The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoffs

+2
GrantZilla
Gumby
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs

Post  Norm1023 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Ring wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:What's weird about The Pats is they haven't played a single team that ended the year with a winning record yet are going to the conference championship. I don't think that's ever happened.

2 x Miami 6-10
San Diego 8-8
2 x NY Jets 8-8
Oakland 8-8
Dallas 8-8
Kansas City 7-9
Philly 8-8
Indianapolis 2-14
Washington 5-11
2 x Denver 9-9
Buffalo 6-10

Interesting stat, so the Ravens will be the best team, based on their record (13-4), that the Pats have played all year. That's a little misleading though, if the Ravens play like they did against Houston last Sunday, I see the Pats taking care of business @ New England.

BTW, Denver ended up 8-9

9-9. 1-1 in the playoffs
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Norm1023 wrote:
Ring wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:What's weird about The Pats is they haven't played a single team that ended the year with a winning record yet are going to the conference championship. I don't think that's ever happened.

2 x Miami 6-10
San Diego 8-8
2 x NY Jets 8-8
Oakland 8-8
Dallas 8-8
Kansas City 7-9
Philly 8-8
Indianapolis 2-14
Washington 5-11
2 x Denver 9-9
Buffalo 6-10

Interesting stat, so the Ravens will be the best team, based on their record (13-4), that the Pats have played all year. That's a little misleading though, if the Ravens play like they did against Houston last Sunday, I see the Pats taking care of business @ New England.

BTW, Denver ended up 8-9

9-9. 1-1 in the playoffs

You are correct sir, i'd forgotten that Denver had won a playoff game. cool

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Gumby wrote:I like the Pats chances. They always do well when everyone's nervous...and everyone's real nervous right now.

I think the Ravens are tough, but stopping the Pats right now is unbelievably difficult. Welker, Hernandez, and Gronkowski. How do you stop any of those guys with one man?? And you can't double all 3. If you play zone, then Brady just eats you up 5-6 yards at a time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 am

captainanddew wrote:
Gumby wrote:I like the Pats chances. They always do well when everyone's nervous...and everyone's real nervous right now.

I think the Ravens are tough, but stopping the Pats right now is unbelievably difficult. Welker, Hernandez, and Gronkowski. How do you stop any of those guys with one man?? And you can't double all 3. If you play zone, then Brady just eats you up 5-6 yards at a time.
I expect them to run a lot of guys at Ed Reed early to test his ankle. Ocho might make an appearance as an early decoy. Then depending on how he looks, they'll start taking shots at him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2