The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell did he just say??

+3
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
Frank
7 posters

Go down

What the hell did he just say?? Empty What the hell did he just say??

Post  Frank Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 pm

The comments in this thread are based on an article I presented by another writer. I erased the article after reading it again, however the comments here are based on it.

Last edited by Frank on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

What the hell did he just say?? Empty Re: What the hell did he just say??

Post  powerpuncher Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 pm

he has said this many times before. i feel like this article is blowing this way out of proportion. mayweather is all about money. he wants to be the cash cow in boxing and is too prideful to give that up. i just feel that he doesnt really care about fighting pac. i believe him when he says that legacy dont pay the bills. he doesnt care about legacy at this point in his career. as long as he has money and his entourage he is fine.

i do truly believe that neither fighter really wants this fight though. its a huge risk to them. once one of the loses, its over.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm

The writer is a clueless hack. He needs to get his shit up to date before spewing out garbage.

Al Hayman no longer got a hold on HBO since Hershman took over. He's gone to Showtime. HBO, however, is not going to ditch Mayweather who brings in millions for them in PPV money and exposure.

Give me a break
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 pm

GrantZilla wrote:The writer is a clueless hack. He needs to get his shit up to date before spewing out garbage.

Al Hayman no longer got a hold on HBO since Hershman took over. He's gone to Showtime. HBO, however, is not going to ditch Mayweather who brings in millions for them in PPV money and exposure.

Give me a break
To be honest, this is why I write my own fucking articles. Every time I use another man's work as the theme of my thread, they get the facts wrong and I'm embarrassed all over the fucking place. Thanks for the correction Grant. If nobody objects, I'd like to erase this thread. That's only if nobody objects.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Naw, it's a good discussion.

I only post current news stories, not opinion pieces. Because there are only a few boxing writer's today who's opinion I'm remotly interested in.

Most boxing writers are hack bloggers that put out garbage, usualy consisting of Pac or Mayweather, to get their viewer meter up, because that's how they get paid.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 pm

the article is what it is. somebody who hates mayweather takes something he says and makes it sound like the worst thing in the world.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm

powerpuncher wrote:the article is what it is. somebody who hates mayweather takes something he says and makes it sound like the worst thing in the world.
The guy took a valid point that Mayweather is ducking Pac to an extent and went WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overboard with it. I am sure he did it so his article would get read. But the point the writer (who obviously is a Floyd hater to the fullest) was trying to make is that Floyd is full of shit. Like everyone didnt already know that. This article would be awesome for the ESPN boxing board it might cause a full blown riot over there. LOL Twisted Evil
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 pm

powerpuncher wrote:the article is what it is. somebody who hates mayweather takes something he says and makes it sound like the worst thing in the world.
...powerpuncher i totaly agree.first floyds not 46-0 like the author wrote.this article is extremly one sided for sure and i dont like floyd a bit..for a so called fraud he draws a ton of people to watch his fights.after the cotto and bradley fights theres no way pac will get 50-50 nor will he deserve it.
i think the oscar fight was a risk.both fighters and both camps avoided this fight.neither are afraid.so mr author advise hbo or showtime not to get involved in floyds fights.see how fast they tell you to go fuck yourself.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:38 pm

floyd had a chance to be a truly great fighter. Instead he became a great matchmaker.

If he had taken out guys like Margacheato (instead of Mosley doing so), Cotto (before he had taken 2 beatings), PW (instead of Martinez doing so), Mosley (before Mosley was long in the tooth), and beaten Pac, then we would be looking at an unbelievable resume.

But he didn't take on guys when they would have been toughest (Cotto, Mosley, and if he fights Pac, all 3 will have been past their primes to varying degrees). But he didn't take on guys that were dangerous stylistically (Margacheato chasing Floyd trying for that body if he ever caught him or PW just throwing punches in bunches like he did at 147).

He made a ton of money. And this is a business. So maybe I have asked too much. But I believe he could have handled his career a little differently, achieved all that was possible for him, and still had made a fuck ton of money.

Guess we will never know.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:50 am

Spot on Captain. Floyd is very much like RJJ in that respect. COULD have been one of the greatest to ever walk into the ring, but lacked the will, the pride, and the courage to find out if they actually WERE.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 am

boxinglawyer wrote: Spot on Captain. Floyd is very much like RJJ in that respect. COULD have been one of the greatest to ever walk into the ring, but lacked the will, the pride, and the courage to find out if they actually WERE.
...i lkke that saying.to find out if they actualy were.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:56 am

Hate to say it, but I honestly believe that MW is scared shitless of Pacquiao. The last time I saw something like this, a guy named Hugo Corro (Former MW champ) was running away from Marvin Hagler.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 am

Frank wrote:Hate to say it, but I honestly believe that MW is scared shitless of Pacquiao. The last time I saw something like this, a guy named Hugo Corro (Former MW champ) was running away from Marvin Hagler.
...lol frank i dont blame him at all..lol smart move.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:38 am

dmar5143 wrote:
Frank wrote:Hate to say it, but I honestly believe that MW is scared shitless of Pacquiao. The last time I saw something like this, a guy named Hugo Corro (Former MW champ) was running away from Marvin Hagler.
...lol frank i dont blame him at all..lol smart move.
Do you remember that, dmar? I was a little kid reading books like Boxing Illustrated and World Boxing when that was going on. Each time you read one of those mags, you'd see a muscular bald guy with his hands raised and he was being hailed as the uncrowned Middleweight Champ. As far as Corro is concerned, I honestly can't recall seeing one photo of him...ever.

Unfortunately, these days you can become a millionaire and attract a fan club by ducking an opponent. However, in the days when we had one champ per division, the cowardly champs were rather obvious.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:11 am

frank good point on the 1 champ per division.that made guys earn a real title shot most of the time and hagler sure did earn it.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm

dmar5143 wrote:frank good point on the 1 champ per division.that made guys earn a real title shot most of the time and hagler sure did earn it.

Haglers run to the title lasted longer and had more ranked and dangerous opponents on it than most fighters entire CAREERS do. Imagine how long he would have reigned if he had won the title when he was still young and in his prime, instead of ring-worn and on the decline.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down