The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges.

+2
gomez1012
dbudge
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges. Empty Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges.

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3551392/Boxing-champ-Kevin-Mitchell-and-his-mum-are-arrested-on-cocaine-possession-and-cannabis-farm-charge.html

hahaha you can take the boy out of Essex but you can't take the Essex out of the boy...
what a prick...

Warren must be fuming, first Mitchell gets his big shot at Upton Park against Katsidis and gets battered with the exposure of his poor training camp for the fight soon to follow. then he turns down a fight with the number 1 lightweight in Europe because he wants more money. then he gets arrested with his mother for growing ganja and shotting shovel. oh dear oh dear Kevin, what have you gone and done.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges. Empty Re: Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges.

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:52 am

how much where they growing?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges. Empty Re: Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges.

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 am

gomez1012 wrote:how much where they growing?

i dunno. i'd say looking at the size of the house and considering it was a fmaily home they couldn't have been growing more than a tents worth. i'd say 10- 15 plants maximum. that's just a £180 fine, caution and all the equipment confiscated. they probably picked it up with a heat sensitive camera from a helicopter. the cocaine on the other hand is a different story. if they had under 2oz then it's going to be a fine and a slap on the wrist. the justice system in the UK is very lenient on small time dealers because our prison systems could not cope with everybody arrested on drug charges, especially in London and the surrounding counties

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm

ight

So he's not fighting anytime soon?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Boxers sure love their weed
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:21 pm

gomez1012 wrote:ight

So he's not fighting anytime soon?

well apparently now he is still going to be fighting Murray in the summer http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/3553092/Frank-Warren-insists-Kevin-Mitchells-arrest-has-not-derailed-his-showdown-with-John-Murray.html
Warren is claiming that Mitchell has not been charged and the show will go on. The police spokesman said that a woman and a 26 year old man have been bailed until June. i guess Warren is going to get Mitchell a shady lawyer to fix this minor problem out of court. Warren has a lot of shady contacts and Murray vs Mitchell is a potentially mouth-watering clash upon these shores so he wouldn't want to see that opportunity pass him seeing as he promotes John Murray as well as Mitchell now. i believe this fight is one of the main reasons behind Warren signing him up

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:22 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Boxers sure love their weed

everybody loves weed!!!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

dbudge wrote:

Not me. Gives me panic attacks and anxiety.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:

pussy

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Aw shut up. It does for a lot people. You smoke enough weed, it'll happen.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:40 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Aw shut up. It does for a lot people. You smoke enough weed, it'll happen.

i smoke weed everyday and there is fuck all wrong with me.......

"me neither"

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Good for you man. Shit does different things for different people. But ERs on regular basis get weedies having panic attacks and thinking they're dying.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:51 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Good for you man. Shit does different things for different people. But ERs on regular basis get weedies having panic attacks and thinking they're dying.

yeh i was joking with you baby. weed, like all recreational narcotics, loses its desired effect within the user after a certain time period. none of us will ever experience the giggles like we used to the first time we blazed, we might chase after it but it never comes around again. luckily weed doesn't lead to any type of physical addiction because the World would be totally dysfunctional if it did!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:55 pm

That's also not true. It can be extremly addicting to certain people. That's the thing with drugs. They do different things to different people.

Like booze. A lot people drink heavily and they get violent or stupid. For me, it mellows me out.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Me too Crying or Very sad

Typical that this happens as soon as Kevin agrees to face Murray Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:59 pm

GrantZilla wrote:That's also not true. It can be extremly addicting to certain people. That's the thing with drugs. They do different things to different people.

Like booze. A lot people drink heavily and they get violent or stupid. For me, it mellows me out.

yeh that is a mental addiction. the body doesn't physically withdraw from lack of weed like it does with heroin or crack. somebody can be mentally addicted to chocolate, if they don't have it though it isn't going to make them violentally ill.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm

True. Beleive it or not, alcohol is the worse drug as far as withdraws go. You can actualy die from withdraws if your a bad enough alcoholic.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Drugs are bad m'kay

Kevin Mitchell arrested on drug charges. Sp_0204_02_v6

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:True. Beleive it or not, alcohol is the worse drug as far as withdraws go. You can actualy die from withdraws if your a bad enough alcoholic.

drug and alcohol dependancies are serious illnesses. i'm all to aware of the facts surrounding them. which is why i question Pavlik's alcoholism as being as serious as what Kevin Iole on yahoo is making it out to be, his "denial" i mean. Pavlik, during his time as an alleged alcohol dependant, went 12 hard rounds with who is now the number 2/3 p4p fighter in the World and had to cut down weight to get to that point. as an alcohol dependant he would not have achieved this

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Come on, if you are familiar with it, you know a lot of alcoholics are high-functioning ones. The ones people are shocked when they find out they do got a problem.

In fact, they fall into their own class, HFA.

A High-functioning alcoholic (HFA) is a form of alcoholism where the alcoholic is able to maintain their outside life such as jobs, academics, relationships etc. all while drinking alcoholically.[1] Many HFAs are not viewed by society as alcoholics because they do not fit the common alcoholic stereotype. Unlike the stereotypical alcoholic, HFA's have either succeeded or over-achieved through their lifetimes. This can lead to denial of alcoholism through both the HFA, co-workers, family members and friends.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 pm

being a professional athlete that has to cut down to make the weight is a bit different to a guy going to work everyday and laying bricks for a living. preparing yourself mentally and physically for a prizefight is a completely different prospect to face. his performance against Martinez was far too competitive for him to fall into that category IMO. if he was then fair play to him. i just think he was on binges. was Kelly swigging out of a hip flask whilst he was in the gym training for his World title fight with Martinez? i can't see it.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Who knows man. Do you know how many boxers are and were alcoholics? JCC admited to being ass wasted most of his career.

Look at Hatton. No denying he was an alocohlic, amongst other things. He'd bloon up to a lard ass, and then go on a crazy weight loss.

I gurantee, if Hatton had layed off the booz and cocain, he'd probably still be fighting today.

I'm not the only one that's commented on Pavlik's drop off skill wise since he won the Middleweight Championship. That's when his drinking went into over-drive over his success.

I remember all the rumors going around about his excessive drinking, punching his hand threw a window which is what caused his staph infection. Missing out on doctor appointments which what prolonged the infection.

Margaret Goodman had a great article a few issues back in The Ring on alcohol and boxing. Pointing out that fighters that did have drinking problem, all had issues with cuts and excessive bleeding. Kind of like Pavlik's problems against Martinez.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:03 pm

exactly. who knows, nobody but Kelly and his camp. everything else is speculation. he did go rehab but they werent exactly long stints. it will be interesting to see what Kelly's career in the future reveals. i think the 168lb venture after such a fragile mental state will prove fatal, if he was an alcohol dependant.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Thing is he got busted with his mom.

I'd like to see the reactions of our moms if we pitched them the idea of turning their house into a weed farm/coke gallery. We'd get a rolling pin upside the head.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 pm

"Yo Ma! I'm goin' to grow me some weed in your flower garden!"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next