The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NFL Draft

5 posters

Go down

The NFL Draft Empty The NFL Draft

Post  Diego408 Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Will be on a week from now. Hows your favorite prospect? diamond in the rough? bust? and who do you want your favorite team to draft?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

The NFL Draft Empty Re: The NFL Draft

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

as a 34 yr redskin fan who dumped them last August, I hope they don't screw RGIII up.

Only team I've ever been a fan of that I decided I'd had enough. And it wasn't the mediocre record from year to year (I'm a Cubs fan, losing is acceptable). It was Dan Snyder. He is a jackass and i can't support any team he owns.

As a Steelers fan for the past 9 months i hope we go defensive line in the first round.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:37 pm

I actually think RGIII might be Succesful in a few years. They just need a good supporting cast and they tried to do that this off season by overpaying everyone lol however losing all those draft picks will harm them. The steelers might be on The decline tho.

I'm hoping C/G Peter Knoz drops to the 49ers because he'll fill a need and is a very safe pick, but I like the idea of drafting TE Coby Fleener. A double TE set would be pretty nasty with him and Davis because they're faster than all Linebacks and most Defensive Backs. Knoz and Fleener are the best players that can be an immediate impact for prospects available at the 30th pick. The signing of Moss was to set an idea of a possible deep threat on offense, but Smith is horrible throwing the deep ball. Moss will not be a factor next year unless Kapernaek plays under center.

I've been a 49er fan all my life, I just can't see my self ever rooting for someone else. I'm actually glad theyre moving to Santa Clara, it's a lot closer to home. I'll be out of college by the time they finish that billion dollar stadium. My goal is to go to that opening game in their new Stadium.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm still furious at the Jets for bringing in Te-blow. Woody Johnson saw how much money Linsanity brought in the Knicks and is hoping it does the same for them. They really need help on the line and could use some more front 7 help.

Mohammad Sanu (WR, Rutgers) is from my high school, so i'll be rooting for him. He's likely to go at the beginning of the second round, maybe end of the first.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I'm still furious at the Jets for bringing in Te-blow. Woody Johnson saw how much money Linsanity brought in the Knicks and is hoping it does the same for them. They really need help on the line and could use some more front 7 help.

Mohammad Sanu (WR, Rutgers) is from my high school, so i'll be rooting for him. He's likely to go at the beginning of the second round, maybe end of the first.

Tebow is going to be so divisive.
The fans are going to call for him. This will bother Sanchez other guys in the lockeroom.

The reporters are going to ask so many questions about Tebow. This will not make many in the lockeroom happy. You are a 6 or 7 yr veteran defensive player. You already know that reporters pay much more attention to offensive players. Now, you have to deal with reporters fawning over a backup QB. That isn't going to sit well.

It makes no sense. They gave Sanchez an extension which was meant to be a sign of confidence (a signal to Sanchez and the rest of the team) and then they sign a backup QB who will have fans and media wanting him to play (the exact opposite sign). BAD BAD MOVE.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Ryan Tannahill is so overrated. That's a 3rd round pick QB. Miami should just invest in the best player available with pick 8, and just try to get Matt Barkley next year if they suck again this year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 am

This year's draft doesn't mean a lot for my Raiders since we gave up are # 1 pick. We won't get a pick until Friday night at No 95. You're not getting a impact player at that spot.

So hopefully they'll just fill holes with this draft. Nothing sexy, but it needs to be done.

Biggest thing Raiders need and have needed for years is a big run stopper. Raiders have been one worst teams at stopping the run.

So by luck if they are still there for our third pick should be Jonathan Massaquoi(Troy) or Josh Chapman(Alabama)
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:06 am

Looks like My 9ers drafted a Slot WR. I expect Manningham as Crabtree to start. Moss won't probably play much and just be used as a vertical threat. Ginn will be strictly a Returner. Kyle Williams looks to be cut, and it's well deserved. They still need to get a mauling Right Gaurd in The second round and possibly another OLB and DB in the later rounds.

Even tho people thought Bruce Irving was a stretch, a few teams wanted him The 1st. I'm surprised The Browns drafted Weeden. I believe more teams are moving up in the top 10 because rookie salaries have went down.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 am

Coples may be a good player, but I would have rather seen the Jets take a pass rushing linebacker.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Diego408 wrote:Ryan Tannahill is so overrated. That's a 3rd round pick QB. Miami should just invest in the best player available with pick 8, and just try to get Matt Barkley next year if they suck again this year.

Tannehill-

have you seen his wife???
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

was once a redskins fan (born and live in Virginia). I was a diehard skins fan for 34 yrs. Last July I dumped them. Burned all my Skins stuff. I could deal with losing (I'm a Cubs fan!!!!), but couldn't deal with Dan Snyder and the way the organization is run. Snyder is a cunt. The front office was a keystone cops outfit. How many moves can a team make in a 10 yr period that cause almost everyone to think, "Damn that was fucking dumb"!!!!

And the Skins kept it up. Taking Cousins when they did. So fucking dumb.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 pm

Redskins are a cursed Franchise under Snyder. I actually like how the colts and rams drafted.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri May 11, 2012 2:10 pm

I was just happy to see two of my Notre Dame guys go in the 1st round Very Happy

Mike Floyd is the real deal, he'll fit well in Arizona. I really like Harrison Smith too - smart kid and a leader on field at Safety; doesn't make many mistakes. Not sure that he was a true first rounder from an athletic perspective, but he did have a good combine. Vikings could sure use the help anyway!
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down