The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a crap shoot NFL season

2 posters

Go down

This is a crap shoot NFL season Empty This is a crap shoot NFL season

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:46 am

Seriously, who are the good teams right now? Pats are hit and miss, Steelers are medicre, Cowboys are a joke, Giants are inconsistent and just got beat by joke Cowboys, Jets are average. Bears are medicre. Colts are hit and miss.

I have no idea who's going to even make it into the play offs

Last edited by GrantZilla on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

This is a crap shoot NFL season Empty Re: This is a crap shoot NFL season

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:39 am

I really think this year, more than most, is going to come down to who is healthy in January. The Steelers may just be too beat up already to get there.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 am

Yeah, and the owners want a 18 game season. Shit, you'll have nothing but 3rd stringers playing come play off time
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:50 am

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, and the owners want a 18 game season. Shit, you'll have nothing but 3rd stringers playing come play off time

That's my complaint as well. 18 games will mean more than 10% more injuries is my guess. That means more games with practice squad quality players playing bigger roles. The onwers are talking expanding the rosters but that only means adding 3-4 guys per team who aren't even good enough for today's practice squads.

I think it's a mistake. I'm not so sure the right length for an NFL season for optimal play isn't 14 games. Each marginal game adds a LOT of incremental injury risk.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:54 am

What I see happening is teams pulling their starters the 2nd game, and not putting them in until the 3rd.

I see teams trying to get a perfect season going out the window if goes to 18 games, and goal is to survive and get just enough wins in the division to make it to the plays.

So basicaly what NBA and MLB do mid-season.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:56 am

GrantZilla wrote:What I see happening is teams pulling their starters the 2nd game, and not putting them in until the 3rd.

I see teams trying to get a perfect season going out the window if goes to 18 games, and goal is to survive and get just enough wins in the division to make it to the plays.

So basicaly what NBA and MLB do mid-season.

Ugh

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 am

If they go 18 cut back on the wild card and only play two preseason games. Or just keep it how it is and don't fix what ain't broke.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down