The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT - Page 2 Empty Re: ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Gumby wrote:Roach worries about every fight and every aspect of every fight. That's why he's one of the best. It's if he wasn't worried that he should be worried.
Is there any doubt that Roach is the best trainer in the buisness.

Not for me.

I didn't know he was much of a trainer until Sooner showed me some of Pacquiao's early fights when all he did was throw the left. Its sick how much work Roach has done with Manny.

He used to throw the left and then there was no balance or footwork after that shot was completed. Freddie getting him to use the right hand and the improvement in the footwork and balance has been a thing of beauty.

Yeah, completely agree with you. Seeing him win those early fights with pure heart was an amazing thing to watch for me.

The guy who trained Roach when he was fighting was gentleman named Eddie Futch. One of THE great trainers in history. He trained fighters fo forty years and built guys like Don Jordan, Joe Frazier, Frankie Randall, Evander Holyfield and Alexis Arguello into champions. One of the 4-5 best trainers ever. Then he took Freddie under his belt as a trainer.
Marble does Roach have a person has taken under his belt? Also how about Steward and Atlas? What I am wondering is if they are the last of their breed.

It is the single scariest thing as I look forward in the sport. The Cus D'Amato line has Atlas who is already a part-timer and has no heir. Kevin Rooney is seemingly out of the biz. Angelo Dundee left no heir I know of. Manny Steward has no heir I know of. Al Silvani has an heir in Buddy McGirt. With Michael Moorer leaving the only guy I know of who could be an heir to Freddie Roach is the young, almost homelss guy who lives at the Wild Card. I forget his name.
That doesnt sound too good. Maybe some fighters will step up. Pac? Floyd? JMM? some of the big names have the money and probably the time. One guys I wish would train is Oscar. He has had just about every trainer in the buisness train him so he has to have a bunch of knowledge.

Training/teaching and being good at something are really, really different and distinct skill sets. BHOP, JMM, Oscar, Rafael etc all know a fair bit. No idea whether they can or have a desire to teach.

Back to top Go down

ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT - Page 2 Empty Re: ROACH WORRIED ABOUT MARGO FIGHT

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:02 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Gumby wrote:Roach worries about every fight and every aspect of every fight. That's why he's one of the best. It's if he wasn't worried that he should be worried.
Is there any doubt that Roach is the best trainer in the buisness.

Not for me.

I didn't know he was much of a trainer until Sooner showed me some of Pacquiao's early fights when all he did was throw the left. Its sick how much work Roach has done with Manny.

He used to throw the left and then there was no balance or footwork after that shot was completed. Freddie getting him to use the right hand and the improvement in the footwork and balance has been a thing of beauty.

Yeah, completely agree with you. Seeing him win those early fights with pure heart was an amazing thing to watch for me.

The guy who trained Roach when he was fighting was gentleman named Eddie Futch. One of THE great trainers in history. He trained fighters fo forty years and built guys like Don Jordan, Joe Frazier, Frankie Randall, Evander Holyfield and Alexis Arguello into champions. One of the 4-5 best trainers ever. Then he took Freddie under his belt as a trainer.
Marble does Roach have a person has taken under his belt? Also how about Steward and Atlas? What I am wondering is if they are the last of their breed.

It is the single scariest thing as I look forward in the sport. The Cus D'Amato line has Atlas who is already a part-timer and has no heir. Kevin Rooney is seemingly out of the biz. Angelo Dundee left no heir I know of. Manny Steward has no heir I know of. Al Silvani has an heir in Buddy McGirt. With Michael Moorer leaving the only guy I know of who could be an heir to Freddie Roach is the young, almost homelss guy who lives at the Wild Card. I forget his name.
That doesnt sound too good. Maybe some fighters will step up. Pac? Floyd? JMM? some of the big names have the money and probably the time. One guys I wish would train is Oscar. He has had just about every trainer in the buisness train him so he has to have a bunch of knowledge.

Training/teaching and being good at something are really, really different and distinct skill sets. BHOP, JMM, Oscar, Rafael etc all know a fair bit. No idea whether they can or have a desire to teach.
Very very true. Its like me I was a state qualifier in discus. I was never really that great but I am one of the top 3 coaches in the state right now. I have coached high school for one year and I already have a state champ. My girls went 1 and 5 in discus and I have the best freshman boy thrower in the state. All of my throwers I have coached from junior high on up. Its so much fun to take a kid and make them good and watch them win. Its more fun than when I was an athlete.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:02 pm

I don't think Oscar has the mentality and work ethic to be a trainer.

A lesser fighter who has made decent money, but needs to continue earning a living, will be hungrier.

Also, if you have decent skills, then you have to be a greater student of the game. An uber talented guy like Oscar doesn't normally make the greatest trainer.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 pm

captainanddew wrote:I don't think Oscar has the mentality and work ethic to be a trainer.

A lesser fighter who has made decent money, but needs to continue earning a living, will be hungrier.

Also, if you have decent skills, then you have to be a greater student of the game. An uber talented guy like Oscar doesn't normally make the greatest trainer.

I just really hope someone steps up.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:I don't think Oscar has the mentality and work ethic to be a trainer.

Like a Robert Garcia or a John David Jackson.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2