The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like the product your getting from the NFL?

2 posters

Go down

Do you like the product your getting from the NFL? Empty Do you like the product your getting from the NFL?

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Even though my Raiders are doing good, I have to say, not realy.

NFL become the NBA. Everytime there is a tackle, especialy on the QB, I wait for the flag. Everytime a pass is broke up, I'm waiting for Pass Interference.

Defense can't even play defense anymore the way they've been tied down. Almost not even football anymore at times.

Maybe I'm in the minority. I dunno. I just say "let them fucking play ball!"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Do you like the product your getting from the NFL? Empty Re: Do you like the product your getting from the NFL?

Post  gomez1012 Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 pm

i was at that Raider-Chief game, had a damn good time

Tailgated in the rain and had a sick time w/the Raider OT win!!!

No complaints from me!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Do you like the product your getting from the NFL? Empty Re: Do you like the product your getting from the NFL?

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:52 pm

It was a good game, but officiating was shit. Total BS pass interence calls on both sides, and ruling that kick off return a fumble when he was actualy down.

I think coach should be allowed to use as many challenges as he wants until he's out of Time Outs. If the officials are blowing it, like they were that game. Shit didn't know what down it was when the Cheifs were on the Raiders goal line.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:04 pm

As much as I hate it the NFL has no choice about protecting quarterbacks and taking drastic measures on head shots. The bottom half of QB's are already just dismal, awful, terrible and crappy. They routinely put their receivers in unreasonably vulnerable positions. Can you imagine if we had second stringers playing on say ten teams?

As far as the across the middle hits, the QBing is so bad that someone's going to get catastrophically injured or killed if they doln't do something.

However, I also hate that everything benefits the offense. Want to make the game safer? Make it illegal for receivers to move more than five yards across the field from where they line up. That stops the long patterns across the field that creates these situations, adds safety and penalizes the offenses for being inept in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I agree, it always goes against the defense. I think anyone that played defense in football get's irrated by this.

I'd hate to have to play defense in todays NFL. It's almost like what the fuck you suppose to do? Not tackle the receiver or runningback? Let them make a big play.

And what about the QB? Are suppose to not tackle him, and what, let him go do a Michael Vick and go round down the fucking field?

IMO, if they don't like you tackling the QB, they need to put a red jersey on him, and he can't move anywhere out of the pocket, and especialy down field.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I agree, it always goes against the defense. I think anyone that played defense in football get's irrated by this.

I'd hate to have to play defense in todays NFL. It's almost like what the fuck you suppose to do? Not tackle the receiver or runningback? Let them make a big play.

And what about the QB? Are suppose to not tackle him, and what, let him go do a Michael Vick and go round down the fucking field?

IMO, if they don't like you tackling the QB, they need to put a red jersey on him, and he can't move anywhere out of the pocket, and especialy down field.

Well to be fair, once a ballcarrier (other than a QB) has posession, he is by definition NOT defenseless and all the head to head stuff just doesn't apply.

The defenses have literally become too good for their own good. If the athletes today played by pre-1980 rules? We'd be watching second and third string QB's every week, third and fourth string receivers every week and 10-7 games would be the norm with a total of 400 yards of offense for the teams combined, 6-8 turnovers per game and maybe nobody completing 50% of their passes.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:45 am

marbleheadmaui wrote: Well to be fair, once a ballcarrier (other than a QB) has posession, he is by definition NOT defenseless and all the head to head stuff just doesn't apply.

True, but that never stops officials from throwing the flags and NFL to hand out fines.

Like NFL fining Stephen Peterman $10,000 for "chop blocking."

"I went and talked to him (the official) and he basically told me I was baiting the guy into chopping him," Peterman said.

And whole helmet-to-helmet is a case by case thing. There is no uniform standard for it. And I don't know about you, but I don't trust the judgment of most refs. From the games I saw, anytime there was helmet-to-helmet contact, you could count on a flat.

Helmet-to-helmet is going to happen. It's part of the game, and how your train to tackle that how receivers are trained to tuck to protect themselves, a clash of heads going to happen.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote: Well to be fair, once a ballcarrier (other than a QB) has posession, he is by definition NOT defenseless and all the head to head stuff just doesn't apply.

True, but that never stops officials from throwing the flags and NFL to hand out fines.

Like NFL fining Stephen Peterman $10,000 for "chop blocking."

"I went and talked to him (the official) and he basically told me I was baiting the guy into chopping him," Peterman said.

And whole helmet-to-helmet is a case by case thing. There is no uniform standard for it. And I don't know about you, but I don't trust the judgment of most refs. From the games I saw, anytime there was helmet-to-helmet contact, you could count on a flat.
Helmet-to-helmet is going to happen. It's part of the game, and how your train to tackle that how receivers are trained to tuck to protect themselves, a clash of heads going to happen.

Grant that just isn't true. Once a ballcarrier has posession helmet to helmet hitting is neither illegal not punishable by a fine. These fines are coming about ONLY in situations where players either do not have the ball or are in the process of obtaining posession. Helmet to helmet hits on running plays happen, well, on almost every running play.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Sorry, I wasn't talking about running players. I meant on receivers.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Sorry, I wasn't talking about running players. I meant on receivers.

Oh, never mind Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Sorry, it's my bad. I didn't clarify
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum