The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Palace Full Featured Website?

+5
captainanddew
Soonermark890
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
Shaun
9 posters

Go down

Boxing Palace Full Featured Website? Empty Boxing Palace Full Featured Website?

Post  Shaun Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 am

I do web development for a living and thought you guys might be interested in my services. Check out this site (I didn't design it). http://texas.247sports.com/

The idea would be to integrate the message board into a full feature websites. With recent forum posts displaying on the front page and also a section a boxing schedule, twitter, upcoming events, etc...

Also, I could integrate some basic advertisements into the site. We could use that revenue for some fun msg board events of some sort.

I realize this place is meant to be low key and the site might create too much attention.

Just some thoughts to consider.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Boxing Palace Full Featured Website? Empty Re: Boxing Palace Full Featured Website?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:29 am

Nice one, we should definitely look into expanding the forum.

Back to top Go down

Boxing Palace Full Featured Website? Empty Re: Boxing Palace Full Featured Website?

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Very nice, if your up for it go right ahead lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 pm

It would be nice. I am also a web developer but I feel out of my element developing under this content manager. I feel forumotion is not very flexible for actual development.

I also found that nobody has wrote an article after several posters were interested in it before the option became available. I have wrote and coded the first 2 but it is tiresome to write when you do not feel you have the boxing knowledge.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:It would be nice. I am also a web developer but I feel out of my element developing under this content manager. I feel forumotion is not very flexible for actual development.

I also found that nobody has wrote an article after several posters were interested in it before the option became available. I have wrote and coded the first 2 but it is tiresome to write when you do not feel you have the boxing knowledge.
Yeah Captain Dmar and some of the other really knowledgeable guys need to write them. I would but I feel the same as you. BTW I really thought your write ups were first rate. But yes we all need to share the writing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:It would be nice. I am also a web developer but I feel out of my element developing under this content manager. I feel forumotion is not very flexible for actual development.

Yeah Captain Dmar and some of the other really knowledgeable guys need to write them. I would but I feel the same as you. BTW I really thought your write ups were first rate. But yes we all need to share the writing.

yeah, I was working on article for Alexander/Bradley. Then my uncle died and I never got back around to finishing it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

yeah, I was working on article for Alexander/Bradley. Then my uncle died and I never got back around to finishing it.

My condolences Captain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Well this idea really might be a good one if forumotion deletes our forum.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 am

I have articles that I can add and add others as well. Please don't leave without letting me know where the web site is. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:49 am

Frank wrote:I have articles that I can add and add others as well. Please don't leave without letting me know where the web site is. LOL
+1

if this thing actually get shut down, we need to make a new website. it would be cool if we could actually make a legit one.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Fri May 31, 2013 3:27 pm

How about people just creating threads that promote activity? Nothing going on, no fights coming up. Well then why not make a thread about something like "Best combo you have ever seen?". "What fighter did you underestimate that turned out to be better then you ever thought?" "Biggest bust? What guy did you have high hopes for that never panned out?". "Most underrated fighter since you started watching boxing?" Threads that promote discussion and can be bumped and added to forever.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:48 am

telltailtale wrote:How about people just creating threads that promote activity? Nothing going on, no fights coming up. Well then why not make a thread about something like "Best combo you have ever seen?". "What fighter did you underestimate that turned out to be better then you ever thought?" "Biggest bust? What guy did you have high hopes for that never panned out?". "Most underrated fighter since you started watching boxing?" Threads that promote discussion and can be bumped and added to forever.

Go for it. There is a problem with this board and there is no activity anymore. Two of the high level posters left and there was other internal problems that created staleness. All of your potential threads listed above are really nice topics. I don't have the gift for that, my threads usually fall flat.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down