The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown

4 posters

Go down

Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown Empty Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Congratulations Bert.

Should Roberto Alomar be inducted or should he be shunned for morally striking out?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6185308/roberto_alomar_poses_a_problem_for.html
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown Empty Re: Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Both guys deserve it

Alomar is probably the best 2nd Baseman of his time
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown Empty Re: Roberto Alomar and Bert Blylevin elected to Cooperstown

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Both guys deserve it

I agree just saying does the hall want him as a representative? I don't really care I think it should just be based off of on the field accomplishments. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:26 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

I agree just saying does the hall want him as a representative? I don't really care I think it should just be based off of on the field accomplishments. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

+1

Palmeiro sure wants the HOF entry

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:01 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

+1

Palmeiro sure wants the HOF entry

Yeah he does. The difference with him I guess is the steroid positive test and the other allegations. Alomar just tries to give people the monster.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I wonder if the PED tied athletes ever get it?

Seems like as the years go by, they will be forgotten about
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm just glad to see Alomar get in as he'll be the first ever to wear the Toronto Blue Jays cap into the Hall. He was really dedicated to that club back in the day, even lived at hotel in Skydome while he played for the Jays.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 am

Tobe wrote:I'm just glad to see Alomar get in as he'll be the first ever to wear the Toronto Blue Jays cap into the Hall. He was really dedicated to that club back in the day, even lived at hotel in Skydome while he played for the Jays.

I remember reading in Sports Illustrated about that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1003858/index.htm

Google is a great tool.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm guessing that if the committee considered the player's private lives & off field incidents as a criteria, not many players would be in the hall. For sure guys like Cobb & Ruth didn't lead exemplary lives.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I'm guessing that if the committee considered the player's private lives & off field incidents as a criteria, not many players would be in the hall. For sure guys like Cobb & Ruth didn't lead exemplary lives.

Or Mantle, Williams and a host of other greats. The thing is that most of that information wasn't as available to the public. Folks knew these guys were surly and had a drink or two but until tell all books and movies came out the public didn't know the depths of their debauchery. This is possibly infecting two women knowingly with an incurable fatal disease, basically murder if it's true.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

If cell phones, cameras & the internet existed in the 30's, nobody would be in the hall.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down