The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somebody help me out here.

+2
Tobe
Frank
6 posters

Go down

Somebody help me out here. Empty Somebody help me out here.

Post  Frank Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Ok, the G Men (Giants) are my hometown team, however the Packer receivers dropped 8 passes yesterday and I'm not even supposed to suspect this game was rigged??? I know the Giants were healthy and all but I'm having a really hard time believing what I saw was authentic. Maybe someone has a better, more detailed outlook and can explain why my suspicions are not necessary. I'm not being sarcastic here.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Somebody help me out here. Empty Re: Somebody help me out here.

Post  Tobe Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Frank wrote:Ok, the G Men (Giants) are my hometown team, however the Packer receivers dropped 8 passes yesterday and I'm not even supposed to suspect this game was rigged??? I know the Giants were healthy and all but I'm having a really hard time believing what I saw was authentic. Maybe someone has a better, more detailed outlook and can explain why my suspicions are not necessary. I'm not being sarcastic here.

The NFL is the flagship for pro sports in North America. It would take a hell of a lot to rig a game, and everyone involved has far too much to lose if they were to do it. People are getting paid - players, coaches, owners, networks, sponsors, hell even bookies with the way things are now. No need to rig anything.

Balls get dropped, games get lost. No more to it than that. As for why the Pack looked flat, I'd say it's more to do with a 2 week layoff and feeling the pressure than anything else. Giants had momentum, especially on defence, going into this one and they got the win. Not like Green Bay was a massive favorite and this was some huge upset or anything, they're pretty evenly matched.

Niners v. Giants should be a good one!
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:08 pm

frank droped passes lousy tackling missed open receivers for possible touchdowns is not fixed its just murphys law.mccarthy added to that murphy law by going for onside kick and forth down instead of punting.stale bread is stale bread.thats the pack sunday.a 8 n half point favorite in playoffs is a solid favorite.as a packer fan i feared the giants based on the last game they played and the momentum swing the giants had.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Tobe wrote:
Frank wrote:Ok, the G Men (Giants) are my hometown team, however the Packer receivers dropped 8 passes yesterday and I'm not even supposed to suspect this game was rigged??? I know the Giants were healthy and all but I'm having a really hard time believing what I saw was authentic. Maybe someone has a better, more detailed outlook and can explain why my suspicions are not necessary. I'm not being sarcastic here.

The NFL is the flagship for pro sports in North America. It would take a hell of a lot to rig a game, and everyone involved has far too much to lose if they were to do it. People are getting paid - players, coaches, owners, networks, sponsors, hell even bookies with the way things are now. No need to rig anything.

Balls get dropped, games get lost. No more to it than that. As for why the Pack looked flat, I'd say it's more to do with a 2 week layoff and feeling the pressure than anything else. Giants had momentum, especially on defence, going into this one and they got the win. Not like Green Bay was a massive favorite and this was some huge upset or anything, they're pretty evenly matched.

Niners v. Giants should be a good one!
Tobe, fixed or not, any high roller can slide a player a few hundred thousand dollars to drop a couple of balls or miss a field goal.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Frank wrote:Tobe, fixed or not, any high roller can slide a player a few hundred thousand dollars to drop a couple of balls or miss a field goal.

Couple of hundred thousand over another Super Bowl ring? Give me a break.

If there was any kind of bullshit going on, it was the officiating against the Giants. Not calling an obviouse Giants recovery of a fumble and the bullshit Roughing the Passer on 4th down.

Both bullshit lead to the Packers scoring. So basically the refs gave the Packers 14 points.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Frank wrote:Tobe, fixed or not, any high roller can slide a player a few hundred thousand dollars to drop a couple of balls or miss a field goal.

Couple of hundred thousand over another Super Bowl ring? Give me a break.

If there was any kind of bullshit going on, it was the officiating against the Giants. Not calling an obviouse Giants recovery of a fumble and the bullshit Roughing the Passer on 4th down.

Both bullshit lead to the Packers scoring. So basically the refs gave the Packers 14 points.

exactly. if anything, it was rigged to try to get the packers to win.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 pm

No doubt the officials favored the Packers. Listen, I'm not talking about a "Big Brother Conspiracy." I'm just saying a few rich thugs who grew up with some of these guys can easily slide them a significant amount of cash. The sight of cash has a way of changing things. Ask Don King.

Grant, I see what you're saying however I disagree. Your statement that an athlete would never take a significant amount of money over a Super Bowl ring is wrong "in my opinion." Why? Ok, let's say you're right and the game was authentic. Why did the Packer receivers drop 8 passes? The other explanation has to be that they were getting the shit knocked out of them and heard the footsteps of the "G Men" coming their way. Now, they wont take a hit from a 300 lb "G Man" for a SB appearance but they'll turn down a couple of hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash? Bullshit. Either the Green Bay receivers were bullied and frightened of the Giants or they took the dirty money. Either way, a Super Bowl appearance doesn't seem to be the most important item on their agenda. My take.

( I'm not saying this is absolutely correct. I'm saying this is how it looks to me at this point in time with the info I have. I also believe most if not all athletes in Basketball and Football are on steroids, however I have a stronger source of info for that opinion. Don't bother asking about the source. I'll never, ever tell. LOL)

I'll agree with dmar and Murphy's Law. The law of averages are simply amazing. You very well could be right, however at this point in time, the Packer - Giant game still looks a little strange to me.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I do not understand your kind of logic where when something looks strange to you the automatic assumption is there must be a scandal going on and players getting paid off.

I do not know if you played football before, but it is all about timing between QB and the receivers. There have been a high number of drop balls throughout the league do to the lockout and limited training.

The Packers have had a issue with drop balls. This was not something that just happened.

This is an article from October:

Dropping a pass in Green Bay is proving to be costly for Packers wide receivers.

Jason Wilde, a reporter for ESPN Wisconsin, learned this week that there's a penalty system in place for Packers wideouts who drop passes during games.

"If you drop a ball in our group, you have to buy the whole group a $100 Best Buy gift card," Jones told Wilde with a chuckle. "I've got Best Buy cards in my locker right now ... "I'm still waiting on Donald's," Jones said of veteran Donald Driver(notes).

Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin says the team has dropped 10 passes in the past two games which, in theory, would mean an exchange of $4,000 in gift cards. Over a 16-game season, that's $32,000. And seeing as how Jones hasn't hit peak dropping form yet (that tends to occur in the playoffs), that number could skyrocket. Excuse me while I call my broker to get some Best Buy stock.

"That's a trend that we honestly as coaches — we're not real smart — but it's safe to say when you have 10 drops in two weeks, that's a concern," Philbin told Wilde. "We have to get back to catching the football better.

http://tinyurl.com/7965c7m

Add on Green Bay had the Bye-Week which can cause some teams to show up unprepaired and with no momentum, which seemed to be the case for the Packers the same way it was for New England last year.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 am

Can't let it go, huh Grant?

I'll admit that my preseason SB pick was the GB Packers vs. the NE Pats. It's my same pick as last year. How the fuck would you feel if both your preseason picks were the number one seeds in their respective conferences... and then one of them was put out by a 9-7 football team. Fuck the Packers. I picked NE to go to the show before the season started. That ain't too bad. And no, I'm not eating any crow feet over this shit. Mad

Ok, now that I've gotten the Packer disappointment out of my system, I'm a little hesitant to pick a winner in the NFC Championship. The 9ers look good. Damn good. However, the G Men are hitting like madmen. I need some picks here. I put my neck on the line before the season started and made all kinds of predictions. Some of them sucked, but I did see the Ravens winning the AFC North over my lifelong fav, the Steelers. I was counting on a good Super Bowl prediction to justify making the pre season NFL prediction thread in the first place.

I'll stick my neck out once again and predict a rematch between the G Men and the Pats, this time ending in the Pats favor. Anyone care to make any predictions? They should come with final scores as well.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:01 am

frank dont feel bad your preseason predictions were very good.the game wasnt fixed but grants logic states the refs were obviously paid off.thats a direct quote.give me a break the refs were reached by gamblers yet not the players..no one was reached period..san fran 24 giants 21..pats 35 ravens 17..san fran 31 pats 27...hell dont bet on my predictions lol.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm

dmar5143 wrote:frank dont feel bad your preseason predictions were very good.the game wasnt fixed but grants logic states the refs were obviously paid off.thats a direct quote.give me a break the refs were reached by gamblers yet not the players..no one was reached period..san fran 24 giants 21..pats 35 ravens 17..san fran 31 pats 27...hell dont bet on my predictions lol.

That was a tongue firmly planted in cheek comment.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 am

Frank wrote:No doubt the officials favored the Packers. Listen, I'm not talking about a "Big Brother Conspiracy." I'm just saying a few rich thugs who grew up with some of these guys can easily slide them a significant amount of cash. The sight of cash has a way of changing things. Ask Don King.

The NFL guys ARE the rich thugs...

The game didn't look rigged. Poorly officiated, but that's it. The Giants just outplayed the Packers who never got in rhythm. I hate the Giants so I would gladly say if I thought they cheated.

Who exactly do you think might have thrown the game for the Packers? Jennings? Nelson? Grant?

I think you're paranoid, but maybe that's how Giants fans should be. That's how I picture them.

They have a real tough game this weekend. While their D-line might be the best group of pass rushers in the league, they're undersized. SF might be able to grind them out. And Eli is still turnover prone. If SF could confuse Brees they can definitely do the same to the Giants. Plus I respect their quiet confidence.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:21 am

i just dont even get how this game even made anyone think that it was rigged. even the best teams have bad games. its not like in basketball or baseball where you have to win a series. its why in college basketball its way easier for a not very good team to get far into the NCAA tournament than it is for an 8th seed in the NBA to beat a #1 seed in a series of 7. with just one game, flukes happen and the worse team wins. broncos beat steelers which were definitely a better team but you didnt say that was rigged.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm

I already admitted that I had sour grapes because I picked GB to win the SB for the 2nd time. I was right last year and wrong this year though I neither won or lost any money due to not being in Vegas at the time.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum