The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Lockout

+3
captainanddew
Soonermark890
Norm1023
7 posters

Go down

NFL Lockout Empty NFL Lockout

Post  Norm1023 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 pm

What are you guy's thoughts on the potential lockout?

Who do you side with?

Would the League suffer at all from missing a few weeks next season due to a stoppage? Or has the NFL become so popular that the fans will come back as if nothing happened?
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

NFL Lockout Empty Re: NFL Lockout

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm

They will suffer big time. It would be just like Baseball.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 pm

the sport will suffer. any sport would..they had a lockout before remember the replacement players..both sides are to blame here.greed of players who invest not one dime to buy a new franchise to the tune of a quater of a billion dollars plus payroll to stubborn owners and there 18 game schudle where the super bowl will be played in a infirmary..stupidness greed stuborness and excess pride are to blame..there will be a lockout..

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm

I actually side with the owners on this one.

All I hear is the players wanting 50% of the revenue. What about the expenses?

How many teams does the players union own? 0

How much risk do the players have if a franchise goes under? 0

How many people do the players employ in the day to day operations of a franchise? 0

How many stadium employees do the players pay? 0

How much of a players wealth is affected if a franchise goes under? 0

How many times has the union told a player to report to camp because they have a legally binding contract that they must honor? 0

Players are employees and nothing more!!!

Unions are killing every major sport and if it takes the NFL owners to make a stand, I'm all for it.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:57 pm

norm im in complete agreement with that totaly..plus the guys who actualy made the nfl the dikas browns starrs baughs unitas the butkus taylors etc etc are given freaking scrapes of bones by the union.and busts like reggie bust russell leinart brady quinn etc etc etc get paid more then established vetren stars before they even play one second of pro football..

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 pm

Norm1023 wrote:I actually side with the owners on this one.

How many people do the players employ in the day to day operations of a franchise? 0

How many times has the union told a player to report to camp because they have a legally binding contract that they must honor? 0

Unions are killing every major sport and if it takes the NFL owners to make a stand, I'm all for it.

then how about the owners opening their books. What is the risk of a franchise going under? Are any franchises losing money? How much is the respective profits????
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 am

captainanddew wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:I actually side with the owners on this one.

then how about the owners opening their books. What is the risk of a franchise going under? Are any franchises losing money? How much is the respective profits????

Ok - When you get to work tomorrow ask the owner of the company if you can see the books so you can determine if you deserve more money.

Let's see if you get a raise.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 am

and of course since the owners bought a franchise and some of them and the bank have interest in the franchise..along with that privledge of owning a team comes marketing rights of merchandise which has evolved the last several years..team jerseys helmets pennents team caps pens with the team logos on them tee shirts that kids buy etc etc..the ownership of thoses rights belong to the owners legaly yet the players get half the revenue with zero outlay of cash..business has a right to make a profit.a oportunity to make money because they took the risk of losing that money in that venture..
to further norms example of a employers books heres the cituation..players get a salary a huge one guarenteed before one dime is taken in..the team losses money so what ..they make money then its a crime.if revenue increases we want half of that the players say..increased revenue dont neccesarly mean increased profits...
another example in all sports.a player signs a contract for 7 years long term guarentees his huge money based on hopefully good future performance..he performs well and then the player says my word is shit.i want more money.this contract which i signed and loved 3 years ago is now unfair.i wont play untill you give me a new contract with more money...how many times have we seen that...how many times on the other hand have we seen a player perform well under expetations and the owners saying we are not paying you this money..we want a new contract paying you half the money cause the last 3 years you stunk..not one time.the owners word is good back by a legal document but the players word is not good and that legal document means nothing to them..
yeah open the books..a team shows it makes money then there players want more since they invested nothing..there lossing money as yes some teams do the players then on that team all of them because of there non greedly kind hearts will say we will all take a 25 percewnt pay cut..we will pump some cash into the team as a bridge loan..uhuh..which sceenario is likely to happen.
sports teams some of them do go under..ask the montreal expos..the marlins who found new suckers to buy them at a inflated price etc etc..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 pm

I think they will work something out, its over $, they wont want to lose more by locking out the players
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 am

I don't think the league will suffer too much. The league may have one or two rough years, but the quality of the NFL product has never been an issue. However, adding games to the schedule could throw things out of whack.

As for the lockout, I disagree with Norm and dmar and side with the players. I don't think that the owners risk more than the players. The players risk their safety and long-term health every day and are the ones who actually make the NFL what it is. The owners risk their initial investment and the time and effort they put into the organization. That's all. Their livelihoods do not depend on owning the team and the majority are more concerned with profit and prestige than the well-being of their employees. Both sides are greedy. The owners in this situation are greedier.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 am

The owners and players go fuck off

If these players think not making enough money to play a game, why don't go do some manuel labor, like laying concret for not even fraction what they make.

And owners can go pound it.

Every couple years, some major sports franchise comes my city, Portland, to talk about city spending tax money to build a them a new stadium for a team. And everytime, we tell them go fuck off.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 am

GrantZilla wrote:The owners and players go fuck off

If these players think not making enough money to play a game, why don't go do some manuel labor, like laying concret for not even fraction what they make.

And owners can go pound it.

Every couple years, some major sports franchise comes my city, Portland, to talk about city spending tax money to build a them a new stadium for a team. And everytime, we tell them go fuck off.

Smart city you have there, Grant.

The mistake the NFL players are making is that they think they have the owners by the balls. A percentage of the gate? In a team sport like Football? LOL. Oh no. This is what happens when people are over paid. Greed is addictive.

The NFL season may or may not go on. However it's the players, not the owners, who will be in financial dire straits if there is no 2011 season.

If they were asking for the percentage in the name of providing assistance to the financially troubled players who created this league, I'd have interest in the hold out. However, make no mistake about it. These are manchilds that spend their money like high school students on spring break. Sure, the union wants the money for the sake of the union and not the players pockets. Yeah, I know.... and Tom Cruise really is a heterosexual.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Frank wrote:
Smart city you have there, Grant. [/quote]

Yeah. Portland politics blow, but on this matter, I agree with them. The people of Seattle are still paying for the KingDome, and that's been demolished for over a decade.

I'd love to have another pro team besides the Blazers in Portland. But that's if the owner and investors use their own money to build the stadium.

It is such scam pro teams have. Charge the city to build them a new stadium, then charge the shit out of people that actualy go to the game.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Smart city you have there, Grant.

Yeah. Portland politics blow, but on this matter, I agree with them. The people of Seattle are still paying for the KingDome, and that's been demolished for over a decade.

I'd love to have another pro team besides the Blazers in Portland. But that's if the owner and investors use their own money to build the stadium.

It is such scam pro teams have. Charge the city to build them a new stadium, then charge the shit out of people that actualy go to the game.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down