The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre

3 posters

Go down

Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre Empty Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Comanche Boy 25-0-1 will fight Thomas Longacre. Apparently Longacre (a strikeforce MMA fighter) decided to call out Comanche Boy. They will be fighting in Tulsa on the 25th of February.

Comanche Boy said this about Longacre who is making his boxing debut, “He’s not in my league and February 25th, I will prove that when I take him to school in the boxing ring.”

http://ringsidereport.com/?p=7001

Last edited by Soonermark890 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre Empty Re: Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Comanche Boy's trainer Jeff Mayweather said this about the upcoming bout.
“George is very strong, durable, good hand speed and he's got no quit in him. That's a tough combination to deal with...gonna be a tough night for Longacre. Or a short one.”

http://www.comancheboy.com/press_tulsa_feb%2025th_fight.html
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre Empty Re: Comanche Boy vs Thomas "Thunder Kick" Longacre

Post  Deeznutz Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 pm

I think George will make a statement with this guy for running his mouth. Should be easy work for him.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Deeznutz wrote:I think George will make a statement with this guy for running his mouth. Should be easy work for him.
I agree. It will be funny. I dont know what he is thinking going into a boxing match against a guy who is 25-0 when you have never had one boxing match.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:35 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Deeznutz wrote:I think George will make a statement with this guy for running his mouth. Should be easy work for him.
I agree. It will be funny. I dont know what he is thinking going into a boxing match against a guy who is 25-0 when you have never had one boxing match.

Because the carnival attraction that is Comanche Boy isn't exactly a boxer. The other guy I'm sure has had training, he is a kick BOXER after all.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Because the carnival attraction that is Comanche Boy isn't exactly a boxer. The other guy I'm sure has had training, he is a kick BOXER after all.
George is not a sideshow. He is being trained by Jeff Mayweather. Jeff said right now they are actively searching for a step up and want to get him to move way up in competition. This fight will not be close.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:48 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

George is not a sideshow. He is being trained by Jeff Mayweather. Jeff said right now they are actively searching for a step up and want to get him to move way up in competition. This fight will not be close.

Mayweather is his trainer, of course he's going to say that. The guy is 32 and a Super Middleweight. He fights in arguably one of the most competitive divisions in the sport, who can he beat in that division? Who can he even come close to in that division? What about Light heavy? who can he come close to in that division? The guy is a gimmick because of his heritage. He will not come close to defeating anyone of note which is why he's fighting a guy who is 0-0 in his next bout, think about that. He's fighting a guy who is 0-0.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:54 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Mayweather is his trainer, of course he's going to say that. The guy is 32 and a Super Middleweight. He fights in arguably one of the most competitive divisions in the sport, who can he beat in that division? Who can he even come close to in that division? What about Light heavy? who can he come close to in that division? The guy is a gimmick because of his heritage. He will not come close to defeating anyone of note which is why he's fighting a guy who is 0-0 in his next bout, think about that. He's fighting a guy who is 0-0.
I agree. He needs to step up quick. He is not getting any younger. He is a journeyman type guy maybe more. I really hope he can get a chance to fight on TV and get a chance to prove he is a better than what you and I think. But he does have some talent its not as if he is a complete bum. Having seen him live about 5 or 6 times he does have power and a chin (so far).

As for this fight he is fighting the guy because he called him out and its about a month after his last fight. The guy is staying really active which is how you improve. Got to give him some credit for staying active.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:32 am

Can he be a journey man if he doesn't journey outside of Oklahoma?

26 fights and only one scheduled for 10? Sorry Sooner he's a club fighter.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:10 am

hey boxing needs journeymen and club fighters too..this fight is what we want.a local attraction bringing fans to the arena and done by local promoters..if it excites the tulsa folks then it brings maybe new fans to the game and we are all for that..the guys 0-0 but has more business then james toney or ray mercer did in there mma contests.or ali vs the jap guy...its a pleasent carnival ..only thing missing is promoting this guy as cochises great grandson...sooner are you going to the fight..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am

dmar5143 wrote:hey boxing needs journeymen and club fighters too..this fight is what we want.a local attraction bringing fans to the arena and done by local promoters..if it excites the tulsa folks then it brings maybe new fans to the game and we are all for that..the guys 0-0 but has more business then james toney or ray mercer did in there mma contests.or ali vs the jap guy...its a pleasent carnival ..only thing missing is promoting this guy as cochises great grandson...sooner are you going to the fight..
I am working on that. I want to go I like watching him. He is always an exciting fighter and the crowd in Tulsa loves the guy.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:31 am

love the sig Mark.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 am

Deeznutz wrote:love the sig Mark.
I was at that fight. Me and my buddies were sitting front row right were he dropped him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
I was at that fight. Me and my buddies were sitting front row right were he dropped him.

I knew he had fought on ESPN before, I remember he was on the same card as Green when I was watching one time.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:57 am

Deeznutz wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I knew he had fought on ESPN before, I remember he was on the same card as Green when I was watching one time.
Yeah I think that was the Green vs McCrary fight. I know that was by far the most vicious KO I have ever seen live. They took that guy out in a stretcher.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm not going to be going to this like I would have hoped. But a few of my buddies are going to be up there. I'm sure it will be a decent show overall and George will teach this punk a lesson.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Yeah I cant get any of my buddies to go. Mad
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:23 am

George knocked his ass out, don't have much details yet.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:28 am

Deeznutz wrote:George knocked his ass out, don't have much details yet.

LOL I knew he was going KO that guy. I guess now that guy will shut the fuck up.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:43 pm

Ok so I guess I got it wrong, George won but he didn't KO him. He won every round though. But after the fight the other guy was saying "My contact fell out and I couldn't see" as an excuse. My buddies said the dude was tough, the guy does have an excellent kickboxing record and has been fighting for a long time now(he is 33). But they said George outclassed him in every round.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down