The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lamon Brewster retires

Go down

Lamon Brewster retires Empty Lamon Brewster retires

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:59 am

After fourteen years in the ring, former WBO heavyweight champion Lamon Brewster, who has undergone four unsuccessful surgeries to restore sight in his left eye, has called a halt to his career in the ring.

Brewster, who hasn’t had sight in his left eye since his bout against Robert Helenius believes his last opponents gloves were tainted in some fashion. “My team wasn’t allowed to inspect Helenius’s gloves or witness his hands being wrapped,” states Brewster. “I feel I was done wrong, and now with no sight there is no way I can continue my fighting career.”

Brewster will now put his time into his promotional company Relentless Events, as well as other projects.

Brewster earned the WBO heavyweight title in 2004 when he defeated Wladimir Klitschko; he had three successful defenses before dropping the title to Sergie Liakhovich in 2006.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26372&more=1

Back to top Go down

Lamon Brewster retires Empty Re: Lamon Brewster retires

Post  captainanddew Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:14 am

I hope he doesn't have continuing vision issues and lives a long and healthy life.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:55 am

He KO'd a future hall of famer, won a plastic trinket, and made a couple of 7 figure purses. Damn good career. I Hope his vision comes back.

"Relentless Promotions" eh ? LOL ! Good luck with that, don't put any of your own money into it Lamon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum