The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humberto Soto vacates his Lightweight trinket

Go down

Humberto Soto vacates his Lightweight trinket Empty Humberto Soto vacates his Lightweight trinket

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Mexico's Humberto "Zorrita" Soto has officially vacated his lightweight world title of the World Boxing Council (WBC). Last week, BoxingScene.com had reported the strong possibility that Soto was going to leave the lighweight division to pursue the big names at 140-pounds. Soto notified the WBC that he plans to move up to 140 in his next fight and the lightweight division is a thing of the past. Soto made his fourth and final defense of the title on June 25, when he decisioned Japanese boxer Motoki Sasaki.

"I have nothing more than gratitude to the WBC, as this sanctioning body is where I spent practically my entire career and I've been a world champion at featherweight, super featherweight and lightweight. I've always proudly wore the green and gold belt. Now it's time to take another step in my career and find new goals. My staff will review the options and they will determine what is best," said Soto, after vacating his world championship.

Soto will make his junior welterweight debut in September, in a ten round contest against an opponent to be determined at a later date.

http://www.boxingscene.com/humberto-soto-vacates-wbc-title-moving-up-140---41035

Back to top Go down