The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy for wearing Jets jersey

Go down

Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy for wearing Jets jersey Empty Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy for wearing Jets jersey

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Happened in November, but I just read it

The New York Jets, disheartened to hear about an 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan after Sunday's game, reached out to the boy's family Wednesday and offered VIP treatment at a Jets home game.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York.

The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control outside after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234

I've always said bulk of sport's fans suffer from mental illness. Why I hate fanboys.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down