The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac-Man vs. Margarito

5 posters

Go down

Who will be the victor?

Pac-Man vs. Margarito I_vote_lcap82%Pac-Man vs. Margarito I_vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
Pac-Man vs. Margarito I_vote_lcap18%Pac-Man vs. Margarito I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Pac-Man vs. Margarito Empty Pac-Man vs. Margarito

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:07 am

Not sure how pointless this thread is but I'm posting it anyway. Just wanting to hear more about my favorite fighter on the board. Go ahead and submit your vote and post a comment or two. Smile

Last edited by CervezaExtra on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Pac-Man vs. Margarito Empty Re: Pac-Man vs. Margarito

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:10 am

I am really all over the place on this one. Just all over the place. I THINK Manny wins, but if he's not properly focused, lays on the ropes, if Maragrito is the guy who beat Cotto, if Manny doesn't have a good camp etc. Maragrito has a real chance.

There just isn't much margin for error I don't think.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:20 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:I am really all over the place on this one. Just all over the place. I THINK Manny wins, but if he's not properly focused, lays on the ropes, if Maragrito is the guy who beat Cotto, if Manny doesn't have a good camp etc. Maragrito has a real chance.

Really?
I haven't done much research on this one so I just figured it would be Manny hands down. All of his past fights that I've watched he didn't seem to struggle very much at all. So I figured he was just running through a list of "No Chancers".

CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:25 am

CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I am really all over the place on this one. Just all over the place. I THINK Manny wins, but if he's not properly focused, lays on the ropes, if Maragrito is the guy who beat Cotto, if Manny doesn't have a good camp etc. Maragrito has a real chance.

Really?
I haven't done much research on this one so I just figured it would be Manny hands down. All of his past fights that I've watched he didn't seem to struggle very much at all. So I figured he was just running through a list of "No Chancers".

Many agree with you. The thing is Maragrito is GIGANTIC. He's going to have a six inch height, five inch reach and maybe 15 pounds on fight night. He will DWARF Manny in the ring. If (and it's a big if) he can throw 80+ punches a round and can get Manny to the ropes? He specializes in the uppercut, a punch Cotto landed several times. He could be real trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

Many agree with you. The thing is Maragrito is GIGANTIC. He's going to have a six inch height, five inch reach and maybe 15 pounds on fight night. He will DWARF Manny in the ring. If (and it's a big if) he can throw 80+ punches a round and can get Manny to the ropes? He specializes in the uppercut, a punch Cotto landed several times. He could be real trouble.
He might have a 25lbs advantage on fight night.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

So all Pacquiao will have to do is be able to use the ring to get around him while staying away from the ropes, watch the uppercut, and wear him down then pick him apart?
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 am

CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

So all Pacquiao will have to do is be able to use the ring to get around him while staying away from the ropes, watch the uppercut, and wear him down then pick him apart?

Well yes. And all one has to do to finish the Ironman is swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and then run a marathon. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 am

CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

IMO Manny will outspeed the very slow Margo. Even if Manny is at half speed he can still out speed Margo. Manny will give Margo a ton of angles and use his combo of speed and power to wear his ass out. But hey I could be wrong.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:33 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

Well yes. And all one has to do to finish the Ironman is swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and then run a marathon. Smile

Endurance, endurance, endurance.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

IMO Manny will outspeed the very slow Margo. Even if Manny is at half speed he can still out speed Margo. Manny will give Margo a ton of angles and use his combo of speed and power to wear his ass out. But hey I could be wrong.

See that's what I was thinking would happen. I expect Manny to wear him down with all of the fast shots from different places. I just hope Manny doesn't get stuck on the ropes. I'm watching some video of the Margarito vs. Cotto fight. I see what you mean Marble.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:43 am

CervezaExtra wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

See that's what I was thinking would happen. I expect Manny to wear him down with all of the fast shots from different places. I just hope Manny doesn't get stuck on the ropes. I'm watching some video of the Margarito vs. Cotto fight. I see what you mean Marble.

Geebus christmas! Who TF is THAT in your new pic?

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

Really?

Geebus christmas! Who TF is THAT in your new pic?

A very very Beautiful girl sporting some awesome equipment. LOL
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:32 am

like marble im all over the place on this one..i voted for the upset.just a gut instint and margos body punches..im rooting for manny of course.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:43 am

Lots of questions in this one. I'm torn 'cause I don't really think Margo should be ALLOWED to fight period. A few years ago this was a total toss-up for me but given Plaster-Gate there's now the huge question of who Margo really is.

All else equal, Manny is #1/2 P4P for a reason. He should have too much speed, angles and volume punching to take out a big target like Margo.

One thing that concerns me here is cuts. Manny looked like he was through the meat-grinder against Clottey who barely moved his hands. I could see Margo cutting him up for sure.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 am

Don't overthink it, don't doubt Pacquiao.

Margo is who he is. I don't think he can defend against Pacman so he will be taking shots all night. I don't think he will be quick enough to hit Pacman when Pac decides to move. If he really is attempting to change his style for the biggest fight of his career like the reports I've read say, then he realizes what he did in the past (and what he might revert to if the going gets tough) would not beat Pac. That's not a good sign.

We're not even mentioning 3 important facts:
  1. Margo's ring rust - The last quality fighter he went against destroyed him. The last fight he had, he did not look that impressive.
  2. Is Margo the same fighter? - He's had a lot of mileage on him due to the way he fights. Is his chin the same? Also, he's getting older and has never been known for his technique so if his body betrays him he's done. Lastly, he's had to deal with a lot outside of the ring as well.
  3. Was Margo ever Margo? - I think he's a cheat. If that's the case he was never really that good to begin with.

Pacquiao and Freddie went after Margo because they saw a wounded animal.

Last edited by Gumby on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:36 am

Margo will make a fight out of it, but Pacquaio, will outbox, outspeed, and outwork Tony.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:04 pm

gumby the first two points are solid evidence to think about for reasons feeling this fight could be one sided.the third ill give him the benefit of the doubt..given that can he have a good last harrah..is he over the ring rust.is he punching not as wide but straighter..is he wipping himself into condition..if its yes to thoses 3 or 4 then i think mannys in for a rugged fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Gumby wrote:Don't overthink it, don't doubt Pacquiao.

Margo is who he is. I don't think he can defend against Pacman so he will be taking shots all night. I don't think he will be quick enough to hit Pacman when Pac decides to move. If he really is attempting to change his style for the biggest fight of his career like the reports I've read say, then he realizes what he did in the past (and what he might revert to if the going gets tough) would not beat Pac. That's not a good sign.

1. Margo's ring rust - The last quality fighter he went against destroyed him. The last fight he had, he did not look that impressive.
  2. Is Margo the same fighter? - He's had a lot of mileage on him due to the way he fights. Is his chin the same? Also, he's getting older and has never been known for his technique so if his body betrays him he's done. Lastly, he's had to deal with a lot outside of the ring as well.
  3. Was Margo ever Margo? - I think he's a cheat. If that's the case he was never really that good to begin with.

Nice post and hard to argue with much of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:04 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Gumby wrote:Don't overthink it, don't doubt Pacquiao.

Nice post and hard to argue with much of it.

Definitely. I am psyched for the next three weeks to hurry up and get over with. I will once again see a stadium full of 30,000-40,000 Philipinos at once. HAHA! By far the most asians I've seen together in my life. There are some harcore fans out there man.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Manny KO 8
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content