The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England retain the Ashes

2 posters

Go down

England retain the Ashes Empty England retain the Ashes

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:35 pm

sorry Freak, i had to do it

dbudge

Back to top Go down

England retain the Ashes Empty Re: England retain the Ashes

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll. You bastard. Sad Like I told you, Ponting has to go.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:11 pm

freakzilla wrote:Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll. You bastard. Sad Like I told you, Ponting has to go.

why though???? why is he being made a scapegoat in all this. the guy's record speaks for itself, he came up against formidable England teams that were better than Australia with the bat and the ball. Take Australia's starting 11 and take Englands starting 11. look at the teamsheets and then tell me what Australian's are currently better than their England counterparts?? i don't see any if i'm honest. Look at all the glory Ponting's previous cricket team's have given Australia in the past, there is such a thing as losing with dignity and to put the blame of Australia's not taking the Ashes back from England solely on Ponting is totally out of line. he must have done something right to get over 10000 runs in his test career, how many former Australia captains can boast that record? not one of Australia's batsmen has performed well in this series. The whole team should be shouldering the blame and not just their captain. whatever happened to loyalty????

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 pm

He averaged 16 runs. That's pathetic for a number 3. He has lost 3 ashes series now. He isn't that good a captain. He also usually gets the team he wants and he's picking mates over talent. Brad Haddin should be captain. In Australia it's success over loyalty. He's not getting any better or younger so he has to go and give a youngster a shot.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 pm

freakzilla wrote:He averaged 16 runs. That's pathetic for a number 3. He has lost 3 ashes series now. He isn't that good a captain. He also usually gets the team he wants and he's picking mates over talent. Brad Haddin should be captain. In Australia it's success over loyalty. He's not getting any better or younger so he has to go and give a youngster a shot.

because Haddin has performed well this series? The selection comes down to the selectors as well as the captain. Ponting can't take all the blame for the lack of raw talent in Australia at the moment. yeh Ponting is at the end of his career but to be disrespected in the manner he has been is totally out of order. even without Ponting the results wouldn't have been the same, before the Ashes a lot of people were seeing it as being a possible whitewash for England, Australia actually winning the third test the way they did should be appreciated as it was totally unexpected. Ponting is and always will be a great player in my eyes, he deserves better treatment

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:41 pm

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=5540;team=2;type=series

Haddin is our 2nd highest scorer at an average of 54. Ponting is averaging 16. Also Haddin is a smarter captain as his time as N.S.W captain showed.

I actually think we could've won if we had this team-

01- Shane Watson
02- Simon Katich
03- Michael Hussey
04- Michael Clarke (vc)
05- Ricky Ponting
06- Brad Hodge
07- Brad Haddin (c)
08- Steve Smith
09- Peter Siddle
10- Mitchell Johnson
11- Stuart Clarke
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

what did you think of the whole Hughes/Cook catch that wasn't a catch incident?? don't you think that is pretty weak considering the ball bounced 6 inches in front of him and yeh yeh he said he was unsure but was he only unsure because he had already jumped in the air celebrating it before realising that there are hundreds of cameras watching him and a referral system in place?? Haddin knew it wasn't a catch otherwise he would have been jumping up in the air and you can see from the cameras that he saw the whole event and knew it wasn't out?? i don't know if you've ever played cricket but you definitely know whether a ball has carried or not always by the pace of the ball and the angle it falls into your hands. considering it was off a spin bowler too and not moving that fast, i'd say this was really desperate stuff from the Aussies.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Yeah the Aussies have become desperate. The Aussie bowlers are just awful. Baer and Hilfenhaus have no right to be in this team.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 pm

freakzilla wrote:Yeah the Aussies have become desperate. The Aussie bowlers are just awful. Baer and Hilfenhaus have no right to be in this team.

but who have you got that is better?? Steve Smith has been getting smashed about all over the place but that's who you put in your fantasy 11. Hilfenhaus is a good bowler with the new ball but if that cherry isn't shining then he just doesn't carry enough pace or bounce to be a threat. I don't think that it is because Australia have got bad players, i think it's more to do with England having a really strong side at this moment in time, Australia jut need to stop pointing fingers and start doing something about it. the players need to accept responsibility of their failure rather than being given these excuses. Ponting is out of the team and guess what?? England are still far too superior hahahaha

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Ponting is out yes but we still don't have the right team. The coach and selectors should be the first to go. Clarke shouldn't be captain either.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down