The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ?

+2
dmar5143
hardcorebee24
6 posters

Go down

Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ? Empty Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ?

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:46 am

Trainer Freddie Roach told Fightnews and Manila Bulletin on Saturday that conditioning coach Alex Ariza has left the training camp of Manny Pacquiao and is en route to the US to meet up with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Roach is in Baguio City, a mountain resort city 150 miles north of Manila, to help Pacquiao get ready for Tim Bradley for their June 8 slugfest at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. “I was supposed to be picked up by my driver at 10 am at The Manor Hotel to get to the gym but I had to take the taxi because my driver didn’t show up,” said Roach. When Roach finally got in touch with his driver, he was shocked to learn that he was in Manila after driving Ariza there to catch an evening flight to Los Angeles.

So Roach was left with no choice but to tap Marvin Somodio, a local trainer who has impressed Roach with his training methods. Roach said it was obvious that Ariza did not prioritize Pacquiao. “My priority is Manny Pacquiao,” said Roach. Ariza was reported to have said in his twitter account that he got the green light from Pacquiao himself to temporarily leave camp when they met Friday night and that they’ll reunite next month at the Wild Card.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ariza-leaves-pacquiaos-training-camp-113288

Back to top Go down

Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ? Empty Re: Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ?

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:17 am

Pacdivaio will lose to Timothy Bradley.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ? Empty Re: Ariza leaves Pac's camp, trouble in paradise ?

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Pacdivaio will lose to Timothy Bradley.

Pac shouldn't sleep on Timmy but I just have a hard time picturing him losing. Manny might struggle but I ultimately see him getting a stoppage.

Still might be worth putting a couple bucks on Timmy to cover my bottom.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:32 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Pacdivaio will lose to Timothy Bradley.
..i wasnt rul;ing that out before this happened.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:36 am

A couple of things stand out to me about Bradley that make me think he loses:
1-Abregu-an okay fighter at 147 (far from special), landed a few good right hands. They didn't drop Bradley, but I don't think he took the shots that well.
2-Holt dropped his ass at the beginning and end of the fight.

Bradley has good reflexes, speed, and decent boxing skills. But I don't think his defense is good enough to keep Pac from landing some clean power shots. When Pac does, I think he goes down.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:33 am

captainanddew wrote:A couple of things stand out to me about Bradley that make me think he loses:
1-Abregu-an okay fighter at 147 (far from special), landed a few good right hands. They didn't drop Bradley, but I don't think he took the shots that well.

Bradley has good reflexes, speed, and decent boxing skills. But I don't think his defense is good enough to keep Pac from landing some clean power shots. When Pac does, I think he goes down.

I honestly think that anyone who fights Manny that's at or near their prime right now has a really great chance of beating him. Roach and Manny are believing their own press and Manny has become larger than life and completely distracted. I also think the 3/4 years of fighting bigger slower men has not done him well, he has become bigger and slower himself. This fight will go down in infamy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:30 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:A couple of things stand out to me about Bradley that make me think he loses:

I honestly think that anyone who fights Manny that's at or near their prime right now has a really great chance of beating him. Roach and Manny are believing their own press and Manny has become larger than life and completely distracted. I also think the 3/4 years of fighting bigger slower men has not done him well, he has become bigger and slower himself. This fight will go down in infamy.
one huge factor that we are all forgetting is that no way pac loses a decision and bradley isnt a huge puncher. so i cant really see pac losing.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 pm

The sad thing is both Manny and Floyd will lose before they fight each other.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:The sad thing is both Manny and Floyd will lose before they fight each other.

Manny may lose in the next couple of fights. I don't see Floyd losing. Floyd will retire.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:The sad thing is both Manny and Floyd will lose before they fight each other.

Manny may lose in the next couple of fights. I don't see Floyd losing. Floyd will retire.

I really think Khan is going to end up getting Floyd at the right time.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Khan got stopped at 135, wobbled badly at 140. When he gets to 147 he is getting stopped again.

I hope I'm wrong as I like the lad.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Khan got stopped at 135, wobbled badly at 140. When he gets to 147 he is getting stopped again.

Khan's speed, volume and constant movement could make Floyd feel his age next year.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Khan's speed, volume and constant movement could make Floyd feel his age next year.

you are assuming that Khan gets by Peterson
I don't make that assumption. He has to earn it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

you are assuming that Khan gets by Peterson
I don't make that assumption. He has to earn it.

That fight is going to be another close controversial decision IMO I just see Khan getting the nod this time.

I've got money on Peterson so it's win win for me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm with Hardcore. At first I gave Bradley no shot. But Pac's last two performances against Mosley and especially JMM make me thing Pac is on the major decline.

Word is that Pac was not listening to Ariza in both of those fights. And why he came off flat and got "cramps."

To be honest, I give more credit to Ariza for Pac's success at the higher weights than The Roach. Now Pac The Diva thinks he doesn't have to listen to the man that built him into a competitor at the higher weight classes.

Without Ariza, don't be shocked oif Pac doesn't have the strength or pop in his punches that he did against Oscar, Hatton, and Cotto.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm with Hardcore. At first I gave Bradley no shot. But Pac's last two performances against Mosley and especially JMM make me thing Pac is on the major decline.

Word is that Pac was not listening to Ariza in both of those fights. And why he came off flat and got "cramps."

To be honest, I give more credit to Ariza for Pac's success at the higher weights than The Roach. Now Pac The Diva thinks he doesn't have to listen to the man that built him into a competitor at the higher weight classes.

Without Ariza, don't be shocked oif Pac doesn't have the strength or pop in his punches that he did against Oscar, Hatton, and Cotto.

Ariza isn't the man who has to do the business in the squared circle at the end of the day. Pac will beat Bradley legitimately. Bradley will come forward to fight, Pac will meet him there and be superior.... Personal prediction

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 am

There seems to be a rift building in Manny Pacquiao's training camp. A few days ago, strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza left Pacquiao's camp in the Philippines to help prepare middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. for his upcoming fight with Andy Lee on June 16th.

Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, is upset with Ariza's decision to depart, as the rest of the team continues to work for the June 9th defense against Timothy Bradley. Roach and Ariza were also training junior welterweight Amir Khan for his scheduled rematch against WBA/IBF champion Lamont Peterson on May 19th.

“He’s not a pro,” Roach said on Philboxing.com. “What Alex had done is very unprofessional. He signed a contract to do a job and he practically rescinded that deal unilaterally. How can he do that?.Worse, he made the decision because of money. That to me is unacceptable.”

For the remainder of their training camp in the Philippines, Roach replaced Ariza with local conditioning coach Marvin Somodio.

Ariza told ABS-CBN that he received permission from Pacquiao and Khan to leave early. He plans to reunite with the fighters in early May when they arrive to Los Angeles to train at the Wild Card Gym.

"Not only does Manny know my situation, Amir [Khan] knows our situation. Julio knows the situation and knows that I'll be back in time to start training with him," he said.

Pacquiao denies that he has issues with Ariza and confirmed their conversation regarding his early departure, but refused to give confirmation on whether or not the popular conditioner will remain with the team. Roach says the decision is fully in Pacquiao's court.

“Well, we know how kind hearted a man Manny is. It’s up to him whether to accept Alex anew. It makes no difference to me. If he’s back, I can still work with him. If not, we’ll have to move on,” Roach said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-says-ariza-not-pro-unprofessional-leaving--52126

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

“Well, we know how kind hearted a man Manny is. It’s up to him whether to accept Alex anew. It makes no difference to me. If he’s back, I can still work with him. If not, we’ll have to move on,”

This is way to articulate for Roach. I don't believe a lot of these reports.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:47 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
“Well, we know how kind hearted a man Manny is. It’s up to him whether to accept Alex anew. It makes no difference to me. If he’s back, I can still work with him. If not, we’ll have to move on,”

that obviously can't be Roach. The truth has already been revealed to Roach. Pac is not a man. He is a God!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:04 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

You are correct. The Roach didn't say that. We all know how The Roach talks. Roach's quotes were put out likely by TR's public relations people.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down