The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chavez jr vs rubio

+8
dmar5143
Shaun
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
Diego408
Tobe
Rum Capital
powerpuncher
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

chavez jr vs rubio - Page 3 Empty Re: chavez jr vs rubio

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:45 am

Diego408 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:WHAT!?!?! did a judge actually give vasquez the fight?
I know right!? What fight was that dickhead watching? Donaire put a ugly look on his face when he heard that score.

Hauser rips the judge apart:

http://tinyurl.com/7yhlzcw
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:26 am

I sent an e-mail here: boxing@license.state.tx.us
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:27 am

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:29 am

Here is the history of all Ruben Garcia fights.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=401660&cat=judge
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 am

shaun good for you.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 am

powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:Didn't most of you guys think Rubio had a great chance in this one?
i know that some people said that but i never said it. i thought that rubio had a decent chance to win but i knew that he wasnt that great. his name got back into boxing because he beat lemuiex who was supposed to be a top prospect. that was probably his best win too. he hasnt beaten a single good fighter his whole career so its not like i was assuming that he would just win.

i did score the fight a draw but i had no problem with chavez winning. it was close and there was no robbery. zbik is the only decent fighter that chavez has faced and many people thought he lost that fight. his other best wins are against manfredo and duddy who were never good in the first place. so really, my main problem is that for calling himself the champion, he has faced terrible competition and does not deserve to be in the top 5 of the weight class until he beats at least one more top 10 guy which zbik is the only one he has fought.

That's my passive form of giving people crap Laughing I think Jr. is the fighter I disagree the greatest about from the average boxing fan. People say trinkets don't matter but want him to step up because he has one. He had no amateur career. We also trash fighters for not bringing in money but Jr. is a cash cow with a fan friendly style. I am fine with his level of opposition and think it would be a travesty to waste one of boxing's bigger attractions by serving him up to an aging Sergio.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:Didn't most of you guys think Rubio had a great chance in this one?
I actually did, but it's because I still thought Chavez sucked more than Rubio. The weight advantage was too much and that's why Rubio couldn't walk him down or over power Chavez. The way round 11 and 12 went, I figured that's was going to be the type of fight Rubio was going to make it for most of the fight. He was too late on making this fight hell for Chavez. Still I thought Rubio won 5 or 4 rounds. Chavez didn't exactly blow out Rubio like previous more talented middleweights did or how the HBO team made it sound. Chavez can't get any better than he is now, this is his peak. He does have what it takes to hang with any middleweight, but I don't think he'll beat the top guys. I actually think he'll make a War with Martinez. Chavezs' biggest flaw is his punching power and it will prevent him from being elite.

Chavez has impressed me, I didn't think he would ever get this far and as good as he is now. He went from bum to a decent contender.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 am

diego and ubeegs good points.i tend to agree somewhat.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm about to check the fight out now, but good stuff.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3