that is how he is. He isn't fighting in september. I would love for him to prove me wrong!!!!

you know captain, there is a reason behind a guy like Lara having less that 20 fights and almost 30 years old.
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 am

jz_hova wrote:
captainanddew wrote:K9 is almost 40 yrs old I believe.

you know captain, there is a reason behind a guy like Lara having less that 20 fights and almost 30 years old.

Yeah, communism.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Lara is a good puncher and has high boxing skills. If I was Golden boy I would never put him in with Canelo. They should try to get Lara in the mix with Chavez jr, Martinez, Golovkin, Pirog, Sturm and Geale. He's good enough to compete with the middleweights and win. I think Molina vs Canelo would be the perfect match up. Molina has no power but has good boxing skills to make it a competitive fight. Trout and K9 won't be able to hang.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down