The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th

3 posters

Go down

Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th Empty Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:10 pm

This coming saturday, it should be an afternoon fight here in the States, for Cunningham's IBF cruiserweight trinket.

At Mülheim, Germany: Steve Herelius vs. Yoan Pablo Hernandez, 12 rounds, for Herelius' WBA interim cruiserweight title; Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina, 12 rounds, for Cunningham's IBF cruiserweight title; Alexander Frenkel vs. TBA, 12 rounds, for Frenkel's European cruiserweight title.

I'll see if I can find some live streams for these fights and post a thread Saturday. cheers

Back to top Go down

Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th Empty Re: Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th

Post  dbudge Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 pm

it's all been very quiet for Cunningham since the Adamek defeat. what's he actually been doing?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th Empty Re: Steve Cunningham vs. Enad Licina - Feb. 12th

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm

dbudge wrote:it's all been very quiet for Cunningham since the Adamek defeat. what's he actually been doing?

After Cunningham lost to Adamek by SD in 2008 he hasn't done a whole lot, he won a pretty clear cut UD, in a IBF Cruiserweight Title Eliminator against Wayne Braithwaite in his next fight. In his last fight, USS won a funky TKO, in a title fight he was losing after getting knocked down, over Troy Ross. Ross got screwed, because he was winning, and the 'cut' that got the fight stopped was from a Cunningham headbutt, but it was ruled that it came from a punch.

I was hoping to see a Ross-Cunningham II saturday, but I guess we'll have to settle for USS- Enad Licina, at least it's for a Crusierweight trinket.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Ring wrote:
dbudge wrote:it's all been very quiet for Cunningham since the Adamek defeat. what's he actually been doing?

After Cunningham lost to Adamek by SD in 2008 he hasn't done a whole lot, he won a pretty clear cut UD, in a IBF Cruiserweight Title Eliminator against Wayne Braithwaite in his next fight. In his last fight, USS won a funky TKO, in a title fight he was losing after getting knocked down, over Troy Ross. Ross got screwed, because he was winning, and the 'cut' that got the fight stopped was from a Cunningham headbutt, but it was ruled that it came from a punch.

I was hoping to see a Ross-Cunningham II saturday, but I guess we'll have to settle for USS- Enad Licina, at least it's for a Crusierweight trinket.

I may be getting senile but I thought he thumbed Ross.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

That card isn't going to be bad. Cruiserweights get a bad name and we don't pay much attention as it is a european dominated division for most of recent history. There are some decent fighters in the division that should make for some decent fights. Can't wait for the planned tournament.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:20 am

captainanddew wrote:
Ring wrote:

I may be getting senile but I thought he thumbed Ross.

I seem to recall something about a thumb too Capt, but according to BoxRec: "Fight stopped and ruled TKO for Cunningham because of cut". Maybe the cut on Ross was caused by a thumb. In any event, I recall Cunningham looking like shit in that fight and he was fortunate to get the TKO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 am

captainanddew wrote:That card isn't going to be bad. Cruiserweights get a bad name and we don't pay much attention as it is a european dominated division for most of recent history. There are some decent fighters in the division that should make for some decent fights. Can't wait for the planned tournament.

I figure if we can find a decent live stream it'll will give us some championship boxing to watch saturday afternoon, sprechen Sie Deutsches?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 am

Steve Herelius vs. Yoan Pablo Hernandez, 12 rounds, for Herelius' WBA interim cruiserweight title;

How bad do you have to suck if you can't hang on to an "Interim Title"?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum