The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Sportsmanship

Go down

NCAA Sportsmanship Empty NCAA Sportsmanship

Post  CervezaExtra Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:32 pm

So I was watching the games today. Im an Oklahoma State Cowboy fan and during that game I saw a few unsportsman-like conduct from Nebraska. When I say "Unsportsman-like" I dont mean a holding, pass interference, or facemask call. I mean blindsiding a player when the play is already pass you both of them by 20 yards. A Nebraska player blindsided one of our players when they were receiving a kickoff. The ball carrier was a good 25 yards pass them when it happened and the Nebraska player was psyched that he hit someone who thought that theere was no reason that he would be blocked because there was no way he could have impacted the play. Then as the Cowboy was taken off the field the Nebraska player that had hit him was laughing.

Im all for the big hits and everything but not for being a dick and laughing about it.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

NCAA Sportsmanship Empty Re: NCAA Sportsmanship

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:23 pm

100 years ago when I played, ANYTIME there was a chance for big hit you took it. Kickers, QB's on interceptions, receivers reaching for a high ball, crackback blocks etc.

The celebrating thing was out of bounds though. You wanted someone intimidated, not injured.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:100 years ago when I played, ANYTIME there was a chance for big hit you took it. Kickers, QB's on interceptions, receivers reaching for a high ball, crackback blocks etc.

The celebrating thing was out of bounds though. You wanted someone intimidated, not injured.

Yeah, like I said, I'm all for big hits but not if your laughing at the fact that the guy could possibly be injured. A great hit from NFL that I liked was Reggie Bushes warm welcome to the NFL. He took it like a champ though.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:36 am

CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:100 years ago when I played, ANYTIME there was a chance for big hit you took it. Kickers, QB's on interceptions, receivers reaching for a high ball, crackback blocks etc.

Yeah, like I said, I'm all for big hits but not if your laughing at the fact that the guy could possibly be injured. A great hit from NFL that I liked was Reggie Bushes warm welcome to the NFL. He took it like a champ though.

That's the other side of it. Taking hits like that and just getting up.

Here is a fascinating tidbit. My beloved NE Patriots have a position book. In the book the organization lays out the characteristics they want for the guy playing each position.

The number 1 characteristic for the QB? Size? Nope. Big Arm? Nope. Leadership? Nope.

The ability to take a big hit, get up, get back to the huddle and call the next play.

I remember being shocked when that was revealed.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:

That's the other side of it. Taking hits like that and just getting up.

Here is a fascinating tidbit. My beloved NE Patriots have a position book. In the book the organization lays out the characteristics they want for the guy playing each position.

The number 1 characteristic for the QB? Size? Nope. Big Arm? Nope. Leadership? Nope.

The ability to take a big hit, get up, get back to the huddle and call the next play.

I remember being shocked when that was revealed.

I'm no NE fan but that is pretty cool that that is the number one thing on there.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum