The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM.

4 posters

Go down

KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM. Empty KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM.

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 12:13 pm

first good luck to kelly sat night.hes fighting a guy with a excellent record on the surface but should win via ko..ring rust the first two rounds plus anxiety the first two rounds could hurt him untill he settles in..after this fight what would you do next.myself id have him in the ring late july or early august against the winner of andrade-pryor fight or attempt to make a big money fight overseas with the winner of groves-degale..then in nov again maybe overseas to germany for a good money fight with stieglitz..if hes succesfull then kelly would be a big money fight for the 168 pound tourney winner or brute..the correct thing i think is to keep kelly active and upgrade the opposition each time and make him some good coins in the process..your thoughts.what would you do.

Back to top Go down

KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM. Empty Re: KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM.

Post  captainanddew Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 pm

If I am handling him, he has to get a new trainer. I don't care if he doesn't fucking like it. He needs to train outside of his home area in Ohio as well.

I wouldn't move him alot in overseas fights as he is one of the very few American fighters who can draw. I'd set him up for a follow-up fight on the East coast with a better opponent (though I wouldn't jump for the huge risk fight right now).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM. Empty Re: KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM.

Post  captainanddew Fri May 06, 2011 12:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:If I am handling him, he has to get a new trainer. I don't care if he doesn't fucking like it. He needs to train outside of his home area in Ohio as well.

I wouldn't move him alot in overseas fights as he is one of the very few American fighters who can draw. I'd set him up for a follow-up fight on the East coast with a better opponent (though I wouldn't jump for the huge risk fight right now).

the andrade fight winner would be a good logical July fight. Keep it close to home. Good action fight. If Pavlik can't beat him he would have no business in against the elite at 168.

I hate to say this but how does he beat Ward or Bute? I feel like he is too plodding and slow for either of those guys. I can see him beating some of the other guys at 168, but I have a hard time seeing him beat Froch, Ward, or Bute. Just my opinion, but I feel like those guys give him angles and outbox him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Allan Green
Robert Stieglitz
Sakio Bika
Librado Andrade

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Good question. First, I would only fight men who will stand in front of my fighter. I take on a few tomato cans to get his confidence back, then I ask for Arthur Abraham or someone similar. Pavlik needs a lot of victories to get the type of confidence he'll need to compete against a slick boxer.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 06, 2011 5:10 pm

KELLY PAVLIK..WHATS NEXT IF YOU HANDLED HIM. Menu_back_r1_c1
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Allan Green
Robert Stieglitz
Sakio Bika
Librado Andrade

+1

And I would bring in an assistant coach since Kelly would never replace Loew,

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down