The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE.

+2
GrantZilla
dmar5143
6 posters

Go down

THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE. Empty THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE.

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Will JCC jr fight Martinez next?
dmar5143 Today at 5:21 am

.first i cant believe a topic like this draws so much attention and that im adding to it.look chavez is in a weak division.the weakest in boxing history for middleweights.second.why are we paying so much attention to chavezs bogus title.they should strip him or he should fight his manditory etc etc.martinez is the real champ offering chavez a shot at the real title.to say they should strip him is acknologing the wbc belt as a real title.theres no getting around that.third hes ready.folks are confushing abilty with readiness..chavez has made improvements in his game but hes now maxed out his abilty.hes not going to be a joey archer and box with footwork.hes not going to be a walcott whos cleaver and a great counterpuncher.hes not going to be a fighter who masters feights and is slick in his attact.his fluidity isnt there.he is what he is..any further inprovement if any will be slight.hes developed to his max.
hes ready.dont confuse that with the abilty to win.hes ready in the weakest middle division in history.
finaly a gripe on my thoughts.this is a boxing forum but it lacks balance.we much rather talk about shit fighters like chavez or shit fights like tarvers next fight or paulie ms turn down of a fight then topics more worthy of disgussion.example powerpuncher started a series of great fighters that are rarely talked about.he stoped and i picked it up.i felt it was a excellent idea.i just talked about emille griffith and not a fucking comment.i gave a topic on latino fighters not a comment..
i realize that 99 percent of you were not even born when griff had his last fight.yes you may not know of the fighters abilty that he fought.thats no excuse not to learn about great fighters..after all outside of ring none of you were actualy born when ali won the title.75 percent of you were not born when ali had his last fight.but you talk ali ali ali.
thats why i think powerpuncher came up with a great topic.balance is needed on the forum i feel..as of late the past several weeks several topics have been bullshit lacking substance..sorry thats how i feel.this is not downgrading any of the fine folks here but there are ways to improve this forum..im going to copy this post and make it a seperate topic.i hope thats ok..
dmar5143

Favorite Fighters: marciano pep greb robinson martinez manny pac

.Page 3 of 3 • 1, 2, 3

dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE. Empty Re: THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE.

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:34 am

It's been the off-season of boxing. There's been few fights. I along with others just posting the current goings-on in the boxing world. Current news.

Bum Jr is being talked about because he just had a fight last Saturday.

Reason why it doesn't seem "balanced" is we are all hardcore boxing fans and we've all had these kind of discussions dozen times before. "P4P who is the hardest hitting boxer" and "IF boxer A met boxer B in their primes, who'd win."

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE. Empty Re: THE FORUM NEEDS A LITTLE SUBSTANCE.

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:42 am

i see.fantasy fights to me is nonsence. thats just me.chavez jr has been for months a on going topic and not just because he just had a fight sat night.because there is a lull in fights for a short while doesnt mean there should be a lull in substance .or immagination in topics.example.if folks just want to talk about todays fighters then why not take one and disguss his flaws his strong points his style.what he can do to improve or what hes done that surprizes you.ill stand by my post here grant but thanks for your thoughts.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:19 am

I'm with Grant here. Those of us who've been on these forums for years have all seen threads about virtually every old-time fighter out there, as well as breakdowns by weight class, nationality, defense, power, etc. It's pretty much been done.

Not that these guys aren't worth discussing, but personally I don't have anything else to add to a thread about Emilie Griffith, other than I saw that documentary 'Ring of Fire' about him that was pretty interesting. Didn't know he was gay (or bi or whatever he is).

Most of what's talked about here is current news, current fighters. When there is little activity in the current boxing world there's also little activity on this forum; just how it goes.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:26 pm

I do agree with you dmar even though I made the thread lol. I am guilty of not reading some threads. They blocked this site at my job and I have been busy lately so I have been skipping topics that would usually interest me.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:18 pm

I love reading the topics about old fighters but sadly have nothing to contribute. I wouldn't mind a good thread on which boxing books and/or old fights to see for me to brush up on boxing history.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 am

i did used to make those threads like you said dmar but there wasnt much contribution to them. thats why i stopped. haha.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum