The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama

4 posters

Go down

I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama Empty I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

I know this doesnt mean much but both of their offensive outputs are not very high.

Alabama's current rank is 22 with 434 yards per game. Rank 21 with 37.7 points per game.

LSU's current rank is 60 with 366 yards per game. Rank 20 with 38.5 points per game.

Have they just been playing fantastic defenses or are their offenses just not as good as they were a year ago?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama Empty Re: I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama

Post  Gumby Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Are their rankings lower than last year? The SEC has always been dominated by defense. SEC teams usually only put up big numbers out of conference where they just have more athletes on the field and eventually wear teams out in the second half and start to run up the score. LSU and Alabama are especially defense oriented.

LSU's offense is probably better than last year (or will be eventually) and Alabama is worse because they lost Jones, Ingram, and McElroy who were studs in key positions.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama Empty Re: I just noticed something about LSU and Alabama

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Gumby wrote:Are their rankings lower than last year? The SEC has always been dominated by defense. SEC teams usually only put up big numbers out of conference where they just have more athletes on the field and eventually wear teams out in the second half and start to run up the score. LSU and Alabama are especially defense oriented.

LSU's offense is probably better than last year (or will be eventually) and Alabama is worse because they lost Jones, Ingram, and McElroy who were studs in key positions.
LSU's numbers were the most surprising to me. 60th in yards per game is not good. We will find out soon if that offense is any good when they play Alabama.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 am

they both do have solid offenses but just not the best. i think that it will be a low scoring game between the two but probably not that low of scoring. i would guess the final score will be lsu winning 24-17.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 pm

powerpuncher wrote:they both do have solid offenses but just not the best. i think that it will be a low scoring game between the two but probably not that low of scoring. i would guess the final score will be lsu winning 24-17.
I like bama in that game. I think their offense is better.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Why you can't go off stats like this in college football. SEC teams are playing against teams that a bulk of their players will be in the NFL.

Then got teams who might have one NFL third string player playing against total cupcakes, and their stats and records get padded.

No doubt if LSU and Bama were playing say Boise's schedule, their stats would be huge.

Case in and point. Look at Oregon Ducks. They were a huge offensive team until they went out of conference, especialy against the SEC. Look how Ohio, Bama, LSU shut their entire offense down.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:04 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:they both do have solid offenses but just not the best. i think that it will be a low scoring game between the two but probably not that low of scoring. i would guess the final score will be lsu winning 24-17.
I like bama in that game. I think their offense is better.
i agree but i think that lsu has a beastly defense that will stop that offense.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down