The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dibella being a loudmouth dumbass

+6
Freddie1437
dbudge
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dibella being a loudmouth dumbass Empty Dibella being a loudmouth dumbass

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:38 am

from virusscene: Lou DiBella, promoter for Martinez, views the fight as a serious mismatch.

"Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., supposedly, is Sergio's mandatory? I would get arrested if I promoted that fight with Chavez. That would be murder," DiBella said.

----------------------------------------

so let's see: so far in the media Lou has eliminated Showtime as being a viable bidder for Martinez' future fights, and has bad mouthed Pirog, and now Chavez Jr as future potential opponents.

Way to go Lou. Brilliant promotional strategy, keep burning bridges for your fighter who already has limited viable options.

Seriously, what is Dibella thinking?

Back to top Go down

Dibella being a loudmouth dumbass Empty Re: Dibella being a loudmouth dumbass

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:12 am

Canvas wrote:from virusscene: Lou DiBella, promoter for Martinez, views the fight as a serious mismatch.

"Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., supposedly, is Sergio's mandatory? I would get arrested if I promoted that fight with Chavez. That would be murder," DiBella said.

----------------------------------------

so let's see: so far in the media Lou has eliminated Showtime as being a viable bidder for Martinez' future fights, and has bad mouthed Pirog, and now Chavez Jr as future potential opponents.

Way to go Lou. Brilliant promotional strategy, keep burning bridges for your fighter who already has limited viable options.

Seriously, what is Dibella thinking?

I'm thinking why doesn't one of us have 10 million dollars so we can start and run a promotional company that could actually promote and do sane things.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:27 am

To add to his incompetence, I'm pretty sure an article came out the other day announcing Zbik as his mandatory. If he doesn't even know the right mandatory, he is not going to end up doing well for Sergio.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 am

I'm failing to see the problem of his comments. Chaveaz Jr is a over-protected bum that has not even beaten a B level opponent. We all know he's a very limited fighter.

Martinez would take him apart. It'd be a horrible mismatch.

BTW, it was probably Martinez that demanded to fight only HBO since they pay the most and he feels he's earned it, which he has.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:05 am

I think he's thinking that his guy should fight the best competition possible. Lou got Paulie on HBO way more times than he deserved and made him wealthy and a star, he'll do well for Sergio. Shit he had him on HBO three times in a calandar year and now has him making seven figure paydays.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:53 am

I actually don't disagree with Lou on this one, Martinez would smack Chavez Jr around like a pimp treats his hoes.

However the Williams knockout is making Lou turn into a pompous prick, it wasn't that long ago where he was complaining about the state of boxing, but now all of a sudden he's too high up to make an entertaining fight between Martinez and Pirog.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

+1 Ali.

Lou is now becoming the problem. It's hard for people to stay humble these days.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:I'm failing to see the problem of his comments. Chaveaz Jr is a over-protected bum that has not even beaten a B level opponent. We all know he's a very limited fighter.

Martinez would take him apart. It'd be a horrible mismatch.

BTW, it was probably Martinez that demanded to fight only HBO since they pay the most and he feels he's earned it, which he has.

i'm with Grant. DiBella speaks the truth about the sport, even when he is being brutally honest. It's wrong that bums like Chavez Jr get promoted as stars when he is nothing but a protected son of a legend

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Gotta love DiBella, the guy speaks his mind and doesn't care who's feelings he hurts. He speaks the truth though, Sergio would beat the dog shit out of Chavez.
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Ali wrote:I actually don't disagree with Lou on this one, Martinez would smack Chavez Jr around like a pimp treats his hoes.

However the Williams knockout is making Lou turn into a pompous prick, it wasn't that long ago where he was complaining about the state of boxing, but now all of a sudden he's too high up to make an entertaining fight between Martinez and Pirog.
No comment on Lou except that he lacks class. I saw that during the Khan-Paulie weigh in.

As far as Sergio Martinez goes, my guess is that if he fought Paul W. 3 more times, they would all go the distance. That's my guess. Does Sergio have a devastating left hook that can land at anytime or was this similar to the punch Michael Nunn landed on Sumbu Kalambay? Honest question as I haven't seen enough of Sergio to call this one. Nunn was no dynamite puncher. I'm certain of that.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Ali wrote:I actually don't disagree with Lou on this one, Martinez would smack Chavez Jr around like a pimp treats his hoes.

+1

He's doing the same thing he was bitching about all this year

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:04 pm

You all fail to see the point. It has nothing to do with Lou "telling it like it is" or what Lou has done for Sergio up to this point. It's about his fiduciary duty to act in Martinez' best interests.

The promoter should be looking to expand his fighters options, not narrow them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Comon guys, even if Lou could make the fight, Arum would refuse it. The only person that believe Chavez Jr has an actual shot at winning this is Chavez Jr himself. Arum doesnt put his cash cows in the way of trouble unless theyre fighters from his own stable. Pirog is too good for the little money he puts on the table. Sturm wont even step up to his madatory Golovkin (whos a beast BTW), so he'll never fight Martinez anyways. HBO will dictate Martinezes next opoonent, not Lou.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Diego408 wrote:Comon guys, even if Lou could make the fight, Arum would refuse it. The only person that believe Chavez Jr has an actual shot at winning this is Chavez Jr himself. Arum doesnt put his cash cows in the way of trouble unless theyre fighters from his own stable. Pirog is too good for the little money he puts on the table. Sturm wont even step up to his madatory Golovkin (whos a beast BTW), so he'll never fight Martinez anyways. HBO will dictate Martinezes next opoonent, not Lou.

Exactly.

And I'm sorry, but some you guys are talking from both sides. You bitch about fights like Haye vs Fraudley, yet you are complianing that a promoter is turning down what be an easy pay day but horrible mismatch for his fighter?

Martinez vs Jr would end up the same as Calzaghe vs BumFredo Jr. It would do nothing to boost Martinez's status, and he could easily look bad for such a terrible match-up, same way David Gaye is taking heat now for the Fraudley fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 pm

I really don't see the comparison between Haye and Martinez.

If there was a superstar in the middleweight division who made $10 million per fight and drew 50 000 fans, and that fighter offered Sergio a fight on a 50-50 equal split, I'm sure Martinez would take it in a heart beat.

There is no fight like that available for Martinez, therefore his promoter should hold his cards close to his chest and hear all offers before he closes doors on options.

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Lou is ANYTHING but a loudmouth dumbass. ANYTHING. The guys is a genuine NICE MAN, HONEST man, and GREAT promoter.
Lou is as good as they get, nobody out there even come close to his level of intergrity and honesty.

He called it like it is. The fight is a HUGE mis-match. Chavez Jr. is a step above BUM and several steps below world class.

Dibella MADE Sergio. you might not know this, but NOBODY wanted Sergio. No promoter was willing to invest any money in a fighter pushing 30 with no recongnizable names or significant wins on his record. Lou saw something nobody else did and MADE Sergio a star. He got him dates on HBO with fighters HBO loved, beat them, built Sergio up, and got him to where he is today. Calling the shots and looking for a big fight.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:59 am

^^^^So what ? I'm not disputing that he helped build Sergio up to the world stage or that he's a nice man. But let's get one thing straight, Sergio made Sergio, not Lou.

I have always applauded Lou's level of integrity. That changes nothing in the topic of this thread.

Dibella get's a bit loud and emotional at times and I feel he's been way to loose lipped in a few of his comments ruling out options for Martinez' next fight. To what purpose does it serve Sergio to slam the door on Showtime as a viable platform?

So now Sergio goes back to trying to line up a fight that HBO finds acceptable again, and possibly gets forced into a fight at less than stellar terms. And now Dibella has denegrated two possible opponents. So the options keep shrinking.

It's not like there is an obvious superfight to be made in the division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:33 am

boxinglawyer wrote: Lou is ANYTHING but a loudmouth dumbass. ANYTHING. The guys is a genuine NICE MAN, HONEST man, and GREAT promoter.
Lou is as good as they get, nobody out there even come close to his level of intergrity and honesty.

He called it like it is. The fight is a HUGE mis-match. Chavez Jr. is a step above BUM and several steps below world class.

Dibella MADE Sergio. you might not know this, but NOBODY wanted Sergio. No promoter was willing to invest any money in a fighter pushing 30 with no recongnizable names or significant wins on his record. Lou saw something nobody else did and MADE Sergio a star. He got him dates on HBO with fighters HBO loved, beat them, built Sergio up, and got him to where he is today. Calling the shots and looking for a big fight.

But you have to admit Lou does have the tendency to get carried away sometimes, and he was extremely loud after the Khan vs Malignaggi weigh-in Laughing

For a long time I've always respected Lou and praises his abilities, but this Martinez knockout is really going to his head.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:30 am

Ali wrote:But you have to admit Lou does have the tendency to get carried away sometimes, and he was extremely loud after the Khan vs Malignaggi weigh-in Laughing

For a long time I've always respected Lou and praises his abilities, but this Martinez knockout is really going to his head.

Ali, maybe you too busy swooning at Khan, but "Khan's Army" were being bunch disgusting human beings at that weigh in. They showed their class next day when many of them got busted for fighting and other disgracful behavior.

It was pure classless move by Golden Boy to have weigh-in mobbed by idiot Khan supporters.

As far as Martinez. Look, he's 35 years old, he wants to fight on HBO because they pay the most. Realisticaly, he's got maybe a year or two to cash in. You know damn Dibella knows this and Martinez is telling him this.

DiBella also knows Arum will never let Chavavez Jr step in the ring with Martinez. So maybe these insults will cause Jr to demand he fight Martinez against Arum's wishes. This shit happens in boxing.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:57 am

Lou acted properly at th Malignaggi Khan weigh in. The weigh in was supposed to be closed to fans and non media and Khan had an entourage there that violated what was protocol. Lou was protecting his fighter. Seems to me the only thing Lou's guilty of is caring too much for his guys. The other thing worth mentioning is that Sergio Martinez is the Middleweight champion of the world. In his last two fights he's knocked off the MAN in the division and defended against the number one contender in the division. He should be getting top dollar for fights.He's the recognized Ring champ and best Middleweight in the world. Why should the best fight for anything but the best paydays and competition? Lou is right on here.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:58 am

I am talking about Lou's reaction after the weigh-in, and Dan has said multiple times in his chats that Lou has quite the temper on him.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 am

Ali wrote:I am talking about Lou's reaction after the weigh-in, and Dan has said multiple times in his chats that Lou has quite the temper on him.

I fail to see the problem. They were being a bunch of classless dicks mobbing his fighter.

Seriously, if only more promoters actualy cared about their fighters as much. You think Oscar gives a fuck about his fighters? You think Arum does?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 am

Ali wrote:I am talking about Lou's reaction after the weigh-in, and Dan has said multiple times in his chats that Lou has quite the temper on him.

So what? Many great business men have tempers? He's an Italian Brooklynite, it comes with the territory. After the weigh in he was pissed off that the co promoter and the venue allowed their fighter to bring his friends and possibly jeopardize the welfare of his fighter. Ali, a fight broke out at the weigh in and Khqns people jumped in. What kind of reaction would have been appropriate in that instance?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:04 am

Yeah, I'm realy struggling to find out what exactly is the problem with DiBella.

What happened at weigh in was a sleazy move by Golden Boy to have Paulie get mobbed by a bunch idiot Khan fans and what was suppose to be a closed weigh in. In fact, been proven GB is ones that let those clowns in.

DiBella knew what was up
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:07 am

Jeez I never said there was a problem with Lou just that he can be a bit of a loud dramatic person at times.

santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next