The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight For UFC or Strikeforce in December

Go down

Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight For UFC or Strikeforce in December Empty Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight For UFC or Strikeforce in December

Post  freakzilla Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/27/2451538/ufc-fabricio-werdum-wants-to-fight-in-december-doesnt-care-where-strikeforce-mma-news

Fabricio Werdum will soon be ready to return to the cage now that the ADCC's are over, and he doesn't seem to care where it's going to be. Werdum is coming off a loss in the quarter-finals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix to Alistair Overeem in June, and apparently knows what he needs to improve upon. He spoke to Sherdog about it:

"I still have some fights under my Strikeforce contract and I don’t know yet if my fight in December will be for them or for UFC," Werdum told Sherdog.com. "What I can say is that I learned a lot after the Overeem fight and I saw some things I needed to fix. I had a lot of strength and brutal power training, and I’m feeling much stronger. I'm sure I’ll have a great victory and I’ll dominate in 2012."

Werdum has been working with King's MMA in California, and has a lot of nice things to say about his camp:

"Can you imagine all the motivation from having these guys in the camp?" asked Werdum. "Shogun, Wanderlei, Munoz, Andre ‘Dida’ [Amado], Babalu, Jake Ellenberger... not to mention Rafael Cordeiro’s investments in expansion which made Kings MMA a great facility. With all those guys fighting so close to each other, I just can predict a great end of the year and an even better 2012."

It is not yet known who Werdum would possibly face if he did return in December, but you'd have to think it would be in Strikeforce considering they do have a big show planned for that month in San Diego.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down