The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fights that should’ve never happened or should never happen.

Go down

Fights that should’ve never happened or should never happen.  Empty Fights that should’ve never happened or should never happen.

Post  Frank Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:55 am

1.Ali vs. Liston II: Liston was hit with a punch he never saw. Walcott panicked and screwed up the count and everyone shouts “FIX!” Sonny would’ve done better to sneak into Floyd Patterson’s camp and have a camera there while he beat the shit out of him.

2.Foreman vs. Frazier II: Ok, this was Joe’s premise for taking the fight. “I’m cutting my hair bald so Foreman’s punches will roll off my head.” Foreman never went for this brilliant plan and put Joe in the air with an uppercut. Maybe I’m mistaken, but I don’t recall any punches rolling off of Frazier’s dome.

3.Hagler vs. Leonard: Loved the fight. However, if I knew I’d have to hear Hagler bitch about the result for the rest of his life…..

4.Cooney vs. Norton: Can a man be decapitated in a boxing match? No. Any doubters can view this fight and they’ll come away convinced. Why did Norton take the fight? Because, “I do well against Caucasians.” Ok.

5.Evander Holyfield vs. Michael Moorer I: Never has a fight been so misunderstood. (This is one observation I’m taking seriously.) Before you call me crazy, I’m not the only person who scored the fight for Holyfield. So did Evander (smile). Prior to criticizing me, please watch the fight again and score it yourself. You’ll see that Evander actually won the fight. It was the shoulder pain and the drama Evander was showing that gave people the impression he was actually losing the fight. That along with Teddy Atlas screaming in the corner gave Moorer the decision. Of course, there would be a rematch where Evander knocked him down 5 times en route to a successful title defense.

6.Any Klit Brother fight: Ok, we know there’s nobody in this armpit of a HW division who can beat the Klits, or damn nearly anyone else for that matter (Including your fat, drunk uncle.). Let them go on vacation until a real contender comes along. Anything else is a really big waste of time and money.

7.Lennox Lewis Vs. Olive McCall II: So, now we all know what a heroin addict looks like when he fights for the Heavyweight Championship of the world. Was anyone really curious about that in the first place?

8.Mayweather vs. Marquez: I have no problem with the result. MW dominated the fight. I just think it was a waste of time. It did bring up some interesting questions though. (a) Does Marquez have a chance at getting a date after everyone saw him drink his own piss? I think he’d have to have a great deal of money and some powerful mouthwash at this point. (b) Why did he just drink piss and not eat shit to prepare? Maybe that would’ve put real fear in the MW camp.

9.Floyd Mayweather vs. Floyd Mayweather: If anyone can stop this fight from taking place a 4th or 5th time, you have my respect.

10.James Toney vs. anyone else. : James, I think you’re a future HOF fighter. Now take your fat ass home. It’s over man. It’s over.

Frank

Back to top Go down