The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman?

4 posters

Go down

Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman? Empty Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=37766#ixzz1IZs6D1Wy

Heavyweight prospect Robert Helenius (15-0, 10KOs) became a serious threat on Saturday after a ninth round knockout of former heavyweight champion Samuel Peter. Promotional company Sauerland Event are going to take their time in grooming Helenius, but one fight they would like to make is with European champion Alexander Dimitrenko (31-1, 21KOs).

Promoter Wilfried Sauerland said - "I did not want this fight [with Sam Peter], but matchmaker Hagen Doering and trainer Ulli Wegner persuaded me to put Peter is against Helenius. We want to build Robert the right way. He is still young, and we have time. Next, we would like to go after the European Championship held by Dimitrenko. Robert's chances to win are very good."

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=37748#ixzz1IZsBQeik

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a deal is very close for heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury (14-0, 10KOs) to face former WBC champion Hasim Rahman (49-7, 40KOs) on the Amir Khan-Paul McCloskey undercard on April 16, which takes place at the MEN Arena in Manchester. I've been told that all of the terms have been agreed upon by both sides. Rahman will be the most experienced opponent in Fury's career.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman? Empty Re: Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Great news about Helenius vs Dimitrenko, that's a solid European fight.

As for Fury vs Rahamn WOW, huge gamble by Fury's promoter. Rahman might be a shell but he's still incredibly dangerous for a prospect like Fury.

Back to top Go down

Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman? Empty Re: Heavyweights - Helenius vs Dimitrenko? Fury vs Rahman?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:54 pm

good for both fights and there promoters.a little risk or taking a risk even if its a hard fought loss is developing your fighter in a good way.lets see where hes at type of thing.. i hope they both win.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 pm

At least the Fury vs Rahman fight gives me a little more incentive to buy the Khan vs McCloskey ppv.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Fury messes Rahman up, he's so slow now. He's getting KTFO

Helenius should do the same to Dimitrenko, dont forget what Chambers did to him, but definitely a good fight for a developing HW
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 pm

the lack of undercard fights on the Khan bill was all that was putting me off going. i think, if this fight is added to the bill, then i will go for sure as it will be an interesting fight i feel.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:54 pm

dbudge wrote:the lack of undercard fights on the Khan bill was all that was putting me off going. i think, if this fight is added to the bill, then i will go for sure as it will be an interesting fight i feel.

What fights are you guys getting on that PPV?

They dont show Ortiz vs Berto?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:the lack of undercard fights on the Khan bill was all that was putting me off going. i think, if this fight is added to the bill, then i will go for sure as it will be an interesting fight i feel.

What fights are you guys getting on that PPV?

They dont show Ortiz vs Berto?

At Manchester, England (HBO, same-day tape):
Amir Khan vs. Paul McCloskey, 12 rounds, for Khan's WBA junior welterweight title; Matthew Macklin vs. Khoren Ghevor, 12 rounds, middleweights; Craig Watson vs. Lee Purdy, 12 rounds, for Watson's British welterweight title; Scott Quigg vs. Andrei Isaeu, 12 rounds, junior featherweights; Martin Murray vs. John Carvalho, 12 rounds, middleweights; Anthony Crolla vs. Gavin Rees, 10 rounds, lightweights; Dezzie Higginson vs. Andy Murray, 8 rounds, lightweights; Richard Towers vs. TBA, 6 rounds, heavyweights; Jamie Kavanagh vs. TBA, 6 rounds, lightweights; Adam Etches vs. TBA, 6 rounds, junior middleweights; Tasif Khan vs. TBA, 4 rounds, bantamweights

It's a really weak card. Hopefully Berto vs Ortiz get's shown on Sky Sports later that night.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Ali wrote:

At Manchester, England (HBO, same-day tape):
Amir Khan vs. Paul McCloskey, 12 rounds, for Khan's WBA junior welterweight title; Matthew Macklin vs. Khoren Ghevor, 12 rounds, middleweights; Craig Watson vs. Lee Purdy, 12 rounds, for Watson's British welterweight title; Scott Quigg vs. Andrei Isaeu, 12 rounds, junior featherweights; Martin Murray vs. John Carvalho, 12 rounds, middleweights; Anthony Crolla vs. Gavin Rees, 10 rounds, lightweights; Dezzie Higginson vs. Andy Murray, 8 rounds, lightweights; Richard Towers vs. TBA, 6 rounds, heavyweights; Jamie Kavanagh vs. TBA, 6 rounds, lightweights; Adam Etches vs. TBA, 6 rounds, junior middleweights; Tasif Khan vs. TBA, 4 rounds, bantamweights

It's a really weak card. Hopefully Berto vs Ortiz get's shown on Sky Sports later that night.

That sure is, looks like Khan's purse is killing the rest of card
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:06 pm

I don't really think Golden Boy have made much of an effort, seems like they've left the undercard for Hatton to handle.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Ali wrote:I don't really think Golden Boy have made much of an effort, seems like they've left the undercard for Hatton to handle.

Yea I dont think they left him much $ to work with

Khan has a big minimum
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Wish Linares was on the card, would love to see him face John Murray.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Gavin Rees vs Anthony Crolla is off the bill. Rees is injured.

i think if they add Fury vs Rahman then i will go. that would be guaranteed rounds. as it is Manchester is a long way to go to see Amir blow a guy out in 3 rounds.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Ali wrote:I don't really think Golden Boy have made much of an effort, seems like they've left the undercard for Hatton to handle.

Hatton has alot of reasonably young fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 am

I want to see Helenius get chin checked to make sure he has a chin. Too many giants like him that don't.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down