The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!"

+3
Soonermark890
captainanddew
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!" Empty GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!"

Post  gomez1012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ajh12fVx9UXgB9n2Me9vXFqUxLYF?slug=ki-iole_mora_referee_agbeko_controversy081411

Kizer said he plans to talk to Golden Boy matchmaker Eric Gomez about a message Gomez posted on Twitter minutes after the fight. Gomez wrote, “I love Russell Mora,” which did not escape King’s notice.

King was angry about that and said it was more evidence of possible malfeasance.

“He loves Russell Mora? He loves him? Can you believe that?” King said. “Is that why Russell Mora looked the other way the 49 times when Mares hit [Agbeko] with a low blow? He loves him? I can’t believe that.”

Gomez is very close to Mares and was responsible for signing him to a Golden Boy contract when he turned professional following the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Mares became the first fighter to sign with Golden Boy out of the amateurs who went on to win a world title.

Gomez, who said he planned to call Kizer to apologize, explained that he was just exuberant. He said he deleted the message after it received a lot of negative attention.

That tweet no longer on his twitter, but later on twitter takes a shot at Dan Rafael
@makeawar Eric Gomez
@danrafaelespn take this Puto! lockerz.com/s/129515624
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!" Empty Re: GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!"

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm guessing he was over-served when tweeting that.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!" Empty Re: GBP Matchmaker tweets "I love Rusell Mora!"

Post  gomez1012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:03 pm

captainanddew wrote:I'm guessing he was over-served when tweeting that.

And telling the truth
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:06 pm

What the fuck? That is unbelievable.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:What the fuck? That is unbelievable.

If I am Don King I call the IBF (not that I love the sanctioning bodies) and add that to the list of reasons why there needs to be an immediate rematch
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

GB without a doubt is the most corrupt promotion in boxing. So corrupt even a shady cat like Don King is calling foul.

That Swiss banker and Oscar De La Homo should be proud. They've over taken Don King in the most shady promotion in boxing.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm

GrantZilla wrote:GB without a doubt is the most corrupt promotion in boxing. So corrupt even a shady cat like Don King is calling foul.

That Swiss banker and Oscar De La Homo should be proud. They've over taken Don King in the most shady promotion in boxing.

This shit is ridiculous. Its unbelievable that they can just get away with this. How is it possible? Someone needs to call one of our politicians maybe they can help they are not doing anything useful right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 pm

LAS VEGAS – Boxing promoter Don King said Sunday he received a phone call several weeks ago urging him to have Russell Mora removed as referee for Saturday’s bantamweight title fight between Joseph Agbeko and Abner Mares. The caller, whom King declined to name, said Mora was a “Golden Boy referee.”

King, who did not travel to Las Vegas for the fight because he is suffering from a bad back, said Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, denied a subsequent request by King’s organization.

Kizer said Sunday he believes Mora is one of the best up-and-coming referees in the sport, which is why he did not remove him from the fight as requested by Dana Jamison, the vice president of boxing operations for Don King Productions. Kizer said Jamison gave no legitimate objection that would have caused him to remove Mora. He said the request was made entirely on the basis of the caller who told King that Mora is a “Golden Boy referee.”

“What does that even mean, that he’s a Golden Boy referee?” Kizer asked. “I get a lot of complaints about referees. Some people say this guy allows too much holding. Some people complain that a particular referee breaks them up too quickly and doesn’t allow them to fight on the inside, or that a referee allows too much roughhousing. But I’ve never heard anyone say a referee is a ‘Golden Boy referee’ or a ‘Top Rank referee.’ Honestly, I don’t even know what that means.”

http://tinyurl.com/4y8jph3
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil Oscar is the Devil.. Twisted Evil
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:53 pm

GrantZilla wrote:LAS VEGAS – Boxing promoter Don King said Sunday he received a phone call several weeks ago urging him to have Russell Mora removed as referee for Saturday’s bantamweight title fight between Joseph Agbeko and Abner Mares. The caller, whom King declined to name, said Mora was a “Golden Boy referee.”

King, who did not travel to Las Vegas for the fight because he is suffering from a bad back, said Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, denied a subsequent request by King’s organization.

Kizer said Sunday he believes Mora is one of the best up-and-coming referees in the sport, which is why he did not remove him from the fight as requested by Dana Jamison, the vice president of boxing operations for Don King Productions. Kizer said Jamison gave no legitimate objection that would have caused him to remove Mora. He said the request was made entirely on the basis of the caller who told King that Mora is a “Golden Boy referee.”

“What does that even mean, that he’s a Golden Boy referee?” Kizer asked. “I get a lot of complaints about referees. Some people say this guy allows too much holding. Some people complain that a particular referee breaks them up too quickly and doesn’t allow them to fight on the inside, or that a referee allows too much roughhousing. But I’ve never heard anyone say a referee is a ‘Golden Boy referee’ or a ‘Top Rank referee.’ Honestly, I don’t even know what that means.”

http://tinyurl.com/4y8jph3
This is what should happen next
An investigation by the Federal Government into Golden Boy, Mora, and Kiser.
Then Kiser and Mora should both be fired
Then Golden Boy should never be allowed to promote another fight again and my favorite fighter growing up and anyone who was involved should be arrested.
Then the fight should be declared a no contest and they should have a rematch.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Try explaining this shit to people who don't follow boxing.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Try explaining this shit to people who don't follow boxing.
I did that exact thing today LOL I had to actually show him the fight for him to understand.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm

isn't Matthyse a golden boy fighter? He had 2 decisions I feel he should have won, go against him. Isn't Lara golden boy fighter?

the problem is more than Mora bending over so much for Mares that it makes you wonder if Golden Boy was behind it.

The problem is:

The bigger name fighter gets preferential treatment from the ref in a decent % of fights!!!! How often do you see a ref going against the bigger name guy? Not that often unless I'm way off base.

The bigger name fighter gets the benefit of the doubt from the judges in a decent % of fights? How often does the bigger name guy get the close or controversial decision? Alot, it seems to me. Alot more than the lesser guy getting it and thus there being an upset.

Who is the bigger name guy? A foreigner named Matthyse or Zab Judah or Devon Alexander?
Who is the bigger name guy? Lara or PW (and PW has Haymon behind him)??
Who is the bigger name guy? Abner Mares-former Olympian of Mexican/American heritage who speaks well and has a fanbase or Agbeko-a fighter originally from Africa?

And this isn't the only sport where stars get preferential treatment. It happens in the NFL and especially the NBA. It just is different here because the entire sport is 1 man vs 1 man. When Kobe gets a call that a role player doesn't get we notice it as fans but it is understood as part of the game. And the star/stars on the other team will get calls as well. Hopefully, it all evens out in the end.

In boxing, when one man gets what appears to be preferential treatment, there is no makeup calls at the other end. There is no stars on the other team getting those same questionable calls. We are left to watch one man get screwed!!!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 am

Just the fact that Mares was a 2-1 favorite should have told us something.

Last edited by flapanther2001 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed)
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 am

OscarDeLaHoya: Yes there were low blows but ABNER still won.ohhh and yes the referee was incompetent if u ask me.just being honest my friends.

OscarDeLaHoya: I had ABNER 115-111

OscarDeLaHoya: I watched the fight again and those punches were on the belt line the last one hit agbekos glove.i still have it 115-111.

http://tinyurl.com/3uc8p2t
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 pm

captainanddew wrote:isn't Matthyse a golden boy fighter? He had 2 decisions I feel he should have won, go against him. Isn't Lara golden boy fighter?

the problem is more than Mora bending over so much for Mares that it makes you wonder if Golden Boy was behind it.

The problem is:

The bigger name fighter gets preferential treatment from the ref in a decent % of fights!!!! How often do you see a ref going against the bigger name guy? Not that often unless I'm way off base.

The bigger name fighter gets the benefit of the doubt from the judges in a decent % of fights? How often does the bigger name guy get the close or controversial decision? Alot, it seems to me. Alot more than the lesser guy getting it and thus there being an upset.

Who is the bigger name guy? A foreigner named Matthyse or Zab Judah or Devon Alexander?
Who is the bigger name guy? Lara or PW (and PW has Haymon behind him)??
Who is the bigger name guy? Abner Mares-former Olympian of Mexican/American heritage who speaks well and has a fanbase or Agbeko-a fighter originally from Africa?

And this isn't the only sport where stars get preferential treatment. It happens in the NFL and especially the NBA. It just is different here because the entire sport is 1 man vs 1 man. When Kobe gets a call that a role player doesn't get we notice it as fans but it is understood as part of the game. And the star/stars on the other team will get calls as well. Hopefully, it all evens out in the end.

In boxing, when one man gets what appears to be preferential treatment, there is no makeup calls at the other end. There is no stars on the other team getting those same questionable calls. We are left to watch one man get screwed!!!

Good post and it was the reason Agbeko claimed fighters from Africa get screwed all the time and its very true. There is always favoritism for the home guy/more popular guy. Unjustices in boxing happen all over the world and they happen to any fighter. Holyfield was robbed in Europe when he fought Valuev. Stuff like this happens all the time, and it will keep occuring.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down