The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Week 8

5 posters

Go down

NFL Week 8 Empty NFL Week 8

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Great win for the Steelers against The Pats

How the fuck do the Saints lose to THE RAMS!!!!!

Denver got dealt with by The Lions. Tebag get's sacked 7 times! 18/39, 172 yards, 1TD, 1INT, 3 Fumbles and a passer rating of 56.8

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I realy do think Maimi is intentally doing the Suck For Luck. Not the players, but managment and the coordinators. Maimi continues to find ways to lose. And then have defensive players coming out saying they knew last week Tebow was going to run it in for the extra point, but the coordinator put them in the wrong formation and didn't use the run stoppers.

I just find it hard to beleive that any coordinators working in the NFL can continue to be this stupid.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

NFL Week 8 Empty Re: NFL Week 8

Post  Frank Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:27 am

GrantZilla wrote:Great win for the Steelers against The Pats

How the fuck do the Saints lose to THE RAMS!!!!!

Denver got dealt with by The Lions. Tebag get's sacked 7 times! 18/39, 172 yards, 1TD, 1INT, 3 Fumbles and a passer rating of 56.8

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I realy do think Maimi is intentally doing the Suck For Luck. Not the players, but managment and the coordinators. Maimi continues to find ways to lose. And then have defensive players coming out saying they knew last week Tebow was going to run it in for the extra point, but the coordinator put them in the wrong formation and didn't use the run stoppers.

I just find it hard to beleive that any coordinators working in the NFL can continue to be this stupid.
Grant, I must've gone to sleep and woke up in the Twilight Zone. My Steelers beat the Pats. Hell, I don't care if we go 6-10 for the rest of the season!

I very rarely have any sympathy for NFL players because I think they're over paid and lack the brains and commitment of yesterdays players. That said, I think Tim T. is getting a raw deal. Terry Bradshaw was known as one of the worst QBs in the league and took about 6 years to develop into the championship, HOF, QB he was meant to be. Peyton Manning, if my memory is correct, was 3-13 in his first year with the Colts. Even the great Joe Montana had a 4-12 season in his first year with the 9ers. I just can't understand how this guy is supposed to be Joe Namath in his first year. Hopefully, his coach and team believe in him and will give him a chance to develop, regardless of the over - publicized circus they're putting around him.

My opinion. Any team that loses intentionally to get one player is functioning on a very low intellectual level. That's just not the way it's done. Also, with free agency, agents are given freedom to be much savvier than they used to be. Luck may end up on an above 500 football team with just a little trickery and a few lawyers in the mix.

The Rams watched the "St Louis Cardinals" win the World Series. They were celebrating just like everyone else in St. Louis and just took their party to the field.

How about those Lions? One of the worst franchises in the history of sports is now a viable contender. In the words of the immortal Tony Montana, "Every dog has his day."

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Frank wrote:I very rarely have any sympathy for NFL players because I think they're over paid and lack the brains and commitment of yesterdays players. That said, I think Tim T. is getting a raw deal. Terry Bradshaw was known as one of the worst QBs in the league and took about 6 years to develop into the championship, HOF, QB he was meant to be. Peyton Manning, if my memory is correct, was 3-13 in his first year with the Colts. Even the great Joe Montana had a 4-12 season in his first year with the 9ers. I just can't understand how this guy is supposed to be Joe Namath in his first year. Hopefully, his coach and team believe in him and will give him a chance to develop, regardless of the over - publicized circus they're putting around him.

Montana had the 4th best passer rating in the NFL his rookie year at 88%. And that was a different game back then. It wasn't the pass friendly game today. The top QB rating that year was Ken Anderson at 98%. Manning's passer rating his rookie year was 78%. Tebow is at 50%!

Not about him making the usual rookie mistakes. Everthing about him behind center is wrong. And reason why he got sacked so much wasn't because of the line. No offensive line can hold defense back for as long as it takes for Tebow to figure out what the hell to do with the ball.

And it's only going to get worse for the kid. Defenses are going to go man defense and his ass, and be right up in his grill.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:46 pm

ive changed my thoughts on tebow which was with the right team he can do ok..his accuracy is awfull.his windup takes too long and he will get sacks and fumbles cause of it.he cannot read a pro defence at all..to play him under a set format at shotgun and a spread out offence will not fool teams for a complete game.
before the season began or after there first workouts it was announched that he was there third string quaterback but insiders noted talent wise and being ready in reality hes a forth string quaterback..
he can be used like many other players as a situation down player.32nd and short or third and short out of a wildcat formation with another QB in there.now the defense has to watch for several things.a snap to tebow he can run or option to pass or even do a fleeflicker to the other QB plus it frees up the other QB for a direct snap briefly free at least...tims big enough to learn tight end.in a 2 tight end situation hes capable of a big block or a catch for 3 to 5 yards and a run after the catch also adding 3 to 5 yards because of his power and determination..
there are too many good quaterbacks in the league plus a good pool coming up next year to alow tebow to go elsewhere and start and be competetive.
im rooting for the kid how can you not.hes realya decent guy and a good kid but hes not a QB.a football player yes.a situation down player yes.with success yes.a full time player.nope im sorry.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Not sure why the hate on Tebow. I guess ppl like their NFL players with manslaughter or rape charges. Is Tebow over hyped? Of course but not of that is his doing.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:37 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Not sure why the hate on Tebow. I guess ppl like their NFL players with manslaughter or rape charges. Is Tebow over hyped? Of course but not of that is his doing.

Besides Vick and Rapesburger, what other NFL QBs fit that? Have Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Brees, ect faced manslaughter and rape charges?

And no secret the best athletes aren't exactly the best human beings. Do you want Mother Teresa as your LB or Ray Lewis?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Not sure why the hate on Tebow. I guess ppl like their NFL players with manslaughter or rape charges. Is Tebow over hyped? Of course but not of that is his doing.

Besides Vick and Rapesburger, what other NFL QBs fit that? Have Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Brees, ect faced manslaughter and rape charges?

And no secret the best athletes aren't exactly the best human beings. Do you want Mother Teresa as your LB or Ray Lewis?

There aren't many QBs that fit that description but there are tons of players. I accept that the best athletes aren't going to be the best human beings but is it too much to ask that they aren't murders or rapists?

The hate from Tebow stems from the fact that he is not a NFL caliber qb, this is coming from a diehard Flordia fan. The guy is a good person and leaves his heart on the field, but his future in this league is at another position.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Point was, Tebow doesnt do anything for ppl to hate him. Did he come out and say he's going to be better than Elway, Unitas, and Montana? None of his hype is his doing.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:49 am

SlickMoney wrote:Point was, Tebow doesnt do anything for ppl to hate him. Did he come out and say he's going to be better than Elway, Unitas, and Montana? None of his hype is his doing.

Maybe not, but the critisism is justified in the fact he's an overhyped 3 string QB. Any QB that is playing as bad as he is with zero sign of improvement is going to get critisized.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down