The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MOST TALENTED TRIO

Go down

THE MOST TALENTED TRIO Empty THE MOST TALENTED TRIO

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 am

Are Chris Bosch, Dwayne Wade and LeBron the most talented trio ever assembled on one NBA team?

Here are some others:

1968-69 Lakers-Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. Elgin's near the end though.
1971-1972 Bucks-Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Oscar Robertson and Bob Dandridge.
1956-1963 Celtics-Bill Russel, Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinson.
1963-1965 Celtics-Bill Russell, Tommy Heinson and John Havlicek
1982-1989 Lakers-Kareem, Magic Johnson and James Worthy
1986 Celtics-Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Bill Walton
2008-2010 Celtics-Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce (I'm not really sold on this one, but it's my beloved Celtics!)

Now I can't remember either the Jordan/Pippen Bulls having that big third guy, nor Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant having one. But I could be wrong there.

Looking at this list I don't think the Miami Trio really is unique. Impressive? You betcha! But I think what's unique about them is HOW they got together.

Back to top Go down

THE MOST TALENTED TRIO Empty Re: THE MOST TALENTED TRIO

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:48 am

i would say probably because you have 2 top 5 guys in the league and probably the best power forward in the league (or at least top 3). but you could make a case for other trios too. my basketball knowledge isnt the same as my boxing knowledge. i need to brush up on my history more. but jordan and pippen had rodman which was definitely a big 3. with those 3, they broke and still hold the record for the best regular season record. i think that they might have the best playoff record too. if not, its pretty close.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i would say probably because you have 2 top 5 guys in the league and probably the best power forward in the league (or at least top 3). but you could make a case for other trios too. my basketball knowledge isnt the same as my boxing knowledge. i need to brush up on my history more. but jordan and pippen had rodman which was definitely a big 3. with those 3, they broke and still hold the record for the best regular season record. i think that they might have the best playoff record too. if not, its pretty close.

Rodman was a wonderful role player but not the equal of a guy like Heinson or Havlicek. Two of the top five is pretty G-D good though huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:56 pm

true but rodman was a beast. i would put him in a trio. he wasnt necessarily an all star by himself but he was great at making his team better. he was a two time defensive player of the year, won the NBA title 5 times, 7 years in a row had the most rebounds in the league (and thats as a forward), a 2 time all star, and was successful on every team he played on. pistons and bulls won the title and spurs got to the conference finals. so maybe rodman wasnt at the same level as some of these players but he should definitely be mentioned as part of a big 3 in chicago.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:24 pm

powerpuncher wrote:true but rodman was a beast. i would put him in a trio. he wasnt necessarily an all star by himself but he was great at making his team better. he was a two time defensive player of the year, won the NBA title 5 times, 7 years in a row had the most rebounds in the league (and thats as a forward), a 2 time all star, and was successful on every team he played on. pistons and bulls won the title and spurs got to the conference finals. so maybe rodman wasnt at the same level as some of these players but he should definitely be mentioned as part of a big 3 in chicago.

I don't disagree that he was a key third component, merely that he wasn't a "great" player the way a bunch of these other guys were. But he was one of the great, great role players in history. Just a freaking Octopus on the boards and when he was into it a fearsome defender. If we include Rodman then Robert Parish, Bird and McHale belong on the list as does the Knick Trio of Frazier, Monroe and Reed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 pm

88-80 baby!

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 am

im glad that the celtics won and heat lost. im more happy that the blazers just won. and if lakers lose tonight, this will be a perfect basketball night for me.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:26 pm

marble there a awsome trio but this is there first year playing together.the other groups several years.at one point hondo was the sixed man with the trio of celts you named from 56-63...can you believe hondo a sixth man..that tells me something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down