The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Perez?

4 posters

Go down

Fury vs Perez? Empty Fury vs Perez?

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 am

Cuban heavyweight Mike Perez, who now fights out of Cork, Ireland, is being touted as a potential next opponent for Tyson Fury .

After Irish veteran Martin Rogan suddenly decided against facing British and Commonwealth beltholder Fury (15-0, 10 knockouts) on Sept. 17 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, promoter Mick Hennessy is searching for a new matchup.

And it appears unbeaten Perez (16-0, 12 knockouts), winner of the first-ever International Heavyweights Prizefighter tournament in London in May, is the most likely candidate to fill the void.

Hughie Fury, uncle and trainer of the 23-year-old Manchester prospect, confirmed on boxrec.com that offers have been made to Perez and another up-and-coming English heavyweight, David Price.

The power-packed Perez, 25, whose stocky frame and explosive style has been likened to Mike Tyson, would certainly provide a decent examination of Fury’s talents.

As would Price (11-0, 9 KOs). However, it seems the 28-year-old from Liverpool is likely to stick with his British title eliminator against John McDermott, on Nov. 5, rather than jump straight into the ring with Fury.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/articles/168613-fury-to-face-cuban-perez

I like this fight. What do you guys think of it?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Perez? Empty Re: Fury vs Perez?

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:00 am

Fury is a very inexperienced prospect. Keeping him fighting often is important. If he wants to reach his potential (not that I think it is that high), he needs to get a very good trainer (Steward has been rumored) and good sparring.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:01 am

That's a really good fight to make, should be a fun scrap.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Ali wrote:That's a really good fight to make, should be a fun scrap.

+1

Perez already KO'd Fury's twin
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I like Fury. I mean he's always out there trying to fight the right opponents unlike Wilder. hes fighting good opposition for the place hes at right now in his career.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down