The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years

+5
captainanddew
dbudge
Diego408
Frank
freakzilla
9 posters

Go down

Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years Empty Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years

Post  freakzilla Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:10 am

1. Kostya Tszyu
2. Roy Jones jr
3. Jeff Fenech
4. Mike Tyson
5. Lennox Lewis
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years Empty Re: Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:24 am

1. roberto duran2.arguello 3.pacquio4.camacho5.sergio martinez

Back to top Go down

Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years Empty Re: Your 5 favorite boxers of the past 30 years

Post  Frank Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:27 am

dmar5143 wrote:1. roberto duran2.arguello 3.pacquio4.camacho5.sergio martinez
Dmar, I'll admit I've had limited exposure to Sergio. If you say he's this good, I'll make it a point to watch all his fights. I thought the left hook was lucky, but I suspect you believe he has a lethal left that he's learned to use more effectively.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:32 am

frank the overhand left punch not left hook was not lucky..it was part of his fight plan and you clearly can see him setting it up and reacting in antisapation..he landed that punch 8 or 9 times in the first round alone....hes a good fighter no doubt..i have him as a favorite after the first williams fight cause of the way he conducts himself..sometimes a favorite of mine isnt based soley on abilty..its like years ago gasper ortega the long time welter contender was one of my many favorites...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:54 am

George Foreman
Nigel Benn
Naseem Hamed
Marco Antonio Barrera
Erik Morales

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:58 am

1. Juan Manuel Marquez
2. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr
3. Ricardo Lopez
4. Andre Ward
5. Sergio Martinez
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:01 am

dmar5143 wrote:frank the overhand left punch not left hook was not lucky..it was part of his fight plan and you clearly can see him setting it up and reacting in antisapation..he landed that punch 8 or 9 times in the first round alone....hes a good fighter no doubt..i have him as a favorite after the first williams fight cause of the way he conducts himself..sometimes a favorite of mine isnt based soley on abilty..its like years ago gasper ortega the long time welter contender was one of my many favorites...

he landed that punch a total of 12 times including the KO and it wasn't even late into the 2nd round. that punch displayed skill, timing and power. he was positioned to be where he wanted to be and where he wanted Williams head to be when he threw that punch. definitely a rehearsed move

the way Martinez came back against Pavlik, the first fight with Williams and the controversial loss to Cintron were all signs that he really is a high quality operator. His countering ability, stamina, ring generalship, speed are all attributes that you wouldn't expect to see from a 35 year old fighter pushing 50 fights. he has an entertaining style as well. i'm a big fan

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Hagler
Holmes
Arguello
Hearns
Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Juan Manuel Marquez-got the nod over Morales, MAB, Chavez Jr, Raffy marquez, and all other great mexicans. Not the best amongst that group, but darn it he is my favorite.
Pernell Whitaker-an absolute master at work
James Toney-buffet james toney. Amazing skill surpassed only by amazing appetite for all things non-boxing that are harmful to you (food, drink, cigars, lazyness)
Pacquaio-no need to say anything
Sergio Martinez-my wife's favorite, have to include him
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Definitly Marv Hagler. He embodied everything I love about the sport. Just a tough motherfucker that always come to fight. Not even a semi truck could knock The Hagler down
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:07 pm

1. Aaron Pryor
2. Roberto Duran
3. Roy Jones Jr.
4. Marvelous Marvin Hagler
5. Arturo Gatti
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Thomas Hearns
Pernel Whittaker
Miguel Cotto
Ricardo Lopez
Mike McCallum
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Alexis Arguello
Roberto Duran
Ricardo Lopez
Marvin Hagler
Matthew Saad Muhammad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Frank wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:1. roberto duran2.arguello 3.pacquio4.camacho5.sergio martinez
Dmar, I'll admit I've had limited exposure to Sergio. If you say he's this good, I'll make it a point to watch all his fights. I thought the left hook was lucky, but I suspect you believe he has a lethal left that he's learned to use more effectively.

1. It wasn't a left hook.
2. He landed that overhand left from a distance nine times in round one and twice more in round two before he landed the bomb. There was NOTHING lucky about that punch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 pm

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Roy Jones Jr.
3. Pernell Whitaker
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Mike Tyson

Honorable mentions: Hector Camacho and Tito Trinidad
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down